Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[Request] Acer Aspire Z1620 (h61h aio v1...
Last Post: spingernexx
Today 06:09 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 73
[REQUEST] Lenovo G505 (82CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: khaos
Today 04:15 PM
» Replies: 155
» Views: 55077
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: FCR28
Today 10:59 AM
» Replies: 1971
» Views: 660866
Asus Prime b250m plus, RAM compatibility
Last Post: Slayery777
Today 06:23 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Request Clevo W230...
Last Post: happycrazyman
Yesterday 03:53 PM
» Views: 81
Rog Strix B650E-F BIOS File Extraction
Last Post: panmetrix24
Yesterday 11:25 AM
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Pipo89
Yesterday 06:47 AM
» Replies: 236
» Views: 69519
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: onetapxdf
Yesterday 03:37 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1335
[REQUEST] Lenovo G400S (7BCNxxWW) Whitel...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 03:14 AM
» Replies: 203
» Views: 70533
[REQUEST] Lenovo V570(c) (44CNxxWW) BIOS...
Last Post: d3m3n7r
04-22-2024 05:20 PM
» Replies: 18
» Views: 11151
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y520-15IKBN (4KCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: ati90
04-22-2024 05:02 AM
» Replies: 64
» Views: 36975
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: SteamTug
04-22-2024 04:24 AM
» Replies: 1734
» Views: 545313
[REQUEST] Lenovo G410 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-22-2024 03:58 AM
» Replies: 53
» Views: 10771
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: Brutoloco
04-21-2024 08:22 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 552
[REQUEST] LG GRAM 14T990 Unlock request
Last Post: riclausk
04-21-2024 12:15 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 4240
[REQUEST] SLIC 2.1 for ASRock 880GM-LE F...
Last Post: amijim
04-21-2024 10:27 AM
» Views: 128
[REQUEST] Dell Alienware 15 R3 BIOS Unlo...
Last Post: jason.exe
04-21-2024 03:44 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 181
[REQUEST] Samsung NP450R5G unlock hide s...
Last Post: magg
04-21-2024 12:54 AM
» Views: 184
lenovo e595 20nf bios spw unlock
Last Post: vsteez
04-20-2024 07:56 PM
» Views: 175
uefi mod for mac pro 1.1/21. support xeo...
Last Post: victorgbrmrr
04-20-2024 01:17 PM
» Views: 188

[REQUEST] Unlocking Vaio PhoenixBIOS R0174J3
Hello Steel Angel,

I have finished modifying your BIOS image. The image is at the bottom of this post.

The modified BIOS within the archive is named "bios_mod.wph". You may need to rename the file to "bios.wph" before flashing it.

Standard Precautions/Disclaimers:
Quote:Please remember to take proper precautions when flashing your BIOS. Even if the image is safe, the flashing process can still fail. Make sure that (if applicable) your notebook is fully charged (100%), the power plug is properly connected, and that the chance of the power going out is as minimal as possible. Do not interrupt the flashing process. If possible, it is a good idea to have a working CRISIS recovery disk when messing with your BIOS. Use the flashing instructions for your particular computer brand. DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNNECESSARY!!!

I take absolutely NO responsibility for ANY damages that may occur to you, your computer, your personal belongings, your neighbor's cat, or any other personnel or equipment as a direct or indirect result/consequence of your, or any one else's, use or misuse of any of the files that are in this archive at the present or at any time in the past or the future. You assume full responsibility for any damages or inconveniences that may occur by choosing to flash, or otherwise use or misuse, this image or any of the other files within this archive.

Have fun! Smile

Please remember to post the results of the BIOS flash!

HASH VERIFICATION (DigitalVolcano's HashTool v1.1):
MD5: 1d8c70892b4247991255e8a04f80bae7
SHA-1: 47345e23213fb2eb92bb537d097f77f81137c879

[This is my 200th post!]

Attached Files
.rar   R0174J3.rar (Size: 612.35 KB / Downloads: 257)

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
I did some research on your notebook's chipset. It appears that you have 2 great options for upgrading. These are the fastest and best CPU's that are compatible with your notebook's chipset. Check out these CPU's, but do not buy anything yet. There are still a few more details I want to research before giving you a definitive answer on the CPU upgrade.

You can upgrade to the following CPU's:
Intel T2700 2.33GHz Dual-Core 32-bit L2_Cache:2MB (I use this CPU so I can vouch for its quality, only has half the amount of L2 cache though)
Intel T7600 2.33GHz Dual-Core 64-bit L2_Cache:4MB (Costs more, only necessary if you have a 64-bit OS, double the L2 cache)

Benefits from upgrading to either of the above CPU's:
• Your new CPU's clock speed will be 2.33GHz
• Your notebook's FSB speed will increase from 533MHz to 667MHz
• You will gain Intel VT-x (hardware assisted virtualization)

Compatibility:
• OS: If you choose the 64-bit CPU, both 32-bit Windows and 64-bit Windows will support it.
• OS: If you have a 64-bit OS, do NOT get the 32-bit CPU. It will not work.
• Disclaimer: There is always a small chance that the motherboard will not support the upgrade for whatever reason. The chance is very small, but it always exists. I upgraded my notebook's CPU with no problems though.
• If your notebook's CPU commonly gets to over 175-185 degrees Fahrenheit with normal use, then I wouldn't recommend the upgrade. This only happens to notebook's with extremely bad heat distribution and ventilation.
• NOTE: Your chipset is compatible. Your notebook is most likely compatible as well, but I need some more information before I can give you a more definite answer to compatibility questions. The most important detail I need is what your current CPU is.

I do not have as much information about your notebook as I would like to make these recommendations to you. I am going to try and find your notebook's information online. If you know of a page with your notebook's specs, a link to it would be helpful. Could you also tell me which CPU you currently have?

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Hi.
I've been reading and reading and reading. And then I read some more. For days now.
I have a sony vaio vgn-fe21m with a newly (just of today) upgraded bios to this same version r0174j3 and thought I'd flash my bios to upgrade the cpu to the t7600 and get some 4gb of ram working. I downloaded this bios posted in this thread and followed the instructions from ahmed hossam on "how to flash...", in the phoenix section, and I'm getting closer. The Bios mod get working but then it says that I don't have a platform signature on the interface. "Platform Signature cannot be found on the interface."
I renamed the *.wph file to bios.wph, and booted. Nothing. Then just in case I added the two *.rom. Nothing. Then I added the slic log to the usb. Well, in this case "nothing" means that it updates the bios but then I get the red screen with the "no platform signature on the interface". I have to disable all boot sequence and just leave the 'external drive boot' in order to be able to boot from usb.
Please note that i'm a beginner at computers, so pls clarify instructions (if any).
I was hoping to get some suggestions here.
I will leave feedback and perhaps a small donation for the good work.
find
Hello guaruska,

Try following the instructions over here. Follow the Phoenix instructions exactly.

If this does not work, you may have to use either Sony's flashing utility or the Windows-based phlash utility. I had to use WinPhlash for my Vaio notebook. I will link you to WinPhlash if the DOS version does not work.

www find
(08-16-2014, 01:52 AM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello guaruska,

Try following the instructions over here. Follow the Phoenix instructions exactly.

If this does not work, you may have to use either Sony's flashing utility or the Windows-based phlash utility. I had to use WinPhlash for my Vaio notebook. I will link you to WinPhlash if the DOS version does not work.

I tried doing as link specifies but less success than https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-H...GINAL-BIOS
I tried different approaches. One change which made the flash behave differently was when I changed the name of the bios.wph to bios.bin. The red alert window said it couldn't read file instead of above post.
I found the winphlash download here at the site. Do I use this from windows? Or do I have to boot from usb as before? Step-by-step-guide would be very useful :-)
find
I also read over at mdl that a windows crack file can render the flashtool powerless. I happen to have a windows crack file on the computer, because I only installed windows to update and flash the bios, because the computer didn't accept the t7600 just like that (tried disconnecting cmos-battery) and I also want the 4gb of ram. Normally I only have Ubuntu installed, and this update is very much harder from Ubuntu, maybe.
find
Hello guaruska,

guaruska Wrote:I found the winphlash download here at the site. Do I use this from windows? Or do I have to boot from usb as before? Step-by-step-guide would be very useful :-)

Yes, WinPhlash can be run directly from within Windows. Follow the instructions in this PDF from Phoenix for the "phlashing" instructions. The instructions begin on Page 5.

guaruska Wrote:I also read over at mdl that a windows crack file can render the flashtool powerless. I happen to have a windows crack file on the computer, because I only installed windows to update and flash the bios

Since you will not need Windows for more than a few hours, you could remove the crack and proceed with an unactivated Windows.

~Steven

www find
The problem is getting a little clearer, I guess.
I tried the winphlash and it says: Corrupted interface descriptions in the new BIOS file
Platform Signature not found in the interface.
Error code: -103

Do you know what this means and most importantly, will I be able to flash the new bios onto my computer? It doesn't have r0174j3 as default, I just updated the bios from r013...something.

Thanks for all the help by the way.

I was thinking. Does that mean it has the wrong slic?
find
Hello guaruska,

Try using the WinPhlash.exe within this archive. This was the program included in your BIOS update. Run it as administrator within Windows.

Attached Files
.rar   PHBSYS-01101529-UN.rar (Size: 74.74 KB / Downloads: 103)

www find
(08-16-2014, 04:23 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello guaruska,

Try using the WinPhlash.exe within this archive. This was the program included in your BIOS update. Run it as administrator within Windows.

This time no error message is shown, instead it says it's the version that I already have and doesn't install it. But in BIOS nothing is unlocked, it's the same as before. I got my bios from here http://www.helpdrivers.com/notebooks/Son...VGN-FE21M/ (it's a few apps down the field, when opening the page to download the address in address-field was broken).

It seems like a few with the same bios (original r0174j3) has unlocked it with Ahmeds bios from this thread Thread-Sony-Vaio-VGN-FE31M-R0170J3-VGN-FE41M-R0200J3, but it says it's an r0170j3. Could this work?
find