Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6516
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 120
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308174
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61531
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 297
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19933
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168389
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5961
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 511
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5465
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60711
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274661
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 639
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24611
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693477
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 173965
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 917
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 506
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59520
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43054

[Request] Adding 7th Gen CPU support to Fujitsu D3401-A1
#1
Hi, I have a Fujitsu Esprimo D756 with an D3401-A1 mainboard. Unfortunately it officially only supports 6th Gen Skylake CPUs. I have an Core i3-7100 laying around, which I would love to use in that system. At the moment there is an Intel Pentium G4400 CPU in there.

There is apparently another very similar mainboard with 7th Gen CPU Support. The Fujitsu D3401-B2. Here is the datasheet for it: https://cdn-reichelt.de/documents/datenb..._DB_EN.pdf
Unfortunately there seems to be no datasheet for my D3401-A(1) board.

Original BIOS files for both D3401-A(1) and D3401-B2 are available on https://ftp.kontron.com/main.html
Login: anonymous
Pw: 
Location: /Products/Motherboards/EoL_Motherboards/EoL_ClassicDesktop/D34xx/D3401_D3402-A_D3417-A/BIOS_D3401_D3402-A_D3417-A

I already made a BIOS dump of mine using a CH341A programmer.
Just renaming the BIOS file from D3401-B2 and using DOSflash unfortunately doesn't work.
CPU-Z Screenshots of currently installed Hardware are attached as well.

I hope there is some way to make 7th gen work in that machine Smile


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote
#2
Just truncate D3401-B2.UPD to 16384 KB and flash by a hardware programmer.
find
quote
#3
Thanks for your quick answer :) Just how is the correct way to truncate the file?
If I use truncate under linux and then compare the file to the untouched file in a hex editor, there is still quite a bit data being cut off at the end of the file. The command I used was this one:
Code:
truncate D3401-B2.UPD -s 16777216
find
quote
#4
That's OK.
find
quote
#5
Thank you very much! It seems to work perfectly Smile Smile


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#6
Hi xDJoelDx,

I want to do the same thing for a D3401 B12 motherboard.

Can you tell me how did you flashed the new bios? It is working the normal way using the USB stick with FreeDOS?

Thanks!
find
quote
#7
I want to change the bios of my Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo D756 E90 mobo model D3401-A11 with the bios of its sibling mobo D3401-B2. The latter supports 6th gen Skylake and 7th gen Kaby Lake CPUs. My latest mobo bios only supports 6th gen. I want to use Kaby Lake to make transcoding 4K HEVC possible.

I hope I correctly verified that it is possible by truncating the .uba file of the b2 mobo bios with something like [trunc.exe](https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Sys...runc.shtml) as described here
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/showthre...?tid=40459
and here
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/showthre...?tid=40475

and then flash it to my mobo. I guess this is possible because both boards use the same Intel Q150 chipset.

The forum postings only describe flashing with a hardware programmer. So my questions are:

Is it safe to do this?

Is it possible to use the built in possibility to flash the modified bios with a USB drive and Free DOS?

My current bios file pack contains a .upc and a .uba file. So does this mean I have to replace the .uba file with the modified one? What about the .upc file?

I never done something like this so please feel free to treat me like a noob.

Thank you!
find
quote
#8
Use D3401-B2.UPD, not "a .uba file"
find
quote
#9
Hello,
thanks for your reply. I'm sorry I misspelled off course I meant UPD. So that means I can flash it with the Free DOS method?
find
quote
#10
(07-21-2024, 11:58 AM)happykakadu Wrote: I can flash it with the Free DOS method?
I don't think so.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)