Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6420
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14051
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424582
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3660
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 331
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 349
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224936
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119216
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 302
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6821
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 445
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309851
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62011
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 662
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20323
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169453
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6397
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 868

[Request] Bios upgrade of an HP Elitedesk 800 G4 mini to support i7 9700T
#21
Ok.
So the Gigadevice is useless in this context? Should I solder it back then?
find
quote
#22
I still need the dump of Winbond 25Q256JVFQ
find
quote
#23
Here is the correct dump.
find
quote
#24
OK. Try to flash my mod.
find
quote
#25
I may have damaged the machine Sad

Burned the image you sent, soldered back the bioses but now it wont turn on...

press power, green lights on and off (only holds on while pressing power btn) , then nothing, no fan, no diagnostic lights, nothing...

I'll try and flash back the old fw.
find
quote
#26
Cool, found the issue, bad solder on the Gigadevice bios, but now what happens is the following.
I can boot and get in the bios config. Im assuming I would be able to load the SO too.
It correctly identifies the old processor.
If I swap the processor for the i7 9700T then it goes back to what I initially reported of having of 3 long red and 5 short white led sequence.
Maybe the Gigadevice bios needs modification too?
find
quote
#27
Make new dump to check:
fptw64 -bios -d bios.bin
find
quote
#28
(02-12-2025, 11:45 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Make new dump to check:
fptw64 -bios -d bios.bin

Here you go.
But something is weird. Check the logs out. 
It says a 32mb bios but dumps a 16mb file.
Just like the 1st time I dumped it (but I just realized it now). Is it ok and expected? 
Output below

FPTW64.exe -bios -d newbios.bin
Intel ® Flash Programming Tool Version: 12.0.85.1919
Copyright © 2005 - 2021, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Reading HSFSTS register... Flash Descriptor: Valid

    --- Flash Devices Found ---
    ID:0xEF4019    Size: 32768KB (262144Kb)


- Reading Flash [0x2000000] 16384KB of 16384KB - 100 percent complete.
Writing flash contents to file "newbios.bin"...
Memory Dump Complete
FPT Operation Successful.


Attached Files
.rar   newbios.rar (Size: 5.66 MB / Downloads: 4)
find
quote
#29
Try to flash modded firmware to both BIOS chips (16 & 32MB).
(02-12-2025, 03:18 PM)CZanoS Wrote: It says a 32mb bios but dumps a 16mb file.
Just like the 1st time I dumped it (but I just realized it now). Is it ok and expected?
Yes, it's correct.
find
quote
#30
(02-13-2025, 11:50 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Try to flash modded firmware to both BIOS chips (16 & 32MB).

Will take a while now. I think the 16MB chip is toast Sad 
It gets detected but freezes neoprogrammer or asprogrammer on any operation.
Connections are good, tried 2 different programmers and clips. Same behavior.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)