Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 794
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108003
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1313
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9213
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8764
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14355
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425637
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3843
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 533
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 724
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227569
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119715
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6998
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 621
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310590
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

[Request] Dell Precision A15 BIOS Unlock/Whitelist device GTX880M GPU
#1
Hey guys, so I got a Dell Precision M6600 Workstation that has an on and off faulty GPU. So, I ended up buying a GTX880M GPU to replace it. The problem is apparently the GTX880M is not supported, shows as Unknown Device in Bios but gives the correct amount of ram (8gb). The machine posts and attempts to load windows 10 (win logo appears but nothing else happens) it just freezes to which point I have to restart. So, Windows 10 does not boot at all.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but this would be a BIOS problem correct? (Reason why I'm wanting to mod BIOS)

I appreciate any and all help to try and figure this out!

Intel Core i7-2820QM 2.30GHz 32GB RAM
find
quote
#2
My graphics card died, and I have bought a replacement.  Guess what, it's compatible, but not on the whitelist.

Could someone please take a look at removing the whitelist, or adding an Nvidia Quadro K3100M to it?

The latest bios from Dell is here:  http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER01772111...600A15.exe

I will try to provide any other information that may be required.

Thanks,

G
find
quote
#3
(08-27-2016, 04:31 PM)Lezayr Wrote: Hey guys, so I got a Dell Precision M6600 Workstation that has an on and off faulty GPU. So, I ended up buying a GTX880M GPU to replace it. The problem is apparently the GTX880M is not supported, shows as Unknown Device in Bios but gives the correct amount of ram (8gb). The machine posts and attempts to load windows 10 (win logo appears but nothing else happens) it just freezes to which point I have to restart. So, Windows 10 does not boot at all.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but this would be a BIOS problem correct? (Reason why I'm wanting to mod BIOS)

I appreciate any and all help to try and figure this out!

Intel Core i7-2820QM 2.30GHz 32GB RAM

Hey man,

Don't know if you're still active, but I'm in the SAME exact boat. Same card, same laptop. Did you ever have a resolution? Oddly enough, there's a company called Eurocom actually appears to sell this model laptop with a GTX 970m pre-installed. If this is true, there must be a way around Dell's BIOS lockdown.

Any responses appreciated. Smile
find
quote
#4
I'm sorry, I was wrong)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)