Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
Today 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 6681
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6442
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14077
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 149
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424646
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3674
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 345
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 243
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 368
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225163
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119239
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 311
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6834
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 459
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309914
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62031
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 677
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20338
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169496
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6423

[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series (R0xx0Z9) BIOS Unlock
(01-05-2017, 12:54 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Do you know how to install OS in UEFI mode?
Please make photos of all pages in BIOS.
Show screenshots with a content of that USB flash.

I don't know how to install the OS in UEFI mode off the top of my head, but I'm sure I can look up a guide and do so if you need me to.  Last month, Dudu2002 helped me unlock some functions of my bios, but none that would specifically help with cpu controls or power management. If you want that modified bios file, please let me know. He/she was not able to unlock the features in the hidden Power menu, specifically "advanced cpu control" "platform power management" and "break event"

I originally used the same EP0000268721.exe file to my flash my bios after the i7-2860qm was installed. Attached is my original, unmodified bios rom file that was extracted using Universal Bios Backup Toolkit2.0. And this is the link to the DUMP folder that came from it as well: http://rgho.st/7N57mcn84

Sorry for the long explanation.  Here are my current bios pages and usb flash content screenshots and the error messages.


Attached Files
.rom   INSYDE-R0200Z9-myoriginalbios.rom (Size: 2 MB / Downloads: 14)
.zip   biosscreenshots.zip (Size: 1.17 MB / Downloads: 17)
.zip   usbflashscreenshots.zip (Size: 697.13 KB / Downloads: 13)
find
quote
OK.
Insert that USB flash in laptop. Boot up and enter in BIOS.
Make EFI the first item in Boot Priority. Make a photo of result.
Make a photo of content of submenu EFI.
Save and reboot.
Does it boot from USB?
If it doesn't then reboot and press <F11> for boot menu. Make a photo of the list.
P.S. Files NSYDE-R0200Z9-myoriginalbios.rom and INSYDE-R0200Z9.rom (from first post) are the same.
find
quote
ambientnoiz
I saw you online, but you didn't answer.
Do you still need to solve this problem?
find
quote
(01-15-2017, 09:23 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: ambientnoiz
I saw you online, but you didn't answer.
Do you still need to solve this problem?

Hi sorry for the late response, been really busy with work and study.  I'm having the same issue as before. The flash drive won't boot; I'm guessing it's because my OS was installed as non-uefi firmware? In any case, I've been trying to figure out how to manually change a specific hidden setting: Turbo PWR MSR Lock (to Disabled), instead of trying to un-hide every setting that is still hidden.  Maybe you could help? 

This is what I know so far, the setting's (turbo pwr msr lock) variable id and it's offset.  Not sure how to find out what the value is (or the value for any other variable id for that matter), and not sure how to use a hex editor to change the value for some particular setting.  I was reading some guide that used a "efi variable dumper" to check for those values, but I could not find that online to download. Or maybe there's another program that can give me that information? 

I'm thinking if I can disable the MSR Lock setting, then I can change the TDP in throttlestop so I can reach the max multiplier of my cpu.
find
quote
Try to flash my mod.
Go to BIOS and do Load Defaults. Save and reboot. Then make new BIOS dump.
find
quote
(01-17-2017, 11:13 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Try to flash my mod.
Go to BIOS and do Load Defaults. Save and reboot. Then make new BIOS dump.

Thank you for the modified bios, DeathBringer.  It unlocked the Package Power Long/Short options in the TPL window in Throttlestop.  However, even by changing values in that box, the multiplier did not change under load. Attached are two pics showing this. But soon after, I found out what the problem was!

I ended up reading a ton of threads across many websites, and was starting to feel a sense of despair, expecting to look forward to many trial and error hex edits and brick recoveries to figure it out.  Somewhere along the way, I was reading about how certain disabled/enabled c-states (specifically C6) would prevent turbo boost function, and ended up on the topic of core parking.  I checked windows resource monitor, and it looked like none of my cpu cores were parked at idle! So I unhid the windows power option for "Processor performance core parking min cores" in regedit (see attached), set it so that a few cores would park at idle, and boom, unlocked 36x multiplier (tested with hyper-pi using 1 processor).  With all 8 cores/threads stressed, the multiplier runs at 28x.  It all makes sense now.

Also attached is my semi-unlocked bios (Without "turbo pwr msr lock" set to disabled), many thanks to Dudu2002. It has most of the advanced and boot options unlocked, but no cpu control or power management settings. DeathBringer, will you please modify this file too so that it also has the "Turbo pwr MSR lock" set to Disabled by default, or perhaps even teach me how to modify the correct hex values so I can do it on my own, I could maybe set or unlock more settings for this bios and post it here for other people to use as well! I am grateful for your assistance through this tedious journey.  Please tell me your paypal or btc address, I would like to donate to you as well.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
               

.rom   VPCEH14FM-semiunlockedbios.rom (Size: 2 MB / Downloads: 24)
find
quote
I do only CPU support mods for free.
find
quote
hello,
any way you can help me unlock the bios to show the advanced settings. I have a problem with my wifi and need to check if it is active in the bios.

make : sony vaio VPCEJ1J1E
bios : INSYDEH20 REV 3.5
bios ver : R0200Z9

link : https://www.sony.de/support/de/content/c.../VPCEJ1J1E

[attachment=12182]
find
quote
Please, I want to turn off hyper threading but there's no option there even though the bios is updated to the last version. I don't find the .ROM thing in the support site (However, thanks to dudu2002, I extracted and attached it).
It's an Insydeh20 bios version 3.60.51R0200Z9
find
quote
(04-25-2017, 10:29 AM)adawy Wrote: Please, I want to turn off hyper threading but there's no option there even though the bios is updated to the last version. I don't find the .ROM thing in the support site.
It's an Insydeh20 bios version 3.60.51R0200Z9
Hi
run tools https://www.sendspace.com/file/vftkc3 , make bios damp and report
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)