Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6438
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14069
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 148
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424633
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3669
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 341
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 240
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 363
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225111
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119236
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 310
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6832
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 457
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309899
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62024
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 675
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20335
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169490
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6417
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 880

[REQUEST, of help maybe?] Xeon E5 1660 v1 support on Asus Rampage IV black edition
#1
Hello everyone, i'm a new entry here.
I'm posting in this thread because I think I may have an incompatibility in my motherboard, the Rampage IV black edition.
When I bought it i knew it was designed for ivy bridge processors, and in the support list Sandy bridge EP was not specified.
I tought that if it supported a i7 3960x (the consumer counterpart) or even a xeon e5 1660 v2, it would support also v1. Maybe it is not so simple.
I can get the board to boot with the processor at default settings, but if i even launch cinebench with all default bios settings i cannot get it truly stable. So i need to set a manual power limit and manual voltages. then it begins to be stable.

Other than this, the most annoying thing to me is the impossibility to pass the 43x multiplier, since my cpu is fully unlocked to multi 57x.
I explain better: I know i can go over 43x because i can get it to work to 47x using overclock software from asus, in windows enviroment. but i loose a lot of fine granular control because i cannot use my BIOS to get the board to the most efficent setup.
Over 43x the pc becomes a power hog, passing from 215w to 320w at 44x, same voltages, because of no control over power settings.

I tought that maybe with a cpu support update i can get the job done.

So i'm asking: is it possible to upgrade my rampage IV black bios with microcode for my 1660 first generation?

Can I ask someone for an upgrade, or should I get to work and modify it myself?

I would do this, I modified timings and base clocks in my GPUs, with hex editors and all that stuff, but right now i'm on the edge of my master's degree and i'm full of work for my thesis to get done. So is not easy for me.
I also need a stable workstation, because right now my workflow is really slowed down on my laptop.

Since the first thread of the forum asks to provide the default and the donor bios, here they are:

Default:
Bios 0801 RIVBE

Possible donor:
P9X79WS

thanks in advance.
Mirko
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)