Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317070
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101052
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2517
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40958
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 333
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55304
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64129
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4095
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6565
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 143
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 89
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52171
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167137
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 237
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 325
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 139
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 125
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6331
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 137
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125407

[REQUEST] Lenovo G700 (7ACNxxWW) Whitelist Removal
So I bought a G700 last month, and it has a Broadcom WiFi card, which just sucks. The range is very short, I can sit outside one of my fave local coffee shops less than 100ft from the router, and it doesn't even see their signal at all. It also doesn't seem to work well with Linux. I have an older non-functional ASUS laptop which I removed the WiFi card from, and I suspect it will work. The card worked quite well in the old laptop, it is Atheros-based. It fits into the Lenovo just fine, but when I try to boot it tells me that the card is unauthorized. So I did a bit of research and discovered that it wont work because Lenovo has a whitelist of approved cards, and my card isn't one of them. I also plan to buy a new internal WiFi card in the future, preferably one that supports dual-bands, but am worried that it might not work.

But anyways, Lenovo doesn't post a BIOS file for my laptop, so I had to dump it with Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit (Lenovo G700 BIOS (Dumped)). It's an Insyde-based BIOS. I'm not sure if the BIOS is encrypted with RSA, but I don't think it is.

I would very much appreciate it if someone could mod my BIOS so it doesn't check what WiFi card I'm using. I already searched the forums for my model # but couldn't find anything related to what I need. I would also be willing to consider donating a bit to the modder and/or website if this works out. And if someone could post links to flashing and recovery instructions then that would be great. I'm new to this and just found this forum today, I'm not skilled enough to do this myself.

If any new/additional info is needed then just ask and I will provide.

Thanks in advance for any help!

BDMaster :

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...3#pid71813

Regards

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy.....and ideas are bulletproof".
www find
(12-22-2013, 03:00 PM)Enigma83 Wrote: So I bought a G700 last month, and it has a Broadcom WiFi card, which just sucks. The range is very short, I can sit outside one of my fave local coffee shops less than 100ft from the router, and it doesn't even see their signal at all. It also doesn't seem to work well with Linux. I have an older non-functional ASUS laptop which I removed the WiFi card from, and I suspect it will work. The card worked quite well in the old laptop, it is Atheros-based. It fits into the Lenovo just fine, but when I try to boot it tells me that the card is unauthorized. So I did a bit of research and discovered that it wont work because Lenovo has a whitelist of approved cards, and my card isn't one of them. I also plan to buy a new internal WiFi card in the future, preferably one that supports dual-bands, but am worried that it might not work.

But anyways, Lenovo doesn't post a BIOS file for my laptop, so I had to dump it with Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit (Lenovo G700 BIOS (Dumped)). It's an Insyde-based BIOS. I'm not sure if the BIOS is encrypted with RSA, but I don't think it is.

I would very much appreciate it if someone could mod my BIOS so it doesn't check what WiFi card I'm using. I already searched the forums for my model # but couldn't find anything related to what I need. I would also be willing to consider donating a bit to the modder and/or website if this works out. And if someone could post links to flashing and recovery instructions then that would be great. I'm new to this and just found this forum today, I'm not skilled enough to do this myself.

If any new/additional info is needed then just ask and I will provide.

Thanks in advance for any help!

WL removed: Lenovo_G700_7ACN24WW_BACKUP_NWL_Enigma83
http://rghost.net/51149923
Look README to update. Please post results.

From Hanoi, Vietnam
find
So I booted into pure DOS as per your instructions. Then I typed "Flash.bat" (without the quotes, of course). It gave me the message "Error 28: Protected range registers are currently set by BIOS" and basically said the flash couldn't proceed. Does this mean my BIOS is encrypted? Is it possible to get past this error and flash anyways?

Thanks for any help!

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy.....and ideas are bulletproof".
www find
I just figured I would bump my post again for visibility purposes, and because I have a few questions.

1. Is there a way I can safely flash this BIOS some other way, like within Windows?

2. What about the error? What, exactly, is a protected range register? I have did some Googling on these things and haven't found any clear answers. I plan to buy a new internal WiFi card next month and would really like to get this resolved.

3. And what is the process for restoring my PC back to working order in the event that I am able to flash and it bricks? Would I need to send it in to Lenovo for repairs? I ask this because I'm under the assumption that a modded BIOS will automatically void your warranty in most cases. I would rather avoid that and not have to deal with Lenovo.

4. I also plan to post a request in these forums for an unlocked BIOS that shows all the categories that are hidden, if any, because I'm having problems with not being able to use/enable Intel Turbo Boost even though my laptop supports it. I'm also having issues with the function keys, particularly F4, not working as standard function keys. There is an option in the BIOS that switches off and on the option to use them as standard, but F4 closes any program that is in focus. It appears to be a hardware issue for all users of my model and not just for me. It's been posted on Lenovo's forums by multiple users and they have yet to issue a fix. I suspect that Lenovo has disabled/removed the option for this in the BIOS and think that an unlock will resolve the issue.

5. Once I get the WiFi issue fixed then do I simply submit the modded BIOS in another thread for consideration? Does the modded ROM file have a .rom or .bin file extension (I need to know which to submit)?

6. I also need to know where I can obtain the latest version of InsydeFlash (Lenovo doesnt host the version I need and it wasnt included on the recovery partition when I bought the laptop). I suspect I might need it.

Thanks for any help!

www find
OK, so I did a little more reading while waiting on your (Sovem) reply, and found this (http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-RE...4#pid62444). It's a thread on these forums, from a user with a Lenovo, but it's a G580 instead of a G700 like me. The user (deepMan) had the same error as me about the protected range registers. So I followed the directions you gave him, but it didn't appear to work:

"Try boot to DOS, type prr.exe [enter]
Then type: fpt.exe -f backwl.bin -bios [enter]"

After typing "prr.exe [enter] it just dropped me into another line, where I typed the 2nd command. But still nothing, it all keeps going back to the PRR error. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a workaround for this? I also noticed you made a typo error, I have the file "backnwl.bin", not "backwl.bin", so I typed "backnwl.bin" instead. I also took a look at the Flash.bat in Notepad and it had exactly the same command you gave deepMan.

I would really like to get rid of my crappy Broadcom card and place an order for a new card by the 1st of January. I am paid about once per month so if I cant order it on the 1st then I'm stuck with Broadcom until February. It all hinges on being able to get this resolved before then. I do realize you're probably a busy guy, it seems that others haven't gotten responses either.

I really do appreciate your time and help. Thanks again!

www find
Still need your help, Sovem.....I'm guessing you're just really busy. Thanks!

www find
Me too please! I also got a g700 and have a whitelist Problem. I want to use an i7-3632qm (possible according to the Manual) instead of the 2020m CPU, but there is a System Crash every 30 minutes. So i guess, this is also related to the whitelist-Problem. Would it be possible to remove the whitelist check althogehter? I am using the same bios-Version as Enigma83. Please help !!!
find
I had previously posted here before about getting the whitelist removed from my BIOS, but when I tried to flash the modded BIOS it failed, with an error about protected range registers.

But now a new official BIOS update has been released by Lenovo and I suspect that maybe, just maybe, it might be possible this time around. So I'd like to give it another go. The first time around I had to dump my BIOS myself, with Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit, but now there is an official ROM, with a copy of InsydeFlash included as well.

I am providing 2 files, one is the official file provided by Lenovo, the other is a dump of my bios that I have made (after flashing the update, of course).

7acn89ww.rar is the official file, LENOVO-7ACN89WW.rar is the BIOS that I dumped.

Thanks for any help!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1g5gz70z4yrw04/7acn89ww.rar
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fykqcepwe563qg...CN89WW.rar

www find
(03-20-2014, 04:34 AM)Enigma83 Wrote: I had previously posted here before about getting the whitelist removed from my BIOS, but when I tried to flash the modded BIOS it failed, with an error about protected range registers.

But now a new official BIOS update has been released by Lenovo and I suspect that maybe, just maybe, it might be possible this time around. So I'd like to give it another go. The first time around I had to dump my BIOS myself, with Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit, but now there is an official ROM, with a copy of InsydeFlash included as well.

I am providing 2 files, one is the official file provided by Lenovo, the other is a dump of my bios that I have made (after flashing the update, of course).

7acn89ww.rar is the official file, LENOVO-7ACN89WW.rar is the BIOS that I dumped.

Thanks for any help!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1g5gz70z4yrw04/7acn89ww.rar
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fykqcepwe563qg...CN89WW.rar

Run this as administrator, then upload result.rar
https://app.box.com/s/n0pd6fcig5j0lp9acgpb

From Hanoi, Vietnam
find
Here is the result.rar you requested:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1as3rd3solu9fxn/result.rar

www find