Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Yesterday 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 186
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Yesterday 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 153
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 231
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223417
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119068
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 227
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6720
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309402
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61885
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 549
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20198
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169088
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6242
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 748
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5722
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61081
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274915
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 865
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24802

Request- Checking R1110Y1 Bios for Intel P9600 compatibility
#11
(07-28-2024, 04:39 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(07-28-2024, 04:33 AM)Rediron Wrote: the novelty of the R1130Y1 bios update was hyper threading support.
No.
(07-28-2024, 04:33 AM)Rediron Wrote: Do you think this will increase performance in  normal use?
I don't think so. But you can try.

I remembered wrong than, the processor does not support hyper threading anyway. It was probably virtualization technology. I remember a line of update note before it was removed from Sony's website. I will procure the parts from Aliexpress, it will take up to 1 month to arrive. I'll update here when I try it. Thanks.
find
quote
#12
I didn't ask because the p9700 is 28w, but would it be a problem if I installed it, can the motherboard power it?
find
quote
#13
(07-28-2024, 05:53 AM)Rediron Wrote: can the motherboard power it?
Show a photo of the motherboard near a socket.
find
quote
#14
(07-28-2024, 06:47 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(07-28-2024, 05:53 AM)Rediron Wrote: can the motherboard power it?
Show a photo of the motherboard near a socket.

Attached.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12o9c4G2...p=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12qxsGE8...p=drivesdk
These are the photos I had before, I hope they will be enough.
find
quote
#15
The power system of this motherboard is enough for 35W CPU.
find
quote
#16
(07-28-2024, 12:54 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: The power system of this motherboard is enough for 35W CPU.

Thanks. And P9700 is supported by BIOS right?
find
quote
#17
Yes.
find
quote
#18
(07-29-2024, 12:36 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Yes.

Thanks for all your help.
find
quote
#19
(07-29-2024, 12:36 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Yes.

Hi again. The parts arrived and I installed it. I'm still on the same bios version, I haven't updated. P9700 works fine. But there are some problems with 2x4GB RAM. When I start the computer with 8GB, Windows opens extremely slowly (about 5-6 minutes), and when I come to the desktop, the taskbar does not load. When I click anywhere, it becomes completely unresponsive and I cannot go further. However, it works smoothly with 6GB RAM in the form of 2 + 4GB. Both 4GB modules were tested separately, one by one, in both ports and they are working. Since we are able to access Windows, I believe it is a problem we can solve. Please help. Thanks.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
                   
find
quote
#20
Try this algorithm:
1) remove AC jack, Main Battery, and CMOS Battery
2) press and hold power button for 30 sec.
3) install CMOS Battery and one SODIMM only, inject AC jack (without Main Battery!)
4) Power on
5) Go to BIOS and do Load Defaults, save and reboot.
6) Power off and remove AC jack.
7) Install second SODIMM, inject AC jack (without Main Battery!)
8) Power on
9) Go to BIOS and do Load Defaults, save and reboot.
10) Try to boot in Windows
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)