Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 800
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108066
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9217
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8769
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14366
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425668
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227671
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 390
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7002
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310615
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62229

[REQUEST] Unlock + Help recovery HP pavillion DV7-4010sl
#1
Hi,
Trying to deactivate the hybrid graphic cards, I messed up with the BIOS.
I downloaded and succesfully applied the bios from sp55299_AdvancedMenu_ByCamiloml, but after making a change inside the graphic card options, the laptod bricked. It actually booted once and looked fine, and from then it never booted again.
I'm trying to use the recovery bios trick (bios should be insyde) but with no success.
Here is what I tried:
- 2gb pendrive formatted as fat16
- pendrive labele as HP_TOOLS
- unpacked on the pendrive the hewlett-packard archive to get the correct directory structure

I then placed the file 01449.bin from the original SP55299 file from hp in the current and new folder (i tried also with current and previous) in the pendrive, but it's not working. I used the standard procedure (no battery, insert pendrive, press win b, connect ac adapter, switch on).

I read that some people used andy's tool to decrypt the bin file and produce a sig file. I wasn't able to do this (sorry!)

Any advice on how to recover the bios and optionally keep the unlocked menu? I'm aware of the rsa signing stuff, but since I found the file in the bios mod section I thought it was ok.

The original SP55299 file is the one from: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55299.exe

Any help, advice?
Thank you very much in advance!
find
quote
#2
(03-03-2012, 09:42 AM)mikescandy Wrote: Hi,
Trying to deactivate the hybrid graphic cards, I messed up with the BIOS.
I downloaded and succesfully applied the bios from sp55299_AdvancedMenu_ByCamiloml, but after making a change inside the graphic card options, the laptod bricked. It actually booted once and looked fine, and from then it never booted again.
I'm trying to use the recovery bios trick (bios should be insyde) but with no success.
Here is what I tried:
- 2gb pendrive formatted as fat16
- pendrive labele as HP_TOOLS
- unpacked on the pendrive the hewlett-packard archive to get the correct directory structure

I then placed the file 01449.bin from the original SP55299 file from hp in the current and new folder (i tried also with current and previous) in the pendrive, but it's not working. I used the standard procedure (no battery, insert pendrive, press win b, connect ac adapter, switch on).

I read that some people used andy's tool to decrypt the bin file and produce a sig file. I wasn't able to do this (sorry!)

Any advice on how to recover the bios and optionally keep the unlocked menu? I'm aware of the rsa signing stuff, but since I found the file in the bios mod section I thought it was ok.

The original SP55299 file is the one from: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55299.exe

Any help, advice?
Thank you very much in advance!

I've found solution for you, yesterday I had finished recovering of my HP Pavilion dv7-4120er (XE276EA) after switching graphics mode from Hybrid to dGPU. Please let me know in a reply if you still need to recover your BIOS
find
quote
#3
Hi Guys

I need a modded bios sp55299 that has the advance menu to activate ahci. I have hp dv7-4073ca. Would someone kindly share your modified bios with me please? I am learning about bios newbie style and not confident to modify my own. I would like to donate if someone can help get stable bios. Thanks heaps in advance. Blush Wink
find
quote
#4
(03-01-2014, 05:43 PM)viewer2008 Wrote: Hi Guys

I need a modded bios sp55299 that has the advance menu to activate ahci. I have hp dv7-4073ca. Would someone kindly share your modified bios with me please? I am learning about bios newbie style and not confident to modify my own. I would like to donate if someone can help get stable bios. Thanks heaps in advance. Blush Wink

You can find a modded version here with the Advanced tab unlocked. Enjoy Big Grin

As I recall, the default disk type is already AHCI for those bios though. And if you want to donate, that'd be cool Smile
find
quote
#5
Thanks. Just donated and would like to do so again. Please keep up the good work. Wink
find
quote
#6
(02-25-2014, 01:15 PM)slackshot Wrote:
(03-03-2012, 09:42 AM)mikescandy Wrote: Hi,
Trying to deactivate the hybrid graphic cards, I messed up with the BIOS.
I downloaded and succesfully applied the bios from sp55299_AdvancedMenu_ByCamiloml, but after making a change inside the graphic card options, the laptod bricked. It actually booted once and looked fine, and from then it never booted again.
I'm trying to use the recovery bios trick (bios should be insyde) but with no success.
Here is what I tried:
- 2gb pendrive formatted as fat16
- pendrive labele as HP_TOOLS
- unpacked on the pendrive the hewlett-packard archive to get the correct directory structure

I then placed the file 01449.bin from the original SP55299 file from hp in the current and new folder (i tried also with current and previous) in the pendrive, but it's not working. I used the standard procedure (no battery, insert pendrive, press win b, connect ac adapter, switch on).

I read that some people used andy's tool to decrypt the bin file and produce a sig file. I wasn't able to do this (sorry!)

Any advice on how to recover the bios and optionally keep the unlocked menu? I'm aware of the rsa signing stuff, but since I found the file in the bios mod section I thought it was ok.

The original SP55299 file is the one from: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55299.exe

Any help, advice?
Thank you very much in advance!

I've found solution for you, yesterday I had finished recovering of my HP Pavilion dv7-4120er (XE276EA) after switching graphics mode from Hybrid to dGPU. Please let me know in a reply if you still need to recover your BIOS

hey, just read this.I'd love to hear your solution!!!!
let me know
find
quote
#7
(03-02-2014, 03:57 AM)donovan6000 Wrote:
(03-01-2014, 05:43 PM)viewer2008 Wrote: Hi Guys

I need a modded bios sp55299 that has the advance menu to activate ahci. I have hp dv7-4073ca. Would someone kindly share your modified bios with me please? I am learning about bios newbie style and not confident to modify my own. I would like to donate if someone can help get stable bios. Thanks heaps in advance. Blush Wink

You can find a modded version here with the Advanced tab unlocked. Enjoy Big Grin

As I recall, the default disk type is already AHCI for those bios though. And if you want to donate, that'd be cool Smile

@donovan6000

Hi.  It's now a couple of years later & I don't know if you're still around.  I happened to find this, & your work here really helped me.  I'd like to donate, but the contact link on your website seems to be dead / abandoned.  If you ever see this, please give us an updated link to your current paypal so we can still send donations your way.  I really don't want to send money into a black hole void.  Thanks.   Smile
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)