Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
Last Post: Alxstroi
Yesterday 11:08 PM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 71416
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 10:51 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6604
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Yesterday 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22096
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 41043
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Yesterday 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 108
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317309
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Yesterday 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101114
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Yesterday 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2526
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Yesterday 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 345
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Yesterday 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55353
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64147
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4106
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
03-27-2024 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 153
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
03-27-2024 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 104
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52239
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167378
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 245
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 338
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 153
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 138

[REQUEST] Lenovo Y470 & Y570 (47CNxxWW) Whitelist Removal
can you again add bios files. url doesnt work
find
Hi Guys,

I saw here in a lot of forum threads where you posted infos about Lenovo Y570 mods and I've got few question it about.

My laptop is a Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 with i7-2670QM CPU, 8 GB Ram, GeForce GT 555M and still with the original v2.08 (47CN30WW) BIOS. The OS is Windows 10 Pro.
If I would like to use a Bluetooth 4.0 (or above) feature, I think I have to upgrade my WLAN card. And if I know it right, I will need a whitelist deleted BIOS for this...
  • Which is the most stable version (v2.08 / v2.10 / v2.12)?
  • Can somebody send me a NWL or a NWL & Unlocked (extra menus) version, please?
  • For using a Dual-Band card have I pull out the original Bluetooth card?
Thanks for your help!

---------------------------------------- UPDATE 1 >> 09/01/2017 ---------------------------------------

After 2 weeks of waiting I didn't get any info Sad I wanna set the full BIOS (BIOS & EC version too) as updated as I can (find) so... 
I started with an original BIOS file from bearfight's post: I updated the BIOS version to 2.10 (47CN32WW) and the EC version to 2.10 (47EC32WW)
After this I made an update again with the BIOS file from Serg008's post: BIOS version to 2.12 (47CN34WW) with the No White List modification.

I'm still waiting to my Intel AC 7260 867Mbps Mini PCI WiFi Adapter...

---------------------------------------- UPDATE 2 >> 12/01/2017 ---------------------------------------

Finally I got the dual band card! Smile Intel Dual-Band AC 7260 (HMWWB.R 867Mbps Mini PCI WiFi Adapter) IDs:
  • PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B1&SUBSYS_40708086&REV_BB
  • PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B1&SUBSYS_40708086
  • PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B1&CC_028000
  • PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B1&CC_0280
But before I put it into my laptop I disabled the Generic Bluetooth Adapter in the Device Manager. When the Intel AC 7260 was in its place the Windows 10 Pro immediately recognised the hardware and installed the drivers. It looked like this:
  • WLAN driver version: 17.15.0.5 (22.02.2015.)
  • BT driver version: 19.11.1639.649 (29.09.2016.)
And then something went wrong: WLAN was good, but the BT didn't want to do the same. So I restarted the OS, and now everything worked properly... for a while... I had to realised that I've got boot lag and the OS constantly (every 5-10 minutes) drop off the Bluetooth and sometimes the WLAN too. It took only for a half second (disconnected and then connected), but believe me it's annoying.

So first I downloaded the latest Windows 10 drivers from the Intel's site and after that in the Device Manager I removed everything under the Bluetooth and WLAN and then of course the newer drivers came. After everything it looked like this:
  • WLAN driver version: 18.33.5.1 (09.10.2016)
  • BT driver version: 19.30.1646.853 (14.11.2016.)
But my problem is almost the same. The Bluetooth still drop off for a half second (but not constantly, only) if I use the following (bolded) buttons:
  • nVIDIA GPU switch
  • Mute sound volume button
  • Decrease sound volume button
  • Increase sound volume button
  • OneKey Theatre button
  • Thermal Management button
  • Fn + Esc: Turn on/off the integrated camera.
  • Fn + F1: Enter sleep mode.
  • Fn + F2: Turn on/off the backlight of the LCD screen.
  • Fn + F3: Open the interface for the display device switch to select this notebook or an external display.
  • Fn + F4: Open the interface for display resolution settings.
  • Fn + F5: Open the interface for integrated wireless devices settings (on/off).
  • Fn + F6: Enable/Disable the touchpad.
  • Fn + F9: Start/Pause playback of Windows Media Player.
  • Fn + F10: Stop playback of Windows Media Player.
  • Fn + F11: Skip to the previous track.
  • Fn + F12: Skip to the next track.
  • Fn + PrtSc: Activate the system request.
  • Fn + Insert: Enable/Disable the scroll lock.
  • Fn + Home: Activate the pause function.
  • Fn + End: Activate the break function.
  • Fn + ↑ / ↓: Increase/Decrease display brightness.
  • Fn + → / ←: Increase/Decrease sound volume.
And unfortunatelly I've got boot lag too (from the beginning) with these times:
  • 0:00 - BIOS logo appears
  • 0:06 - Black Screen
  • 0:28 - Windows 10 logo
  • 1:07 - Windows 10 logo + Loading icon
  • 1:33 - Windows 10 login screen
...so finally I can use my Microsoft Designer Mouse (works on or above Bluetooth 4.0) if it's not disconnected  Confused

---------------------------------------- UPDATE 3 >> 25/01/2017 >> THE FINAL SOLUTON ---------------------------------------

Previously I read that some of the laptops not fully supporting the AC 7260 card, so without a physical WiFi button the wifi and/or th Bluetooth doesn't work for them... But they can solve it with a very simple way! Just cover the pin 20 and/or pin 51 with tape like this:
[Image: LenovoIdeaPadZ580_Intel7260_20150409-1839_2_thumb.jpg] [Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
Most of the forum posts offered to cover only the pin 51 so I made a try... Aaaand it works! Smile
For the first look everything works properly! Finally I can use all of my Function buttons (Fn), the nVIDIA GPU switch, OneKey Theatre button, Thermal Management button and my boot lag is dissapeared and it looks like this:
  • 0:00 - BIOS logo appears
  • 0:01 - Black Screen
  • 0:03 - Windows 10 logo
  • 0:06 - Windows 10 logo + Loading icon
  • 0:26 - Windows 10 login screen
After a lot of reading forum threads and worrying, I can rest a bit and finally I'm happy! Big Grin  Tongue Cool

---------------------------------------- ATTACHED FILES FOR BIOS UPDATE----------------------------------------

Because it was hard to find a still working link to all of these files, I attached them for those who will need them in the future. 2 original BIOS, 2 modded BIOS and 1 flasher utility. The Insyde Flash x64 comes with the original 2.08 BIOS file, but if you wanna update your system, before you run InsydeFlashx64.exe just open the platform.ini file and change the filename in line 56:
Code:
[FDFile]
FileName=IQY0208A.bin

PS: Tested on Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 but as I read somewhere these BIOS files have to be good for Y470 too. Of course only at your own risk!

Attached Files
.zip   Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 (v2.08) IQY0208A - 47CN30WW - ORIG.zip (Size: 1.58 MB / Downloads: 276)
.zip   Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 (v2.10) IQY0210A - 47CN32WW - ORIG.zip (Size: 1.58 MB / Downloads: 326)
.zip   Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 (v2.12) IQY0212A - 47CN34WW - NWL.zip (Size: 1.12 MB / Downloads: 339)
.zip   Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 (v2.12) IQY0212A - 47CN34WW - NWL UlkMenus.zip (Size: 1.13 MB / Downloads: 588)
.zip   Insyde_Flash_x64.zip (Size: 4.33 MB / Downloads: 551)
find
Hi I am upgrading my Y570 as well. I noticed in the documents attached there are quite a few bios versions. Were these for different windows versions or something?
find
(01-23-2017, 11:53 AM)DavoOHno Wrote: Hi I am upgrading my Y570 as well. I noticed in the documents attached there are quite a few bios versions. Were these for different windows versions or something?

Hi,

As I wrote I attached 5 files: 2 original BIOS (it means there are no modifications), and 2 modded BIOS, and plus the BIOS flasher utility.

The 2 original BIOS files are good if you wanna update your Y570 or if you already modded it but you change your mind and you wanna do a roll-back. I don't know what is the difference between the 2 original BIOS files (except their version numbers). Usually the newest is better but if you want just try to search their change log.

The 2 modded BIOS files are coming with the latest BIOS version (v2.12). One of them is coming with No White List (*.NWL.zip) and the other one with White List and with some extra (unlocked) BIOS menus (*.NWL UlkMenus.zip). No White List (or deleted, or cleared, or removed) means the modder person deleted the blocking, so you can use a not authorized (not permitted) device by Lenovo in your laptop like a new bual-band WLAN card (to upgrade your WiFi to 5Ghz and your Bluetooth to 4.0). The extra (unlocked) BIOS menus are good if you are an expert and you wanna tweak your laptop.

The Insyde Flash x64 utility is for using (flash / upload) the selected BIOS file above. It comes with the original 2.08 BIOS file, so if you wanna update your system with the original v2.10 or with a modded BIOS, you need to do the followings:
  1. Download the "Insyde_Flash_x64.zip" file and UnZip it to somewhere
  2. Find and delete the "IQY0208A.bin" file
  3. Download the selected BIOS file and UnZip it to the "Insyde_Flash_x64" folder
  4. Open the "platform.ini" with a text editor (like Notepad)
  5. Find the following content in line 56: FileName=IQY0208A.bin
  6. Change the filename to the new BIOS's name, like this: FileName=IQY0212A.bin
  7. Run the "InsydeFlashx64.exe" file
find
Help. When i run the insydeflashx64 laptop hangs, it helps reboot, what could be wrong? Who had such a problem help me..
find
Wink 
I was a little worried updating my BIOS on my main PC (still Y570!). However, it worked, my new WLAN card (Intel 6200) works like a charm. Thanks!
I also made a small donation by PayPal Wink
find
Then it is possible for my laptop remove the white list
-Motherboard Manufacturer and Model : Lenovo Y570 (20091)
-Bios Revision : 47CN28WW(v2.06)
-Bios Type : Insyde H20 (Rev.3.5)
-Bios backup : https://yadi.sk/d/Y-cfLAWhbGP1mw
find
Like maraks, I'm still using my kinda oldish Y570-Notebook and upgraded to an Intel 7260-WifiCard like 3 years ago. I encountered similiar problems with lagging BIOS, slow boot and such. The WifiCard worked for quite a while w/o problems, but lately I got random Wifi-Disconnects with errors pointing to electrical problems under Linux (RTNETLINK: Input/Output error). I plugged in my old WifiCard (Broadcom 1000?) and the problems were gone. I covered the Pin 51 of the Intel 7260 with tape but that also didn't worked. Like other users wrote on different threads, the Whitelisting isn't the problem, but the lagging BIOS/Boot and lately newer Drivers/Kernels breaking the cards for some reason. One user wrote the SandyBridge-CPU's can't handle the speed of those cards - doubt(x). I searched for older cards like Intel 6250, which are officially supported. (Manual) Most of these cards aren't even available anymore and if so, they're overpriced. The 7260 i.e. is sold way more often these days and can have bandwidths up to 867 MBit/s - and u want those speeds if you have samba-shares.

So here comes a potential solution to this problem (tested for 2 days now, without disconnects, no BIOS lag, fast boot):
- make sure you've one of the BIOS(es) with disabled Whitelisting (I'm using 2.10)
- remove the TV-Card and plug-in the i.e. 7260 (make sure the card is fixed at its position and plug-in the antenna-cable of the TV-Card)
- plug in your old wifi-card in the wifi-cards slot (BM1000 or such)
- disable Wireless LAN in BIOS
- have fun

If you want to, you could also try to attach the 2 antenna-cables of the standard-wifi-slot to the slot of the TV-Card - you have to open your notebook completely, remove keyboard and such, to be able to. I'm not sure if all Y570 have such slot for a TV-Card (Mini-PCIe), but since I never needed this card, it isn't a problem for me to remove the TV-Card. For some reason my notebook doesn't boot normally anymore, if I don't plug in the Broadcom-Card. I could only guess, that besides whitelisting, the BIOS checks the Wifi-Cards for its generation/speed/whatever, fails to block and then lags like [censored].

P.S.: If you use the switch on your notebook to disable the wireless-devices, it will also deactivate the TV-Card-Slot. Finally no more fear to reboot!
find
UPDATE: You don't even need to plug in your old Wifi-Card, it is enough to plug in your "new" Wifi-Card into the TV Card-Slot. If your laptop gets stuck at boot it may be due to overheating issues - clean your fans, add new thermal paste and clean the rest, maybe use a cooling-board. Search for videos on YT on how to open your notebook-case and hopefully not breaking it. DON'T try to pull out the keyboard with force! The keyboard is attached with one s c r e w (censoring here is awful) from the bottom, which has to be removed first!

A little anecdote: While I were cleaning mine I noticed, that I broke the screws of the hinges (for the display) out. I think this is a common problem for almost all notebooks if you open em to many times and especially this notebook isn't easy to clean, since you have to disassemble it completely besides the display. I attached new thermal paste to cpu, gpu (which is broken for a long time now) and even chipset. (chipset is only covered with a small metal-plate and attached with 2 screws) Since I wasn't able to fixate the hinges I searched for some longer screws and drove em right through the case - yeah ugly, but it works. Now it isn't easily possible for me to clean the notebook again, but at least the display isn't wobbling around or breaking the case finally. While I were at it, I rearranged the antennas, so they're accessable inside the TV Card-Bay. If you're good at soldering you could also cut the wire and make it longer, but I didn't wanted to bother with this any longer. The antenna-cables are going right through the dvd drive-bay and should be long enough to attach them to the Wifi-Card. If you're on linux and you're still getting the mysterious "RTNETLINK: Input/Output Error" check if you've dhcpcd and NetworkManager running at the same time. (this should NOT be the case https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=219571). If you still have problems try to deactivate something like hcmd (I forgot the name) - just read through your dmesg and find out if this driver-module causes these probs. And last but not least if this also doesn't help, try to set the power-settings for NM differently.

I'm still wondering why no one ever tried to plug in the Wifi-Card into the TV Card-Slot. You probably wouldn't even need to update your BIOS - not tested btw. All other issues with boot-fails are probably related to broken bootloader, overheating or misseated components. If you're about to buy a new Wifi-Card now, maybe choose one that fits in the TV Card-Buy (no half-size huh) and good luck - no guarantee.

All in all I hope I could help some people coming back after so much years pulling out their hairs and maybe this explanation will help you too enjoying fast boot again.
find
(11-18-2018, 11:24 AM)underSCORE Wrote: UPDATE: You don't even need to plug in your old Wifi-Card, it is enough to plug in your "new" Wifi-Card into the TV Card-Slot. ...

I'm still wondering why no one ever tried to plug in the Wifi-Card into the TV Card-Slot. You probably wouldn't even need to update your BIOS - not tested btw. All other issues with boot-fails are probably related to broken bootloader, overheating or misseated components. If you're about to buy a new Wifi-Card now, maybe choose one that fits in the TV Card-Buy (no half-size huh) and good luck - no guarantee.

All in all I hope I could help some people coming back after so much years pulling out their hairs and maybe this explanation will help you too enjoying fast boot again.

First I think using the Mini PCI-E slot is not the best solution, because it's a quite good place to upgrage your laptop with mSATA SSD!

Second, the BIOS update is not about hacking the WLAN port... The BIOS update is necessary for disable the laptop main White List feature. No White List (or deleted, or cleared, or removed) means the modder person deleted the blocking, so you can use a not authorized (not permitted) device by Lenovo in your laptop like a new bual-band WLAN card.

Previously I wrote a quite long post about the BIOS update, boot-lag, the solution how to fix it, and I attached every necessary files for it. Just follow the steps and it will works proper.
Or here is the shorter version Big Grin
  • BIOS update to No White List BIOS version
  • Cover the pin 20 and/or pin 51 with tape on the AC 7260 card
  • Plug in the new AC 7260 card to the normal WLAN slot
Sometimes it's enough to cover the pin 20 or 51, but for me the solution was the AND... So I have to cover the pin 20 and 51 too.
find