Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 92
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 103153
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 870
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3239
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 7915
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 7595
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14337
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 245
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425458
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3836
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 525
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 325
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 615
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227411
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119586
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 384
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6990
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 612
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310552
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62217

[Request] 9900K (906ED) support on iMac EMC 2834
#1
Hello, I have an old-ish iMac and a 9900K laying around I'm experimenting with. I'm attempting a CoffeeLake mod on its EFI. So far I've downgraded the ME firmware in the bios I dumped by grabbing an older firmware for this machine and extracting the ME FW from that. I've inserted the microcode for my SRG19 version of the 9900K (906ED mcode) which I've pulled out of the 2019 iMac's firmware. I seem to be running into an issue with a checksum in the Volume Top File, or so I believe. Editing the pad file which contains the microcode on these machines causes an error in UEFITool when loading the modified firmware

"FfsParser::findFitRecursive: FIT table candidate found, but not referenced from the last VTF"

I suspected this could possibly be due to moving the position of the FIT table in the microcode file at first, but leaving it at the same address results in the same issue and a non-booting system, leading me to believe this to be a checksum problem. The firmware very well may need further modifications to play nice with the drastically newer CPU, but that's why this is just an experimental project. Here's the files I'm working with https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0wtomvxujwijc...dmk7a?dl=0
.bin   iMac2015dmp.bin (Size: 8 MB / Downloads: 2)
find
quote
#2
This firmware has support for Skylake only. So adding microcode doesn't add support for new CPU.
find
quote
#3
(05-03-2022, 08:35 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: This firmware has support for Skylake only. So adding microcode doesn't add support for new CPU.

Thank you for your reply. What makes this different from the many other Skylake boards that can be firmware modded to support Coffeelake? The complexity of the patches required?
find
quote
#4
(05-03-2022, 08:42 AM)TheSynthax Wrote: What makes this different from the many other Skylake boards that can be firmware modded to support Coffeelake?
Only firmwares with native support of Kaby Lake are suitable to add support of Coffee Lake.
find
quote
#5
(05-03-2022, 09:02 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 08:42 AM)TheSynthax Wrote: What makes this different from the many other Skylake boards that can be firmware modded to support Coffeelake?
Only firmwares with native support of Kaby Lake are suitable to add support of Coffee Lake.

Hmm. So a 2017 *might* be possible to add support to? They come with Kabylake.
find
quote
#6
(05-03-2022, 09:21 AM)TheSynthax Wrote: So a 2017 *might* be possible to add support to? They come with Kabylake.
I haven't proper dump for it.
find
quote
#7
(05-03-2022, 11:32 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 09:21 AM)TheSynthax Wrote: So a 2017 *might* be possible to add support to? They come with Kabylake.
I haven't proper dump for it.

Ah, my bad, here's one. 
.bin   iMac 2017.bin (Size: 8 MB / Downloads: 1)
find
quote
#8
Try to use CoffeeTime for this firmware.
find
quote
#9
(05-03-2022, 12:02 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Try to use CoffeeTime for this firmware.

CoffeeTime REALLY did not like the 2015 firmware, I'll try 2017's

Edit: CoffeeTime gives the same errors on 2017, can't detect microcode and "Can not rebuilt FIT table!"
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)