Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Today 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 42
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Today 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 66
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Yesterday 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 126
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221944
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Yesterday 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118885
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 159
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6636
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308910
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61711
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 446
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20090
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168777
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6124
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 657
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5617
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60910
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274793
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 771
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24731

[Request] ASUS GL502VMZ Unlocked Bios
#1
Hey guys. 

My asus laptop "FX502VM" has a 7700hq and a gtx 1060 3gb gpu. Unfortunately I noticed the max TDP it can produce is 25w. It's advertised as 45w and after reading a couple of posts on different websites it seems I need to maybe mod or unlock my bios so I can set it to use the full 45w. I believe the option is "CPU performance mode", or maybe just disabling some power options. 

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

[Image: iLOkOjH.jpg]


[Image: lbX89G8.jpg]
find
quote
#2
Please download Intel ME System Tools package from this thread in section "C", you need V11 package
https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html

Inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder, select that "Win" folder and hold shift, press right click and choose open command window here (not power shell). Type the following command, and upload the created file for me to modify for you >> FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin

Also, which do you choose on the download page, I assume VMK since BIOS is 305 for that one vs VM without the K which is on 2xx series BIOS
https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-GL50...Desk_BIOS/
find
quote
#3
Hey thanks for replying! I can have that information to you tomorrow. Unfortunately I bent my heatsink "don't ask how" and have ordered a replacement that'll be here soon.

As far as the bios download goes this is where I download it from.

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/FX502VM/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Under GL502VMZ.
find
quote
#4
Thanks for the BIOS link clarification, looks like I had the ROG page with similar model and you have regular non ROG. Very confusing for consumers, I wonder why your model is GL but that page starts with FX, seems like a great way to mess people up! Big Grin

So you can't use the system until your heatsink arrives? If not, OK we'll wait, unless you know what AFU lets you flash mod BIOS for this system I'd prefer to work on a FPT dump for you since I know how to flash it back without having to try 20 versions of AFU to find the right one that allows mod BIOS flash for your system
find
quote
#5
[Image: extlU85.jpg]

This is the error I'm getting. I tried both Win32 and Win64, this is with 64. It always says in the command prompt "access is denied". I can't run it as an admin because when I shift right click it only lets me choose Powershell. I had to clear out the bar in the explorer and type in "cmd" to get it to run in the command prompt.
find
quote
#6
Also it gives me an error about missing pmxdll.dll
find
quote
#7
You have to run it with admin command prompt, or from DOS out of the DOS folder (Copy all files from DOS folder to DOS USB)
Here's how to get command prompt back on crap Win10

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-add-c...ors-update
https://www.windowscentral.com/add-open-...windows-10
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/open-...privileges
find
quote
#8
Hey again I got around to making it all work. I hope this is the file you're asking for

https://ufile.io/f06jy
find
quote
#9
Thanks, yes that is it. Do you want me to use that older BIOS version, 301, or do you want to update the latest 305 first and send a new FPT dump instead?
* Edit - actually, if you don't mind, 305 would be better for me, I can't get proper IFR output from 301 BIOS it keeps crashing the IFR extractor programs, but 305 does not.
*Edit 2, never mind, I got it, you can stick on old 301 if you want, let me know and if you do want to get on 305, flash it now and then send new FPT backup.
find
quote
#10
I think any would be fine as long as I can get to the CPU options. Just try the easiest one for you. Thanks a lot sir
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)