Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 799
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108064
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9217
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8768
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14366
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425661
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227630
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7001
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310611
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62227

[Request] SP55626 - HP 2000-361NR Whitelist Removal
#1
I'm having trouble editing the bios for my HP laptop so that I can install an Intel Centrino wireless card. I'm fairly (by which I mean very) new to this. First off, my bios details:

-Motherboard Manufacturer and Model : HP 3672 (per CPU-Z)
-Bios Revision : F.33
-Bios Type : Insyde
-Bios SLIC : 2.1
-Bios Link : http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55501-56000/sp55626.exe (my bios would be the 3672.fd inside the exe file)
-Rw-everything report - ​http://www.sendspace.com/file/n67nbw
-RSA Signed: YES (Aware of the risks)

-Current original card: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8176&SUBSYS_1629103C&REV_01
-Card to be added: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0091&SUBSYS_52018086&REV_34

Steps I've taken:

Tried EZH20 - will not load my bios. Apparently the bios is Insyde, but not Insyde H20? (per the error I got in Ezh20)

Opened the 3672.fd file with the Phoenix mod tool.
Selected other as manufacturer.
Did not select anything else on the main screen.
Clicked Advanced and checked Allow User to Modify other Modules, as well as checked No SLIC.
Left the Advanced menu, the box pops up telling me I'm OK to edit - I leave that open and in a hex editor search for the old card's string "EC 10 76 81" , and replace every occurrence of that with the new card's string - "86 80 91 00". After doing so (that string appears in 4 .rom files, out of the 600 or so that are dumped), I save the changes and click OK in the Phoenix mod tool.

It recognizes those changed, and then recompresses/encrypts the new .FD file.

I then take that new .fd file, which was automatically named 3672_SLIC.fd , and move it to the folder with the InsydeFlash tool. I rename it to 3672.fd, replacing the original 3672.fd, and run the flash tool. When I do, an error pops up about a signature or something (at work right now so I don't have it in front of me) and when I check the insydeflash.log it mentions an error like this: "Current BIOS version is bigger than the version setted in Ini."

I've read about using a patched flash tool to make it work? Not sure how to patch it.

I tried flashing it using FlashIT in DOS, but it says the bios isn't compatible or something along those lines.

I can post the full insydeflash.log when I get home, but could anyone look over the steps I took and tell me if/what i'm doing wrong?

Can anyone mod for me, or walk me through the steps for modding it? I would much rather do it myself than 'leech' off others hard work.

Any help anyone provides is greatly appreciated. I tried to read every sticky and do every search possible before posting, so I hope I am conforming to the forum rules.
Just noticed that the previous verison of my firmware was already fixed -
sp55088. Does anyone know if I can install to the older version? Or perhaps this info will help with making my mod easier?

http://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/Whitelists...miloml.exe
find
quote
#2
http://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/Whitelists...miloml.exe

try it and good luck this time Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#3
Thanks! trying now. Got my recovery flash drive ready just in case :-)
find
quote
#4
It semibricked it. I guess that it's because of the RSA? Are there any that have actually worked with RSA Sigs?

Slight issue though -

It semibricked, when I ran the recovery it loaded the recovery fine, and on the screen where it does the countdown where it's going to reboot, the power cord fell out. Now I get nothing when I boot up, not even a flashing caps lock - so it's not loading the recovery flash drive anymore either. Any way to fix this? CMOS battery perhaps?
find
quote
#5
Disconnect battery and AC plug pendrive and connect AC with WIN+B keys pressed press power on.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#6
Thanks. I will try that. I've had succesful recoveries before where I have just had to remove battery + AC plug, put the pendrive in, connect AC, and power on. This time (since the power cord fell out during the recovery) the caps lock light is NOT flashing, when it normally is, which bothers me.

I just bought this last week - think this is covered under warranty? Especially since the last bios flashed was a stock one (was flashing the recovery).
find
quote
#7
camiloml,

First of all, thank you so much for your effort and support.

I tried many different methods for recovery, including your tips. None of them are working. I bought this laptop brand new last week, so I contacted HP. They are going to repair this under the warranty.

It seems that RSA complicates things too much. I will have to keep an eye on the forum and see if any progress is made, and maybe try again. Again thank you for your help.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)