Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Today 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 72
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Today 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 86
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Yesterday 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 147
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1222199
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Yesterday 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118909
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 163
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6648
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 271
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308972
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61758
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 466
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20109
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168837
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6143
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 668
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5626
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60943
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274815
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 782
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24759

[Request] Lenovo E545 (AMD) TDP+Advanced Menu
#1
Hello all,

I would like to flash the BIOS of my ThinkPad E545 with an unlocked BIOS to allow increasing the TDP and thermal limits which are currently a major limiting factor in performance. I've tried loading the BIOS into the Pheonix BIOS editor but I get the error 'No BCPs Found!', so I'm not sure where to go from here.

Ideally I would like to unlock the advanced options menu of the BIOS fully so I can have more control of the performance, but if the whitelist could be removed as well that would be great!

Here is my BIOS dump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SqsunNS...sp=sharing

Edit: I should mention, I have a CH341A programmer which I can use to apply the flash if necessary
find
quote
#2
For anyone who may be looking into helping me out, I looked through the ROM in UEFITool, and I found these two EFI modules which contain user interface elements for the advanced menus:
PlatformHiiAdvancedDxe
PlatformHiiAMDDxe

None of the user interface elements present in these segments of the BIOS are currently visible in the unmodified BIOS, so I assume these are related to the advanced menus. It seems the first one is the general advanced settings for non-platform specific (either intel or AMD) controls, and the second module is for AMD specific controls, such as Power controls, northbridge and south bridge controls, etc...

Unfortunately I have no idea how to enable the menus represented by these Hii elements, so any help is greatly appreciated!
find
quote
#3
Oh! Look what do I have: automatic patching script.
find
quote
#4
(11-15-2021, 02:29 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote: Oh! Look what do I have: automatic patching script.
Thank you for the link. I just ran that tool and started comparing the patched vs original BIOS, and it seems that the Checksums do not match.

Have you tested this particular BIOS mod? If not, is there a way I can safely test it myself without risking a permanent brick? I'm very concerned that since the checksums do not match this BIOS will produce a brick.

Are there perhaps any BIOS simulators that let you test a BIOS with a software program instead of loading it onto your own EEPROM first?
find
quote
#5
(11-15-2021, 12:10 PM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: Have you tested this particular BIOS mod?
There were no tests. I also do not think that it is possible to test bios safely.
find
quote
#6
(11-15-2021, 12:44 PM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 12:10 PM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: Have you tested this particular BIOS mod?
There were no tests. I also do not think that it is possible to test bios safely.
Gotcha. Aside from the fact that it has not been tested and cannot be tested safely, what do you think about the checksums not matching?

As I understand it, a checksum mismatch will cause a brick, do you know why the checksum of the patched bios does not match the original?
find
quote
#7
(11-15-2021, 01:03 PM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: what do you think about the checksums not matching?
What checksum are you talking about?
find
quote
#8
(11-15-2021, 01:07 PM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 01:03 PM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: what do you think about the checksums not matching?
What checksum are you talking about?
When I open the original and patched bios in a hex editor, I have the ability to compare file checksums. There are several different checksums, and I have compared the 8-bit, 16-bit, 32-bit and 64-bit checksums, and regardless of the type of checksum analyzed the original and patched bios roms do not match.
find
quote
#9
(11-15-2021, 01:15 PM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: When I open the original and patched bios in a hex editor, I have the ability to compare file checksums.
Thinking in this direction, it turns out that none of the ever created modifications for bios did not have the same checksumm with the original and they are all should not work.
find
quote
#10
(11-15-2021, 01:24 PM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 01:15 PM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: When I open the original and patched bios in a hex editor, I have the ability to compare file checksums.
Thinking in this direction, it turns out that none of the ever created modifications for bios did not have the same checksumm with the original and they are all should not work.
Good point. I just checked some modded BIOS roms from this site that were functional and their checksums did not match the original.

How do I go about flashing this within windows? Do I use Pheonix WinPlash, or do I need to flash directly with a CH341A?

I get the following error when trying to load the patched BIOS into WinPhlash:
'Corrupted Interface Descriptors in New BIOS file
Part Table Signature not found in the interface
Error Code -161'
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)