Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 786
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107982
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9212
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8761
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14352
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425626
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3840
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 532
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 331
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 722
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227525
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119707
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6997
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 619
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310579
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad Y700-15ISK (CDCNxxWW) BIOS Unlock
#11
(09-04-2016, 11:23 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote:
(09-04-2016, 11:05 AM)HighlanderC Wrote: Bios is InsydeH20 Version 3.7

CDCN37WW Version

I would like to unlock it to see if i can enable full NVME support like other Lenovo Laptops with similar Skylake Processors and chipsets.

Thank you

https://www.sendspace.com/file/i30hum

run and report

Apparently not a lot of folks are following up. Just got the same laptop and updated my bios to match.

@Dudu2002 Downloading the file you posted, do both these exe files get run from the windows 10 desktop?
find
quote
#12
I have the Lenovo Y700 15ISK - BIOS Version CDCN52WW

I want to have the advanced menu unlocked.
I actually want Intel's Speed Shift Enabled.

Dissembling the BIOS i managed to find this

Code:
Setting: HardWare P states (HWP), Variable: 0x510 {05 91 41 10 42 10 2B 00 34 12 10 05 10 10 00 01 00}
0x5F25E Option: Disabled, Value: 0x0 {09 07 04 00 30 00 00}
0x5F265 Option: Enabled, Value: 0x1 {09 07 03 00 00 00 01}

Would falseclock method work?

Here backup results file: https://www.sendspace.com/file/pjuhup


.rar   CDCN52WW.rar (Size: 8.94 MB / Downloads: 82)

Bios screenshot : http://imgur.com/a/76scK
find
quote
#13
Hello!
Bad news!All tests are failed!
Same laptop, same bios
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...ed-BIOS-fd
successfully unlocked.your bios chips are rewrite protected, you need programmer to flash modified bios like Bownario did it.
Programmer must support these chips:
GD25Q64 ID:0xC84017 Size: 8192KB (65536Kb)
W25Q32BV ID:0xEF4016 Size: 4096KB (32768Kb)
Let me know if you want to continue.
find
quote
#14
I ran the tool in windows 10.. could that be the reason why all tests failed?

Are there 2 chips to be reprogrammed? usually a bios is in a single chip.
I would want to continue, but i am not sure where i would get the necessary tools.

And thank you for the reply.
find
quote
#15
All new laptops have bios chip's rewrite protection.
Tool detect 2 bios chips on your Mainboard.
You can by these tools at Ebay or Aliexpress store.Contact seller before order for supporting your bios chips by programmer
find
quote
#16
(09-24-2016, 04:56 AM)gsoul5005 Wrote: I have the Lenovo Y700 15ISK - BIOS Version CDCN52WW

I want to have the advanced menu unlocked.
I actually want Intel's Speed Shift Enabled.

Dissembling the BIOS i managed to find this

Code:
Setting: HardWare P states (HWP), Variable: 0x510 {05 91 41 10 42 10 2B 00 34 12 10 05 10 10 00 01 00}
0x5F25E Option: Disabled, Value: 0x0 {09 07 04 00 30 00 00}
0x5F265 Option: Enabled, Value: 0x1 {09 07 03 00 00 00 01}

Would falseclock method work?

Here backup results file: https://www.sendspace.com/file/pjuhup



Bios screenshot : http://imgur.com/a/76scK

Is it possible to modify these new uefi/bios correctly?
find
quote
#17
(09-24-2016, 01:47 PM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: Hello!
Bad news!All tests are failed!
Same laptop, same bios
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...ed-BIOS-fd
successfully unlocked.your bios chips are rewrite protected, you need programmer to flash modified bios like Bownario did it.
Programmer must support these chips:
GD25Q64 ID:0xC84017 Size: 8192KB (65536Kb)
W25Q32BV ID:0xEF4016 Size: 4096KB (32768Kb)
Let me know if you want to continue.

I have ordered the tools to flash the bios. will take ~2 weeks to ship.

So want to continue...
find
quote
#18
@Da Vinci Code .. how do i mod the BIOS?

I have the tools and i would like to learn how to mod it, cuz i would like to mod any future BIOS updates as well.
find
quote
#19
Although I know that bios flashing is write protected on this notebook I still want to ask if there is any way on knowing how Lenovo is limiting the speed of DMI connection (NVMe SSDs are limited to around 1600 MB/s, while they are faster than that nowadays). I'm willing to buy some tools if there is a way to change that.
Thanks for response in advance

More info on that topic: http://www.geektech.co.nz/lenovo-y700-samsung-950-pro


Attached Files
.zip   CDCN53WW.zip (Size: 4.02 MB / Downloads: 47)
find
quote
#20
I am interested to know too. Y700. Same issue.

I would also like to have the fixed option for graphics card. I wonder if there is a way to manually get a bios flashed with this update and swapped or maybe send the computer for this mod? I'm starting to feel i should get an HP and ditch this pile.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)