Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 91
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424385
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3609
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 271
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 197
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224388
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119161
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 270
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6778
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 397
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309682
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61955
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 616
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20269
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169254
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6337
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 817
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5785
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61188

[ Request ] Unlock R0131J9
#1
Hi !
I own a Sony Vaio VGN-NR11Z/S.
A few days ago I bought a new DDR2 RAM dual channel kit to refresh this old timer Smile
They are from Corsair PC2-6400 2x2Gb and should work at 800 Mhz.
I know that is unlikely, but they are currently at max 400 Mhz as CPU-Z says.
Weird is that the old 1x1Gb DDR2 RAM worked at 667 Mhz.

I also upgraded from Vista to Windows 7, because plenty of known reasons.
Now I believe that I might solve this from bios by modifying frequency, but I do not have these options.

Current bios I have : https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/suppo.../vgn-nr11z
Direct link : https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/suppo...s/Z0000447

Is this possible ?
If so, can I run the bios flash through win 7 or should I go back to vista ? (sony did not update it)

Btw, the link for bios backup is dead : https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-P...UR-REQUEST
find
quote
#2
Attach TXT report of CPU-Z.
find
quote
#3
(07-26-2017, 03:41 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Attach TXT report of CPU-Z.

Sorry for delay !
This laptop is at work.
I attached the report.
Btw, these are the RAMs i bought : http://www.pcgarage.ro/memorii-notebook/...annel-kit/


Attached Files
.txt   TOOTHY-PC.txt (Size: 50.02 KB / Downloads: 2)
find
quote
#4
Your laptop is based on GM965 chipset. It supports maximum effective speed for memory - 667 Mhz. DIMMs work as DDR2‑667 now, in dual channels mode. All OK.
find
quote
#5
(07-27-2017, 03:34 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Your laptop is based on GM965 chipset. It supports maximum effective speed for memory - 667 Mhz. DIMMs work as DDR2‑667 now, in dual channels mode.  All OK.

Hi !
Thanks for your answer !
Are you sure ?

All i see in cpu-z and that report is 400 mhz maximum and "Memory Frequency 332.5 MHz (3:5)" which I am not sure what it means.

I never had dual channel before so i might not understand these readings.
find
quote
#6
(07-28-2017, 12:56 AM)drtoothy Wrote: All i see in cpu-z and that report is 400 mhz maximum and "Memory Frequency 332.5 MHz (3:5)" which I am not sure what it means.
DDR is double data rate, so effective speed is double of real frequency.
It means that your DIMMs can work as DDR2‑800, but work as DDR2‑667 now.
find
quote
#7
(07-28-2017, 01:47 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(07-28-2017, 12:56 AM)drtoothy Wrote: All i see in cpu-z and that report is 400 mhz maximum and "Memory Frequency 332.5 MHz (3:5)" which I am not sure what it means.
DDR is double data rate, so effective speed is double of real frequency.
It means that your DIMMs can work as DDR2‑800, but work as DDR2‑667 now.

Thank you for the explanation and for your time !

I guess no need for modded bios for now.
Do you think it could be done for it in the future ?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)