Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
sgx enabling bios help
Last Post: wafa
Today 08:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 23
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Sergio717
Today 05:17 AM
» Replies: 656
» Views: 167538
M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
Last Post: Alxstroi
Yesterday 11:08 PM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 71446
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 10:51 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6609
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Yesterday 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22109
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 41060
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Yesterday 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 118
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317380
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Yesterday 10:51 AM
» Replies: 487
» Views: 101149
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Yesterday 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2530
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Yesterday 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 353
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Yesterday 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55371
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64158
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4110
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
03-27-2024 04:08 AM
» Views: 109
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52247
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 251
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 340
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 158
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 142

[REQUEST] Lenovo T520 (8AETxxWW) Whitelist Removal
(09-11-2019, 12:08 AM)killer23d Wrote: Here's T520 modded 1.49
https://www22.zippyshare.com/v/8tOexOFB/file.html
https://www.sendspace.com/file/pzzl8i
http://www.filedropper.com/lenovot520t520i149mod

@RedFoxGaming 
Here's what you need.

@Pummelchen
I noticed that after I swapped the wires 
Grey plugged to aux and black to main I am getting much better reception and most likely there's no issue at all now, kinda weird that you need to swap those, contrary to what lenovo said we should do.
I think I see much more wifi's on my PC because I use 2 big antennas there.

EDIT:
I noticed something, this particular card does in fact detect all the networks around. It's just... not always.
When I cannot see the network I need to connect to then simply turning off and on again WiFi in Windows10 helps. Sometimes it takes 1 restart, sometimes 2, once it even dropped the wifi unexpectedly and I had to turn it off and on again to reconnect. I am out of ideas what is wrong here.
Please do let me know how it goes for you Pummelchen. Maybe I would have to order a new one.
find
The two 8260 cards arrived today. I installed just normal, no need to switch the wifi antenna cables. One end is a bit shorter by default as one T520 was factory new. The bandwidth is about 15% faster now, I get ca. 150 MBit down and 105 MBit up. All stable with latest Intel drivers on Windows 2019.

I will upgrade the second T520 soon, but report back only if I see any issues.
find
What do you mean by one end is shorter?

Please do report back when you have no issues aswell twice, that will make me seriously consider ordering another card.
Thanks!
find
(10-12-2019, 11:08 AM)olokos Wrote: T520 2760QM, planning to install Intel IT-8260HMW-B, I saw somebody did this on reddit and there's one on aliexpress in half mini pci-e format.
https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/328534206...5c0fzw6h5N

I have tried the files uploaded by killer23d, which I  thank you very much for!

Sadly it seems to crash on  windows 10 1809 64 bit. It does a bluescreen with WinFlash64.sys, I figured to update winflash from asus, but it fails.
Ended up buying a 10$ 2.5" Seagate HDD and installed windows 7 32 bit on it, I had to move wifi drivers as there was no internet and no drivers at all.
No battery drivers, so winflash would stop flashing because it won't flash without battery plugged in and charging.
Sideloaded WiFi drivers, did all the updates in windows 7 and the drivers also downloaded along.
Battery was visible and I double click flash.bat, allow UAC and it goes smoothly. I also did battery firmware upgrade while at it, as this one also crashed on Windows 10 bit, bluescreen.

TL;DR
All went great, but there's 5 beeps, pause 5 beeps and then it boots
I found out a very old post that said to switch Security Chip to Inactive and it doesn't do this anymore.

This supposedly turns off the TPM. I was wondering if there's a chance of having 1.49 bios with working TPM?

Thanks everybody, this is truly a great device Big Grin

Use this script to recompute the hashes in the .FL1 file and reflash and the beeps should be gone:

https://github.com/ValdikSS/thinkpad-shahash

Worked for me!
find
Hello!!

Well i'm by no means an expert at computers.  What i'm looking for is someone to be kind enough to give me a mini walkthrough on how to modify the BIOS on my system so that I can upgrade my wireless card.  And also ideally provide an updated BIOS i can use for my system for this.  I've just bought this used laptop and everything is great, other than the slow wireless card.

Here are the details for my machine:

Lenovo 4239CTO x64 based PC T520
Windows 10 Pro  -  Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
BIOS Version - LENOVO 8AET49WW (1.29) 2011-07-11
SMBIOS Version 2.6

My current wireless card is:

Ethernet 802.3
1x1 11bgn wireless LAN PCI Express Half Mini Card Adapter

The new wireless card i have purchased that gives me the fated 1802 error code is:

Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
Model: 633ANHMW

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  And not sure if its a stupid question, but if the fix is like a program to run vs a bunch of code to use that would be great, because i'm pretty beginner at this.

Thank you!!!
find
(10-09-2019, 09:16 AM)jul059 Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 12:08 AM)killer23d Wrote: Here's T520 modded 1.49
https://www22.zippyshare.com/v/8tOexOFB/file.html
https://www.sendspace.com/file/pzzl8i
http://www.filedropper.com/lenovot520t520i149mod

Has anyone tried this modded version on a T520 yet? Everything running smoothly?

Hi,

Does anyboby have problems with bluetooth 3.0 under windows 10? 
levono support post "Bluetooth driver for Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit) - Desktops, Notebooks (Use Windows 8 in-box driver).In-box driver: a native driver that supplied with the operating system which is automatically installed in machine by Windows"
find
Hi everyone, newbie here, I have a T520 which was given by a special friend of mine, it is very valuable to me. Now, I had replaced its battery but the T520 refuses to charge it by a beeping sound.

I had searched the internet that there is a whitelist for OEM battery. Is there any bios mod that will remove battery checking or whitelisting? Please help me, thank you very much.
find
Answers to previous posts start here:

I can confirm that the file provided by @killer23d is legit, works great and once recompiled as @tazeat suggested the beeps are also gone!

@Marcin I'm using AX200 with BT 5.1 or 5.2 and no issues whatsoever, actually any issues with BT/WiFi I've had before are now gone.

@justwantsomerealwifi All you really need to do is read through this thread, at least several last pages, it's all there, really.

@jake120691 If you're a newbie and this laptop is valuable for you then just buy a legimate battery. Even if there's a way to bypass this, then in case of a battery failure you're risking your laptop going up in flames and taking the surrounding area around it also in flames. Have you seen vapes exploding? 99% of cases they were using el cheapo batteries and trying to pull too much power from them.
Not saying that will happen with a laptop 100% of the times, but I wouldn't risk it anyway, better to spend even those 100$ on the biggest cells original battery than risk your laptop, life and whatever is around it, especially since you're a newbie.

=======================================================================================
Here's my question now:
I've tried to replace the BIOS boot logo, I did abide to all the requirements of not only size, but also resolution, filename and I tried BMP,PNG formats, but each time I tried to do it via the flashing lenovo software provided by killer it did proceed just fine, but the bios boot image still remains black.

Any ideas how to actually replace the BIOS boot logo? That'd be the icing on the cake on my laptop Big Grin
find
(03-26-2021, 08:49 PM)olokos Wrote: Answers to previous posts start here:

I can confirm that the file provided by @killer23d is legit, works great and once recompiled as @tazeat suggested the beeps are also gone!

@Marcin I'm using AX200 with BT 5.1 or 5.2 and no issues whatsoever, actually any issues with BT/WiFi I've had before are now gone.

@justwantsomerealwifi All you really need to do is read through this thread, at least several last pages, it's all there, really.

@jake120691 If you're a newbie and this laptop is valuable for you then just buy a legimate battery. Even if there's a way to bypass this, then in case of a battery failure you're risking your laptop going up in flames and taking the surrounding area around it also in flames. Have you seen vapes exploding? 99% of cases they were using el cheapo batteries and trying to pull too much power from them.
Not saying that will happen with a laptop 100% of the times, but I wouldn't risk it anyway, better to spend even those 100$ on the biggest cells original battery than risk your laptop, life and whatever is around it, especially since you're a newbie.

=======================================================================================
Here's my question now:
I've tried to replace the BIOS boot logo, I did abide to all the requirements of not only size, but also resolution, filename and I tried BMP,PNG formats, but each time I tried to do it via the flashing lenovo software provided by killer it did proceed just fine, but the bios boot image still remains black.

Any ideas how to actually replace the BIOS boot logo? That'd be the icing on the cake on my laptop Big Grin

Here You go :

https://www.mediafire.com/file/09ydb7oa5...0.rar/file

This Mod has all and is resigned by ValdikSS python script ...

Regards

By BDMaster
find
(03-28-2021, 10:45 PM)GioCap Wrote: Here You go :

https://www.mediafire.com/file/09ydb7oa5...0.rar/file

This Mod has all and is resigned by ValdikSS python script ...

Regards

By BDMaster

I already have the bios uploaded by killer and resigned by myself, is it any different from what you have uploaded?
Could you tell us a bit more about it, if it is in fact different from the killer's one, apart from resigning?

The only thing that was left unresolved for me was the ability to replace the BIOS bootup image by myself, everything else I managed to do by myself, but not replacing bootup image by my own one, despite meeting all the requirements for it.

Do you know how could I replace the image that the PC boots up with with at the bios level my own custom one?
find