Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424187
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3563
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 225
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 256
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223875
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119108
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6743
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 358
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309539
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61907
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 571
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20227
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169166
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6271
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 774
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5741
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61122
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274958

[Request] HP DV6-6116TX-AHCI/IDE mode - Mod repository SP 55068 not working. [edited]
#1
Hi,

I am new here. I read the forum rules and following it I ended up on the mod repository page. I found the mods for my notebook BIOS which happened to be SP 55068.

However upon installing the Advanced options menu, the BIOS upgrade fails Sad. Only the Whitelist mod worked. Can anyone please help me with a modded BIOS for my laptop.

I am willing to test and take the risk. I need the AHCI/SATA/IDE function enabled in the BIOS. Am even willing to test if the Advanced options can be fully unlocked.

Semi-bricked my laptop while installing the Whitelist mod mentioned above. Reset it by removing my CMOS battery.

here is the link to my firmware update SP 55068 version F.1B and HP_TOOLS

Picture of my BIOS screen [Image: 2ppwvmb.jpg]

Sorry about that, I cannot rotate the pic here.... even though I uploaded it straight. Confused


Please do help me out as I need to get AHCI/IDE working. Am going to install an SSD and besides I need it for other stuff too. Like I mentioned before, am willing to test to see if the full BIOS can be unlocked. Do help me out Smile
find
quote
#2
(11-29-2012, 09:25 AM)overclockthesun Wrote: Hi,

I am new here. I read the forum rules and following it I ended up on the mod repository page. I found the mods for my notebook BIOS which happened to be SP 55068.

However upon installing the Advanced options menu, the BIOS upgrade fails Sad. Only the Whitelist mod worked. Can anyone please help me with a modded BIOS for my laptop.

I am willing to test and take the risk. I need the AHCI/SATA/IDE function enabled in the BIOS. Am even willing to test if the Advanced options can be fully unlocked.

Semi-bricked my laptop while installing the Whitelist mod mentioned above. Reset it by removing my CMOS battery.

here is the link to my firmware update SP 55068 version F.1B and HP_TOOLS

Picture of my BIOS screen [Image: 2ppwvmb.jpg]

Sorry about that, I cannot rotate the pic here.... even though I uploaded it straight. Confused


Please do help me out as I need to get AHCI/IDE working. Am going to install an SSD and besides I need it for other stuff too. Like I mentioned before, am willing to test to see if the full BIOS can be unlocked. Do help me out Smile

Ok I got it to flash using the mod repository, but everytime I connect a bootable CD or USB, the BIOS goes into semi-brick...

The same goes for flashing the vhard version of SP55068 mod..... I am near to a perfect hackintosh! but only this keeps getting in the way. Please help me with the resetting problem.
find
quote
#3
(01-02-2013, 12:36 PM)overclockthesun Wrote:
(11-29-2012, 09:25 AM)overclockthesun Wrote: Hi,

I am new here. I read the forum rules and following it I ended up on the mod repository page. I found the mods for my notebook BIOS which happened to be SP 55068.

However upon installing the Advanced options menu, the BIOS upgrade fails Sad. Only the Whitelist mod worked. Can anyone please help me with a modded BIOS for my laptop.

I am willing to test and take the risk. I need the AHCI/SATA/IDE function enabled in the BIOS. Am even willing to test if the Advanced options can be fully unlocked.

Semi-bricked my laptop while installing the Whitelist mod mentioned above. Reset it by removing my CMOS battery.

here is the link to my firmware update SP 55068 version F.1B and HP_TOOLS

Picture of my BIOS screen [Image: 2ppwvmb.jpg]

Sorry about that, I cannot rotate the pic here.... even though I uploaded it straight. Confused


Please do help me out as I need to get AHCI/IDE working. Am going to install an SSD and besides I need it for other stuff too. Like I mentioned before, am willing to test to see if the full BIOS can be unlocked. Do help me out Smile

Ok I got it to flash using the mod repository, but everytime I connect a bootable CD or USB, the BIOS goes into semi-brick...

The same goes for flashing the vhard version of SP55068 mod..... I am near to a perfect hackintosh! but only this keeps getting in the way. Please help me with the resetting problem.

Bump, anyone? Still cannot save or exit BIOS or for that matter restart with either a bootable CD/DVD/USB inserted. Semi brick Sad
find
quote
#4
(01-08-2013, 12:25 PM)overclockthesun Wrote:
(01-02-2013, 12:36 PM)overclockthesun Wrote:
(11-29-2012, 09:25 AM)overclockthesun Wrote: Hi,

I am new here. I read the forum rules and following it I ended up on the mod repository page. I found the mods for my notebook BIOS which happened to be SP 55068.

However upon installing the Advanced options menu, the BIOS upgrade fails Sad. Only the Whitelist mod worked. Can anyone please help me with a modded BIOS for my laptop.

I am willing to test and take the risk. I need the AHCI/SATA/IDE function enabled in the BIOS. Am even willing to test if the Advanced options can be fully unlocked.

Semi-bricked my laptop while installing the Whitelist mod mentioned above. Reset it by removing my CMOS battery.

here is the link to my firmware update SP 55068 version F.1B and HP_TOOLS

Picture of my BIOS screen [Image: 2ppwvmb.jpg]

Sorry about that, I cannot rotate the pic here.... even though I uploaded it straight. Confused


Please do help me out as I need to get AHCI/IDE working. Am going to install an SSD and besides I need it for other stuff too. Like I mentioned before, am willing to test to see if the full BIOS can be unlocked. Do help me out Smile

Ok I got it to flash using the mod repository, but everytime I connect a bootable CD or USB, the BIOS goes into semi-brick...

The same goes for flashing the vhard version of SP55068 mod..... I am near to a perfect hackintosh! but only this keeps getting in the way. Please help me with the resetting problem.

Bump, anyone? Still cannot save or exit BIOS or for that matter restart with either a bootable CD/DVD/USB inserted. Semi brick Sad
Hey, I have the same problem with the same bios but a different laptop. I just need the NWL support but whenever I reboot with OS X or change any settings within the bios it semibricks
find
quote
#5
join the search. I have the same problem with saving settings in the BIOS.
find
quote
#6
try http://www.mediafire.com/download/o70b6ntx82ro482 moded by Donovan6000

fully working for my laptop dv6-6196ex unlock menu , no whitelist and no problem Big Grin
find
quote
#7
(11-22-2013, 05:07 PM)rina615 Wrote: try http://www.mediafire.com/download/o70b6ntx82ro482 moded by Donovan6000

fully working for my laptop dv6-6196ex unlock menu , no whitelist and no problem Big Grin

not working for me.
change any settings within the bios it semibricks.
and NWL not working with Centrino N2230 (Bluetooth, WiFi, WiDi). it's report on boot: "No support Bloetooth module, please remove and reboot"
find
quote
#8
Just wanted to reply that this BIOS worked perfectly on my HP Pavilion dv7t-6000 CTO, which was on BIOS version F.1b. I wanted to install a new wireless card, but kept getting a 704 module not supported error on boot. I tried the SP55068 from this page, https://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/index.php?dir=Insyde%2F, as well as another one that was referenced elsewhere in this forum, and both of them would brick my computer if you entered the BIOS anytime after flashing it. But this one is working beautifully. The white list is removed and advanced settings are unlocked. I'm now running an Intel WiFi Link 5300 successfully. Thanks Donovan6000.

Here's the link again: http://www.mediafire.com/download/o70b6ntx82ro482
find
quote
#9
(11-22-2013, 05:07 PM)rina615 Wrote: try http://www.mediafire.com/download/o70b6ntx82ro482 moded by Donovan6000

fully working for my laptop dv6-6196ex unlock menu , no whitelist and no problem Big Grin

Just wanted to reply that this BIOS worked perfectly on my HP Pavilion dv7t-6000 CTO, which was on BIOS version F.1b. I wanted to install a new wireless card, but kept getting a 704 module not supported error on boot. I tried the SP55068 from this page, https://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/index.php?dir=Insyde%2F, as well as another one that was referenced elsewhere in this forum, and both of them would brick my computer if you entered the BIOS anytime after flashing it. But this one is working beautifully. The white list is removed and advanced settings are unlocked. I'm now running an Intel WiFi Link 5300 successfully. Thanks Donovan6000.

Here's the link again: http://www.mediafire.com/download/o70b6ntx82ro482
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)