Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6401
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14037
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 136
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424545
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3651
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 323
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 236
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 342
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224752
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119202
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6814
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 437
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309804
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62000
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 655
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20313
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169424
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6385
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 860

[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad W530 (G5ETxxWW) Whitelist Removal
I have a W530 would like the BIOS modified on. I have read both chips with programmer, however, not sure if I am doing this correctly. The Left chip comes up as a MX25L6405D which is the 8MB chip, however the right chip which I believe is supposed to be the 4MB BIOS chip, comes up as a 16mb chip an MX25L12805D 16MB chip everytime.

Has anyone encountered this?
find
quote
(08-12-2019, 10:10 PM)xxmetallust Wrote: I have a W530 would like the BIOS modified on.  I have read both chips with programmer, however, not sure if I am doing this correctly.  The Left chip comes up as a MX25L6405D which is the 8MB chip, however the right chip which I believe is supposed to be the 4MB BIOS chip, comes up as a 16mb chip an MX25L12805D 16MB chip everytime.

Has anyone encountered this?
Hi
This laptop model has two bios chips...MX25L6405 (8Mb) and MX25L3205 (4Mb)
You need MX25L3205 only
find
quote
(08-13-2019, 02:00 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 10:10 PM)xxmetallust Wrote: I have a W530 would like the BIOS modified on.  I have read both chips with programmer, however, not sure if I am doing this correctly.  The Left chip comes up as a MX25L6405D which is the 8MB chip, however the right chip which I believe is supposed to be the 4MB BIOS chip, comes up as a 16mb chip an MX25L12805D 16MB chip everytime.

Has anyone encountered this?
Hi
This laptop model has two bios chips...MX25L6405 (8Mb) and MX25L3205 (4Mb)
You need MX25L3205 only

It appears mine has a MX25L12805D 16mb instead of 3205 4mb.  The 6405 chip I have identified it's 8Mb
find
quote
Hi there,

I would like to have the following modification to my BIOS:
- WiFi Whitelist removal
- Battery Whitelist removal
- Advanced BIOS manual
I have attached my bios(4Mb) file here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=19S3YHi...MbEddOeuQi
Please let me if the 8Mb bios file is required.

Thank you very much for your help,
redooapple
find
quote
(09-01-2019, 07:00 PM)redooapple Wrote: Hi there,

I would like to have the following modification to my BIOS:

Thank you very much for your help,
redooapple
Hi
Your mod completed. Check your messages

This mod for this notebook ONLY !!!
find
quote
Hi,

I'd like to get the whitelist removed from this BIOS, and also "advanced BIOS menu" if that exists for this machine. I have a programmer, and read the BIOS from the chip. Attached is the data from the 4M chip (can supply 8M data too if needed). Will donate to site or individual, just let me know paypal addr.

BTW, if anyone wants help reading/writing these chips without breaking the whole system down, I learned how to do it the easy way (after doing it the hard way). The 8M and 4M chips share all connections (pins 2 through 8) except for pin 1 (/CS). So you can access both chips by putting your clip on the 8M chip, which is accessible without removing the MB. Connect pin 1 on the chip you want to access to the clip's pin 1, and connect pin 1 on the other chip through a 10k ohm resistor to Vcc (clip's pin 8).

  Thanks!


Attached Files
.bin   4m276_W530.bin (Size: 4 MB / Downloads: 11)
find
quote
(10-31-2019, 10:42 PM)madunzie Wrote: Hi,

I'd like to get the whitelist removed from this BIOS, and also "advanced BIOS menu" if that exists for this machine. I have a programmer, and read the BIOS from the chip. Attached is the data from the 4M chip (can supply 8M data too if needed). Will donate to site or individual, just let me know paypal addr.

BTW, if anyone wants help reading/writing these chips without breaking the whole system down, I learned how to do it the easy way (after doing it the hard way). The 8M and 4M chips share all connections (pins 2 through 8) except for pin 1 (/CS). So you can access both chips by putting your clip on the 8M chip, which is accessible without removing the MB. Connect pin 1 on the chip you want to access to the clip's pin 1, and connect pin 1 on the other chip through a 10k ohm resistor to Vcc (clip's pin 8).

  Thanks!
Hi
Your mod completed. Check your messages

This mod for this notebook ONLY !!!
find
quote
(10-31-2019, 10:42 PM)madunzie Wrote: Hi,

I'd like to get the whitelist removed from this BIOS, and also "advanced BIOS menu" if that exists for this machine. I have a programmer, and read the BIOS from the chip. Attached is the data from the 4M chip (can supply 8M data too if needed). Will donate to site or individual, just let me know paypal addr.

BTW, if anyone wants help reading/writing these chips without breaking the whole system down, I learned how to do it the easy way (after doing it the hard way). The 8M and 4M chips share all connections (pins 2 through 8) except for pin 1 (/CS). So you can access both chips by putting your clip on the 8M chip, which is accessible without removing the MB. Connect pin 1 on the chip you want to access to the clip's pin 1, and connect pin 1 on the other chip through a 10k ohm resistor to Vcc (clip's pin 8).

  Thanks!

Hi, A quick/dirty guild for this would be great, and I would also like to get my bios wifi white list sorted and a advanced menu would also be great.
Thanks
find
quote
A new software-only method for flashing a modified BIOS on the W530 and other Ivy Bridge ThinkPad models is now available here:

https://github.com/n4ru/1vyrain/

The process is well-documented and very simple - no external programmer necessary.

Just did this on my X230 and didn't experience any trouble at all.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)