Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 793
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107987
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9213
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8762
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14355
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425630
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3842
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 533
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 331
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 723
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227543
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119713
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6998
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 620
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310584
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad Y700-15ISK (CDCNxxWW) BIOS Unlock
#51
It seems you are making an assumption that throttling is caused by the increase in temperature. What is more likely is that you're hitting the TDP limit. This can be increased with ThrottleStop too but first you might want to make sure you enabled Speed Shift, undervolted the CPU (-160 mV for CPU Core & Cache and -50 mV for iGPU & System Agent seems stable for me), possibly also switched off BD PROCHOT and if that doesn't help possibly even tried disabling Turbo. 

TS and other utilities like AIDA64 show you the "limit reason." The tricky part is setting up ThrottleStop the right way for your use case. I only have the i5 version, so I can't give you the exact values that work for an i7. Maybe this helps: https://www.reddit.com/r/Lenovo/comments...undervolt/

And this discussion: https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/is-...t-38791616

In any case, there is nothing that I know of in the firmware settings that would help here because this stuff is either (1) autonomous and controlled by the EC, or (2) overriden once you boot into Windows. I haven't tried every option though so maybe there is something but even then you'd want to test it with ThrottleStop first as the settings only take place when you run it and do not persist after reboot, while modifying the power settings in firmware can make the system unbootable.
find
quote
#52
(06-03-2018, 12:30 PM)Outsyde Wrote: I modified the latest BIOS for the Y700 (CDCN54WW). If anyone here is interested, I can share the instructions how to do this. Note that it takes a hardware programmer to do so.
Hi, mate. How did you do it? Would be great to know. I'm trying to modify mine too. Are you able to overclock at all? I kinda doubt that. Cheers!
find
quote
#53
(07-17-2018, 06:30 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote: Hi
you need SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip

Hello, my friend! Here is a link to my bios dump for modding. Y700 15-ISK. I want all the hidden menus. Thanks! Hope you remember me. http://rgho.st/8hqbQWYnz
find
quote
#54
Hi guys, I have a Lenovo Y700 and I'm trying to get a GTX1080 ti to work on my exp gdc beast [external GPU], I need to enable HotPlug in the bios for it to work.  But of course, I need to have my bios unluck to access that. so my question is if that is possible for my laptop.

BIOS Version CDCN54WW

Link for the forum I got the idea from: https://egpu.io/forums/expresscard-mpcie...-problems/
find
quote
#55
(09-29-2018, 10:53 AM)Moszkowicz Wrote: Hi guys, I have a Lenovo Y700 and I'm trying to get a GTX1080 ti to work on my exp gdc beast [external GPU], I need to enable HotPlug in the bios for it to work.  But of course, I need to have my bios unluck to access that. so my question is if that is possible for my laptop.

BIOS Version CDCN54WW

Link for the forum I got the idea from: https://egpu.io/forums/expresscard-mpcie...-problems/
Hi
you need unblocked advanced menu
but your bios is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
find
quote
#56
(09-29-2018, 10:53 AM)Moszkowicz Wrote: Hi guys, I have a Lenovo Y700 and I'm trying to get a GTX1080 ti to work on my exp gdc beast [external GPU], I need to enable HotPlug in the bios for it to work.  But of course, I need to have my bios unluck to access that. so my question is if that is possible for my laptop.

This is a very interesting idea. Might try it myself one day (have the same laptop). Thanks for sharing.

Any setting, including the hidden ones, can be changed by editing UEFI variables directly. An official Insyde utility called H2OUVE can do just that.

Most settings are stored in one large variable with the GUID  A04A27F4-DF00-4D42-B552-39511302113D. To find out which offset to change: (1) get the firmware image (.fd) file, (2) open it in UEFI Tool, (3) extract the SetupUtility module, (4) run it through IFR Extractor, (5) look at the generated text file. For example, one change people have commonly been doing is to increase DMI link speed for NVMe SSDs, and this can be accomplished by changing the value at offset 0xC10 from 0x2 to 0x3.

There are a couple of steps to take but it shouldn't be too difficult. Details on how to do each of them can be found in a number of places if you search for the keywords.
find
quote
#57
(10-16-2017, 05:40 AM)Outsyde Wrote:
(09-30-2017, 06:00 AM)ale87rpg Wrote: Any body has ROM or BIN file of CDCN54WW?

You can extract it from the *.exe installer with InnoExtract and WinRAR.

Thanks for that tip Outsyde!  I've got the .fd file from the lenovo bios exe extracted.  The file is slightly larger than the dump i made with my hardware programmer.  Do I need to trim anything from the header/footer of the file to have it match the dump or just flash the fd to the spi chip as is?

EDIT: I just eyeballed it in HxD. Trimmed until i saw the traditional blank line before the Z¥ð line, then trimmed the excess from the new bottom offset (that matched from the original dump). It flipping worked!
find
quote
#58
Quick question, any one were able to change max turbo speed for 4 cores to be as fast as 1 core turbo?
find
quote
#59
Hello , i have a lenovo y700-15isk , 80NV009LGM . 

BIOS Version/Date CDCN54WW, 13/06/2017
SMBIOS Version 2.8

What info do i need to post to have a full unlock? ( NVME support / white lists / advanced settings etc)
I am new on the forum and i dont know the process yet...  Huh

Thanks in advance!
find
quote
#60
(04-08-2019, 12:50 PM)Whitewolf_5 Wrote: Hello , i have a lenovo y700-15isk , 80NV009LGM . 

BIOS Version/Date CDCN54WW, 13/06/2017
SMBIOS Version 2.8

What info do i need to post to have a full unlock? ( NVME support / white lists / advanced settings etc)
I am new on the forum and i dont know the process yet...  Huh

Thanks in advance!
Hi
Your bios is rewrite protected
You need SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)