Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.61 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 812
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108110
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1318
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3545
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9224
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8774
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14374
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 253
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425700
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3850
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 542
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 336
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 730
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119731
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 392
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7006
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310656
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62242

[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS Unlock
(01-11-2017, 09:50 PM)sixmoose Wrote: Hi all,

I was hoping to get a modified bios that unlocks the advanced menu (hopefully so I can overclock the gpu and cpu), removes the wlan whitelist, and allows me to edit the thermal configuration (my fan is always running, no matter how low the temperature gets).
Hi
Your mod completed, read PM
find
quote
Sorry that I'm such a noob but I'm using a y50-70 and my laptop can get to 95-100C whilst playing games. I can put it on books and get ~86C but I still want to be able to clock my fan speeds up a bit.

I've already sent it in to Lenovo once and they did nothing Sad

How can I backup and get a mod for my BIOS so I can increase the fan speeds.

Thanks.

EDIT: After a bit of poking around I tried to back it up: http://www.mediafire.com/file/97tz2m906u....03%29.rom

Do I need to post more or would that be enough?
find
quote
(01-15-2017, 03:24 PM)mailman000 Wrote: Sorry that I'm such a noob but I'm using a y50-70 and my laptop can get to 95-100C whilst playing games. I can put it on books and get ~86C but I still want to be able to clock my fan speeds up a bit.

I've already sent it in to Lenovo once and they did nothing Sad

How can I backup and get a mod for my BIOS so I can increase the fan speeds.

Thanks.
Hi
http://rgho.st/8nbZJLBpb
read README
find
quote
(01-15-2017, 03:44 PM)Dudu2002 Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 03:24 PM)mailman000 Wrote: Sorry that I'm such a noob but I'm using a y50-70 and my laptop can get to 95-100C whilst playing games. I can put it on books and get ~86C but I still want to be able to clock my fan speeds up a bit.

I've already sent it in to Lenovo once and they did nothing Sad

How can I backup and get a mod for my BIOS so I can increase the fan speeds.

Thanks.
Hi
http://rgho.st/8nbZJLBpb
read README

Trying to downgrade the BIOS shows: http://prntscr.com/dw1z5z

Any way to bypass that?

EDIT: Nevermind looks like I have to flash it

How and which file should I flash to get to 1.14?

EDIT2: Nevermind again using BIOSVFEnable=0 works
find
quote
(01-15-2017, 04:06 PM)mailman000 Wrote: Trying to downgrade the BIOS shows: http://prntscr.com/dw1z5z

Any way to bypass that?
in bios : configuration -> BIOS Back Flash -> enabled
P.S. read README!
find
quote
(01-15-2017, 04:35 PM)Dudu2002 Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 04:06 PM)mailman000 Wrote: Trying to downgrade the BIOS shows: http://prntscr.com/dw1z5z

Any way to bypass that?
in bios : configuration -> BIOS Back Flash -> enabled
P.S. read README!

Thank you so much!
I can finally control my fan speeds properly!
find
quote
Hi,

It would be the best if somebody can unlock those hidden menu and remove the whitelist from the BIOS v3.03.
Hier is the link of the original BIOS: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mob...cn43ww.exe
And my BIOS back up file ( I use BIOS back up toolkit 2.0 ): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3TYJX...WRMVGkzSzQ.

Thanks in advanced.
best regard.
Nguyen.


Attached Files
.zip   MyBackup.zip (Size: 2.28 MB / Downloads: 1)
find
quote
(01-18-2017, 01:12 PM)HaNguyen Wrote: Hi,

It would be the best if somebody can unlock those hidden menu and remove the whitelist from the BIOS v3.03.
Hier is the link of the original BIOS: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mob...cn43ww.exe

Thanks in advanced.
best regard.
Nguyen.
Hi
Your mod completed, read PM
find
quote
Hi!

Please, could You unlock my video bios of gtx960m ? i need to lower voltage to cool down gpu in games Smile
Also i would like to check what interesting options are available in unlocked advanced menus in bios Smile

Official Lenovo BIOS: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mob...cn44ww.exe
My Backup BIOS: https://www.sendspace.com/file/0as4hf (y70-70, bios is the same as y50-70)

Thanks in advance!

PS. If it is possible can You give me some kind of tutorial or advice on how to unlock features on my own?
find
quote
Hi, can you please mod my Y50-70 touch bios? When flashing the one you provide should I downgrade and flash yours?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4KEaKc...sp=sharing

Thanks
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 26 Guest(s)