Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Yesterday 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 151
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Yesterday 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 127
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 200
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1222997
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119018
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 198
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6697
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 311
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309247
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61853
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 519
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20157
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168993
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6209
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 716
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5686
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61037
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274874
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 832
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24775

[Request] Lenovo E545 (AMD) TDP+Advanced Menu
#41
(11-29-2021, 04:24 PM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: That takes care of one problem, though unfortunately the trackpad and keyboard still only function while inside the BIOS menus.
I recently read that problems of this kind can be caused by which BIOS dump was flashed.
The only explanation for this that I see is the data remained in the BIOS from device you got dump from. This would also explain why after installing the update using the official utility, the problem is still here. Maybe all you need is to find a normal dump? Finding it and endless tests will cost you a lot of effort.
find
quote
#42
(11-29-2021, 05:11 PM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 04:24 PM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: That takes care of one problem, though unfortunately the trackpad and keyboard still only function while inside the BIOS menus.
I recently read that problems of this kind can be caused by which BIOS dump was flashed.
The only explanation for this that I see is the data remained in the BIOS from device you got dump from. This would also explain why after installing the update using the official utility, the problem is still here. Maybe all you need is to find a normal dump? Finding it and endless tests will cost you a lot of effort.
I figured the issue had something to do with flashing that BIOS dump. I just reconstructed a "pure" BIOS by analyzing the .FL1 file included with Lenovo's update utility. I did this by matching the header and footer of the non-functional BIOS to segments of the .FL1 file & then isolated the 4mb section of the .FL1 file that I needed.

By flashing this reconstructed BIOS, I was able to restore functionality to the keyboard within the OS........ and I kid you not, as I was typing that very sentence, the keyboard stopped working & I had to plug in a USB keyboard to type this.

This is very strange that I was able to get ~30 minutes of functionality from the keyboard before it decided to stop working again. Anyways, still neither the trackpad or track-point are functional whatsoever.

I am at the point where I do not believe this motherboard can be saved. My best guess is that the EC responsible for managing the internal peripherals (KB9012) has been bricked somehow, though I have no idea how that would have happened as the firmware for that chip is stored separately in its internal memory rather than in the BIOSes that have been modified...

The other possibility is that the keyboard & trackpad themselves have both died, but again I find that hard to believe.

When I first dumped the BIOS, it was on version 1.12, and the EC firmware was 1.12. When I flashed the 1.18 dump from that external site, the BIOS reported that the BIOS version was 1.18, but the EC firmware was 1.12. I wonder if this temporary version mismatch is what may have bricked the EC before I was able to run the update utility & upgrade the EC firmware to 1.18 as well.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)