Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108049
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3541
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9216
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8767
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14363
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425651
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 535
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227609
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119723
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7000
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310595
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62225

[REQUEST] Pegatron M2N68-LA/HP Ivy8-GL6: BIOS Unlock
#1
Exclamation 
Hi, I have a Compaq Presario SR5505F, and the motherboard is an ASUS M2N68-LA (IVY8). Look at the specifications below.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=de&cc=de&docname=c01237548#N31

So anyway, I was hoping you could un-cripple the BIOS since HP wanted to be such a douche and cripple the BIOS, thereby rendering my discrete graphics card (Evga GT 430) nonfunctional. It's not the graphics card by the way, it works. Its just that the BIOS locked the PCI-E slot from recognizing ANY PCI-E devices. I tried everything in the BIOS; changing primary graphics from onboard to PCI-E did not help at all.

Also, I noticed that it was possible to actually overclock my processor by using NVidia's nTune program. However, it is very inconvenient because I have to set the FSB every time manually whenever I want my computer to get a performance boost. NVidia's autostart overclocking does not work successfully every time; half of the time I get BSOD and I have so restart my computer from that. I would appreciate if you could manage to unlock these overclocking settings, and will possibly donate $20-30 via PayPal if successful.

The BIOS file is located at: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-66759-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=2093&product=3740345&sw_lang=

And the file name is "sp40913.exe."

Thank you, and I appreciate and support all of your efforts to unlock the true potential of OEM computers. Have a nice day!


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#2
Normally , any overclocking options don`t work on notebook`s bioses .
also , the pcie mode is a register mode not unlocking hidden options sothat i can`t do it .


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#3
It's a desktop...Forget what I said about the PCI-E slot; just needed a new PSU to supply enough power to the gfx card.

Try unlocking overclock options instead.
find
quote
#4
BUMP
BUMP
BUMP
find
quote
#5
Hi there.

Like the title says, I'm looking for an unlocked BIOS for the M2N68-LA.
Mobo link here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01237548

I tried the Abit modded BIOS that worked for many other HP boards (I forgot the name, but the md5sum is 52b384b53f452213f67fb45764a5d18f, included in the attachment), and...it worked, at least for a little while: I flashed it via DOS, from stock BIOS, and got a BIOS checksum mismatch on the next reboot. I was able to access the Abit BIOS and I hit the "Load Optimized Defaults," just to be safe. On the next boot, I got continuous beeping--my motherboard was borked...

Come 2 days ago, I received my Raspberry Pi B+ and GPIO dupont cables. I was back in business.
Got the stock BIOS restored within 2 minutes or so thanks to the SPI headers present onboard and on the Rpi, and thanks to the "flashrom" software.

So far, I've borked my motherboard a few more times, and revived it a few more times, checking BIOSes that are from Asus's main website that are for the 6150se nForce 430 chipset. No success...

Would anyone like to offer me BIOSes to test out that would possibly work on the M2N68-LA IVY8, or give me pointers on how to mod the BIOS on my own? Like I said, I can reflash the BIOS if it doesn't work, so please don't hesitate Big Grin

Note: Ivy514.BIN is the stock BIOS. abitmod.BIN is the modded BIOS that partially worked.


Attached Files
.bin   Ivy514.BIN (Size: 512 KB / Downloads: 6)
.bin   abitmod.BIN (Size: 512 KB / Downloads: 5)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)