Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 806
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108089
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1316
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9220
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8771
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14370
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425676
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3848
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 538
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 726
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227726
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7003
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 627
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310639
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62234

[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad Z585 (60CNxxWW) Whitelist Removal
#11
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-le...st-removal

From Hanoi, Vietnam
find
quote
#12
Thank you Sovem.

Now I get it... NWL = No White List Smile

[Image: 14239160849_e7f0287907_o.png]
find
quote
#13
So using Sovem's mod... and a bit of faffing around to get to boot the damned thing to DOS!! I am, for the first time in 1 year now using WiFi =D

For other folks looking for the same thing...

Sovem's BIOS With NO WHITELIST is here - https://app.box.com/s/jxc4pbc4slkohi711e4l
I used Rufus Boot utility to create a bootable DOS USB Stick - http://rufus.akeo.ie/
Copy the Bios files provided to the Root (so not in a directory)
Shut down my Z585 and pressed the little button to the right of the power button (with a bent arrow on it)
Go into Bios settings and change the boot options to Legacy - NOT UEFI
Set boot order to USB stick first
Save and Exit

Laptop now runs straight from USB stick.
type "flash.bat" and enter... and that's it... the flashing utility will do it's thing and restart.

Change WiFi card (two screws) and restart... and here we are now =D

Sovem - you are a life saver, thank you =)

[Image: 14239160849_e7f0287907_o.png]
find
quote
#14
(06-15-2014, 08:33 AM)JayZ Wrote: So using Sovem's mod... and a bit of faffing around to get to boot the damned thing to DOS!! I am, for the first time in 1 year now using WiFi =D

For other folks looking for the same thing...

Sovem's BIOS With NO WHITELIST is here - https://app.box.com/s/jxc4pbc4slkohi711e4l
I used Rufus Boot utility to create a bootable DOS USB Stick - http://rufus.akeo.ie/
Copy the Bios files provided to the Root (so not in a directory)
Shut down my Z585 and pressed the little button to the right of the power button (with a bent arrow on it)
Go into Bios settings and change the boot options to Legacy - NOT UEFI
Set boot order to USB stick first
Save and Exit

Laptop now runs straight from USB stick.
type "flash.bat" and enter... and that's it... the flashing utility will do it's thing and restart.

Change WiFi card (two screws) and restart... and here we are now =D

Sovem - you are a life saver, thank you =)

Thanks for info ... Big Grin

From Hanoi, Vietnam
find
quote
#15
(03-09-2014, 02:59 AM)sovem Wrote: Try this: IdeaPad_Z585_60CN93WW_NWL
https://app.box.com/s/jxc4pbc4slkohi711e4l
Look README to update. Please post results.

The link is dead. Please new link, please
find
quote
#16
Hello,

Can someone please remove the white list from this version (60cn97ww.exe) of the Z585 BIOS? I've tried changing to the previously white listed 93 version, but it won't let me downgrade.

I've tried doing it myself, but I can't extract the file or find a program that will give me a good back-up.

Thanks!
find
quote
#17
(07-28-2014, 05:46 PM)Bonkgr Wrote: Hello,

Can someone please remove the white list from this version (60cn97ww.exe) of the Z585 BIOS? I've tried changing to the previously white listed 93 version, but it won't let me downgrade.

I've tried doing it myself, but I can't extract the file or find a program that will give me a good back-up.

Thanks!

Backup bios for mod: https://app.box.com/s/wq1gvh5ygjm62kxv9m1i

From Hanoi, Vietnam
find
quote
#18
[/quote]

Backup bios for mod: https://app.box.com/s/wq1gvh5ygjm62kxv9m1i
[/quote]

That link is a little scary...Not only does my AV flag it, my browser won't even let me download it.

I found a different program and got a ROM that I can look at with the AMI Aptio UEFI MM Tool, but I'm not sure exactly how to use that software or what, exactly, I'm looking to change in the ROM.

Sorry...I know my way around a computer, but I'm no coder...
find
quote
#19
It is safe and no virus!
Turn off the AV, download and run it.

From Hanoi, Vietnam
find
quote
#20
Ok...Downloaded and ran it, came up with an error message: Cannot Recognize BIOS.

Then the window opened and there was no option to Back-up.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)