Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6372
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14012
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424505
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3627
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 296
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 317
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224650
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6794
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 419
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309757
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61977
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 631
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20287
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169388
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6360
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 835

[REQUEST] Shuttle DH370 | Bios unlock + remove M.2 whitelist
#1
Rainbow 
Hello folks!

I'm using a Shuttle DH370 with an eEGPU setup through the m.2 port (ADT-Link R43SG), this motherboard is like a laptop motherboard with SODIMMs ram. Normally the GPU should appear in the device manager but it's not detected at all. 

It seems to be caused by a whitelist of the bios on the m.2 port motherboard.

I can provide dump bios if required, but added official bios attachment beneath.

Kindly asking if someone can help me...
find
quote
#2
Hi~
R43SG should be support for m.2 nvme slot ,do you ever try install it on m.2 2280 slot??
https://images2.imgbox.com/e6/7c/bNuKhp9l_o.jpg

find
quote
#3
(08-08-2020, 01:11 AM)genius239 Wrote: Hi~
R43SG should be support for m.2 nvme slot ,do you ever try install it on m.2 2280 slot??
https://images2.imgbox.com/e6/7c/bNuKhp9l_o.jpg

Hihi! Yes, it is installed on the M.2 2280 slot, everything is set as required, GPU fan are running on the R43SG, leds are on, connection is properly made etc...
The GPU is not detected in the device manager... I don't understand why... Someone from eGPU.io told me it could be a whitelist coming from the bios and give me link to this forum.
Could it be a whitelist? Thank you, kindly.
find
quote
#4
(08-08-2020, 05:20 AM),bobyteal Wrote:
(08-08-2020, 01:11 AM)genius239 Wrote: Hi~
R43SG should be support for m.2 nvme slot ,do you ever try install it on m.2 2280 slot??
https://images2.imgbox.com/e6/7c/bNuKhp9l_o.jpg

Hihi! Yes, it is installed on the M.2 2280 slot, everything is set as required, GPU fan are running on the R43SG, leds are on, connection is properly made etc...
The GPU is not detected in the device manager... I don't understand why... Someone from eGPU.io told me it could be a whitelist coming from the bios and give me link to this forum.
Could it be a whitelist? Thank you, kindly.

I feel it's not a restriction of whitelist or blacklist.
If you install a wifi card on laptop of lenovo or hp ,i'm sure it has wifi card whitelist ,but now you installed it on a normal 2280 slot...??

eGPU.io can't solve your problem??

find
quote
#5
I totally agree it seems weird that the 2280 slot would be whitelisted as it's not a wifi port, but this is the only possibility that I'm aware...
On eGPU.io, they are some users that encounter this kind of problem with M.2 2280 slot, they have a guide that I followed but didn't work for me, some systems react differently, my problem is very similar to this guy:
https://egpu.io/forums/expresscard-mpcie...rce-error/

On his Alienware model, the device manager didn't detect the GPU through the m.2 2280 slot at first, he found a solution by hotplugging a PCIe SSD on the R43SG that was instantly recognized and then hot-swapped the PCIe SSD with the GPU to bring recognition to it and it worked. 
It appears to me he had his 2280 slot whitelisted, otherwise his device manager would have recognized directly the GPU and not only the PCIe SSD by default (considering storage worked instantly but not the GPU at first). At least this is what I'm thinking.

I don't have a PCIe SSD to test the hotswap method, so someone told me it could be probably done through removing whitelist or something, I'm not sure if he is right but let me know what you think...
find
quote
#6
UPDATE: 
I have also another full desktop computer with a M.2 port. I took the R43SG and the GPU on it with me and tried to make it work with that other computer to see if something was wrong with it, and it worked instantly, GPU was recognized in device manager without a problem.

I'm really thinking there is a whitelisting going on the Shuttle DH370 bios, I can't see any other reason why it wouldn't work now...
find
quote
#7
(08-08-2020, 02:02 PM)bobyteal Wrote: UPDATE: 
I have also another full desktop computer with a M.2 port. I took the R43SG and the GPU on it with me and tried to make it work with that other computer to see if something was wrong with it, and it worked instantly, GPU was recognized in device manager without a problem.

I'm really thinking there is a whitelisting going on the Shuttle DH370 bios, I can't see any other reason why it wouldn't work now...

No any idea to remove blacklist that you said in bios.

find
quote
#8
Thanks for trying, will send it back and pick another model, this one seems problematic for eGPU build.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)