Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108041
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3541
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9215
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8765
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14362
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425649
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 535
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227603
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119720
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6999
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310593
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62224

Request GA-EP45T-UD3P Rev1.1 RAID ROM Update
#1
I have a Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3P rev1.1 bios F7 that I would like to use with 3TB drives. It looks like I need the RAID ROM updated to at least:

Intel Matrix RAID ROM 10.6.0.1091

I saw requests for the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P with this update. So I am hoping the EP45T version is as easy.

Thank you kindly


Attached Files
.rar   ep4tud3p.rar (Size: 551.56 KB / Downloads: 3)
find
quote
#2
(06-24-2013, 06:25 PM)HAL9000 Wrote: I have a Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3P rev1.1 bios F7 that I would like to use with 3TB drives. It looks like I need the RAID ROM updated to at least:

Intel Matrix RAID ROM 10.6.0.1091

I saw requests for the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P with this update. So I am hoping the EP45T version is as easy.

Thank you kindly

Sorry for the delay.
Changes made are the following:
ICH10R southbridge - v12.6.0.1867
8111D ethernet - rtegrom255.lom
SATA2 chip - jmb362_C_1.07.28

I did not add any SLIC. I don't have this motherboard to test but changes to similar motherboards in the series worked fine. I did not use the bleeding edge OROM v12.7.0.1936 since I had some peculiar shutdown/sleep issues on my EP45T-USB3P using this OROM and RST 12.7.0.1022. Using OROM 12.6.0.1867 with RST 12.6.3.1000 did not show any aberrant behavior and was rock steady.
find
quote
#3
(06-27-2013, 03:23 AM)gto4ben Wrote:
(06-24-2013, 06:25 PM)HAL9000 Wrote: I have a Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3P rev1.1 bios F7 that I would like to use with 3TB drives. It looks like I need the RAID ROM updated to at least:

Intel Matrix RAID ROM 10.6.0.1091

I saw requests for the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P with this update. So I am hoping the EP45T version is as easy.

Thank you kindly

Sorry for the delay.
Changes made are the following:
ICH10R southbridge - v12.6.0.1867
8111D ethernet - rtegrom255.lom
SATA2 chip - jmb362_C_1.07.28

I did not add any SLIC. I don't have this motherboard to test but changes to similar motherboards in the series worked fine. I did not use the bleeding edge OROM v12.7.0.1936 since I had some peculiar shutdown/sleep issues on my EP45T-USB3P using this OROM and RST 12.7.0.1022. Using OROM 12.6.0.1867 with RST 12.6.3.1000 did not show any aberrant behavior and was rock steady.
Thanks!
I gave it a try and had an interesting result with the controller set to RAID. Which my current storage drives are configured.
After initial port/drive detection messages:
"Port 0 drive controlled by RAID bios"
"Port 1 drive controlled by RAID bios" & so on
No other information is displayed.
I would normally see something along the lines of:
Quote:Intel® Matrix Storage Manager option ROM v8.0.0.1039 ICH10R wRAID5
Copyright© 2003-08 Intel Corporation. All Rights Reversed.
RAID Volumes :
None defined.
Physical Disks :
Port Drive Model Serial # Size Type/Status(Vol ID)
0 ST3120026AS 3JT354CP 111.7GB Non-RAID Disk
1 ST3120026AS 3JT329JX 111.7GB Non-RAID Disk
Press <CTRL - I> to enter Configuration Utility..
No drives are accessible in this configuration. Even my SSD boot drive. Which I found odd. I can set the controller to ACHI & boot to my SSD, but then don't have access to my storage drives to copy the data.
I went between the stock and modified a few times to make sure I wasn't just a bit more nuts than usual.
find
quote
#4
(06-27-2013, 08:12 PM)HAL9000 Wrote:
(06-27-2013, 03:23 AM)gto4ben Wrote:
(06-24-2013, 06:25 PM)HAL9000 Wrote: I have a Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3P rev1.1 bios F7 that I would like to use with 3TB drives. It looks like I need the RAID ROM updated to at least:

Intel Matrix RAID ROM 10.6.0.1091

I saw requests for the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P with this update. So I am hoping the EP45T version is as easy.

Thank you kindly

Sorry for the delay.
Changes made are the following:
ICH10R southbridge - v12.6.0.1867
8111D ethernet - rtegrom255.lom
SATA2 chip - jmb362_C_1.07.28

I did not add any SLIC. I don't have this motherboard to test but changes to similar motherboards in the series worked fine. I did not use the bleeding edge OROM v12.7.0.1936 since I had some peculiar shutdown/sleep issues on my EP45T-USB3P using this OROM and RST 12.7.0.1022. Using OROM 12.6.0.1867 with RST 12.6.3.1000 did not show any aberrant behavior and was rock steady.
Thanks!
I gave it a try and had an interesting result with the controller set to RAID. Which my current storage drives are configured.
After initial port/drive detection messages:
"Port 0 drive controlled by RAID bios"
"Port 1 drive controlled by RAID bios" & so on
No other information is displayed.
I would normally see something along the lines of:
Quote:Intel® Matrix Storage Manager option ROM v8.0.0.1039 ICH10R wRAID5
Copyright© 2003-08 Intel Corporation. All Rights Reversed.
RAID Volumes :
None defined.
Physical Disks :
Port Drive Model Serial # Size Type/Status(Vol ID)
0 ST3120026AS 3JT354CP 111.7GB Non-RAID Disk
1 ST3120026AS 3JT329JX 111.7GB Non-RAID Disk
Press <CTRL - I> to enter Configuration Utility..
No drives are accessible in this configuration. Even my SSD boot drive. Which I found odd. I can set the controller to ACHI & boot to my SSD, but then don't have access to my storage drives to copy the data.
I went between the stock and modified a few times to make sure I wasn't just a bit more nuts than usual.

I went to my records and the three OROMs installed are correct. I assume that you configured "optimized defaults" in the bios before you configured the RAID and other settings in the bios.

You mentioned you had an SSD in the system. Another member had a similar problem whose solution was to use the beta bios which was designed to handle SSD. I see on the Gigabyte web site that there is a beta version F8c for the GA-EP45T-UD3P rev1.1 Attached are the same modifications for this beta bios. It should work with mixed SSD and mechanical HDs.
find
quote
#5
The modified F8c did the trick, thanks again!
Now the long process of copying all my data... fun stuff
find
quote
#6
[/quote]
You mentioned you had an SSD in the system. Another member had a similar problem whose solution was to use the beta bios which was designed to handle SSD. I see on the Gigabyte web site that there is a beta version F8c for the GA-EP45T-UD3P rev1.1 Attached are the same modifications for this beta bios. It should work with mixed SSD and mechanical HDs.
[/quote]

Hello,

sorry to dig up this old topic.

Is it possible to get the same BIOS for the same gigabyte card, but revision 1.0?

Thank you in advance for your info.

regards,
find
quote
#7
Sorry for the delay. I modified the latest F8C bios from the Gigabyte web site
for a GA-EP45T-UD3P rev 1.0

Changes made are the following:
ICH10R southbridge - v13.1.0.2030
8111C ethernet - rtegrom259.lom
SATA2 chip - jmb362_C_1.07.28
AHCI - pchahci_1.20E

I'm currently using Intel RST driver 13.0.0.1098 in my GA-EP45T-USB3P rev 1.0 without incident so I expect your MB will behave as well with this driver.
find
quote
#8
A very big Thank you.
I try it at once and I tell you.

Thanks again,

regards
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)