Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 460
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 104591
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 979
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3355
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 8481
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8163
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14341
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 248
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425534
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3838
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 528
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 328
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 667
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227469
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119626
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 385
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6994
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 615
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310559
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62217

[Request] Asus K501UX Bios Unlock
#1
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum so nice to meet you!
I'm trying to unlock advanced features on the bios of my Asus K501UX. In particular I need to enable Hot Plug for PCIe slots for my eGpu setup.

I've tried opening the bios dump with AMIBCP 4.55.0070. I open the file, I can see the settings and all, but cannot save due to an error of the visual studio c++ libraries.
I don't know if I have a problem with the installed libraries or if it's just a creative way the app is telling me that has crashed.
Can't find any newer version and older versions don't open the file.

I'm totally stuck, could you help me? Even if I can't unlock advanced settings It would be enough to have hot plug enabled on the pcie slot 6.

Thanks to anyone willing to help me Smile

I'm attaching the dump of the bios taken with afuwin


Attached Files
.zip   backup.zip (Size: 2.74 MB / Downloads: 9)
find
quote
#2
A quick follow-up! 
I managed to save my modded bios, all I had to do was using AMIBCP v5 (which I didn't even know it exists).

Unfortunately, I couldn't make pci-configuration tab menus appear in the bios, but I managed to enable the hotplug setting it as a default. 
So my issue is solved, but can't really say I have unlocked the bios!

If anyone is interested just ask.
find
quote
#3
(01-06-2017, 06:10 AM)reload Wrote: A quick follow-up! 
I managed to save my modded bios, all I had to do was using AMIBCP v5 (which I didn't even know it exists).

Unfortunately, I couldn't make pci-configuration tab menus appear in the bios, but I managed to enable the hotplug setting it as a default. 
So my issue is solved, but can't really say I have unlocked the bios!

If anyone is interested just ask.

What did you do. I need to do this exact thing with an ASUS U57A. 

I looked up the program you mentioned but it doesn't seem to mentions Sandy Bridge, which is the type of CPU I have.

Thanks!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)