Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6363
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14009
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 111
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424493
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3626
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 291
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 315
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224612
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119177
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6792
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 417
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309744
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61972
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20285
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169365
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6355
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 832

SL8MA Support on SuperMicro X6DHE-XB
#1
Can the SL8MA support be added to the SuperMicro X6DHE-XB?

I have included the bios for the X6DAi-G2 that supports the SL8MA and the X6DHE-XB that does not include support.

These boards\bios's appear to be very similar. I think the cpuid for SL8MA is 0F48h.

I put both SL8MA to my X6DHE-XB but bios says physical count : 1, only 1 cpu detected and windows 7 detects also 1 cpu/2 cores/4 threads.

Is it possible to add SL8MA cpu support to my old server? I have read through previous postings and saw that it have been done on an Iwill DH800 motherboard.

If anything else is needed in order to do this, please let me know.

Thank you in advance,

~jonnyboy



***EDIT***
I have found a blog post that shows how to add the microcode to the bios. I will be setting up a 32-bit OS and attempt this a little later this evening. I will post back my success or failure.

The tools listed would not extract the bios, so I'll keep looking. I would very much appreciate any help.

UPDATE...
I am trying another bios that is very similar but supports the dual core SL8MA cpu's. It does not have all of the PCI-x support, but it is a start.
Should have been more patient. I think that now I will need a new chip. More reading ahead.
I have tried the Crisis Recovery Tool with no success, the computer powers up, but not lights on keyboard or fdd. It looks like I will have to wait for a replacement chip.
Anyone have any ideas?
find
quote
#2
Sorry for the long delay , i've been on holiday!! Big Grin

Here is the SuperMicro X6DHE-XB bios with the microcode from the X6DAi-G2

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/SuperMicr...34s282.zip

Try at your own risk. i look forward to receiving your feedback Big Grin

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#3
Thank you. I will try later this week. I need to wait for a new chip.
find
quote
#4
It did not work as posted. I should say, it booted the same as stock, the first CPU is used - both cores plus HT, the second CPU is not recognized.

I tried adding a few lines to the ACPI and retried it.

This:
Scope(_PR) {
Processor(CPU0,0x00,0x00000000,0x00){}
Processor(CPU1,0x01,0x00000000,0x00){}
Processor(CPU2,0x02,0x00000000,0x00){}
Processor(CPU3,0x03,0x00000000,0x00){}
}

To:
Scope(_PR) {
Processor(CPU0,0x00,0x00000000,0x00){}
Processor(CPU1,0x01,0x00000000,0x00){}
Processor(CPU2,0x02,0x00000000,0x00){}
Processor(CPU3,0x03,0x00000000,0x00){}
Processor(CPU4,0x04,0x00000000,0x00){}
Processor(CPU5,0x05,0x00000000,0x00){}
Processor(CPU6,0x06,0x00000000,0x00){}
Processor(CPU7,0x07,0x00000000,0x00){}
}


This caused a failure to boot. I am very new to modding so, I obviously did something wrong. I used Phoenix Bios Editor to edit and save the changes. Any advice or suggestions. I have additional bios chips, so I can continue testing changes.

Thank you
In my initial posting, I made an error. Instead of doing the proper research, I used information from another post for the for the details of the alternate bios. After your modded bios failed, I did my own research and found that the posted bios does not have support for the dual core SL8MA CPU's.

The original bios is from the SuperMicro X6DHE-XB board. {Download BIOS}
The alternate bios is from the SuperMicro X6DHE-G2+ board. It shows the correct CPU that I am tryng to add and is using the same chipset. {Download BIOS}

The CPUID remains the same at 0F48h.

This time, I am certain that the information is correct. Could you please assist with another mod?

Thank you
find
quote
#5
Ive updated the download link with the new rom containing the microcode from the X6DHE-G2+

Try at your own risk!

Good luck!

Admin
find
quote
#6
(04-03-2011, 07:54 AM)1234s282 Wrote: Ive updated the download link with the new rom containing the microcode from the X6DHE-G2+

Try at your own risk!

Good luck!

Admin

Thank you for your efforts. I tried this one also. It still boots the same way. It sees and recognizes CPU0, both cores and the hyper threads. It still does not use or see the CPU1. I again tried adding the additional CPU's in the ACPI file with no luck. I am learning as I go and will keep trying anything that you have the time to offer.

Thank you
find
quote
#7
Hello,

I found an explanation of how to insert the microcode. I followed it, exactly. It boots, but still does not allow for the second cpu. I then added the additional cpu's into the ACPI, with the same results.
Is there anything else within the bios that may need to be edited? All of the help has been greatly appreciated.

Thank you
find
quote
#8
Can anyone tell me what each of the different roms, inside the bios, does? Or, point me to a reference page that can explain the roms? I am trying to see where the cpu's are being referenced and what is different in the 2 bios'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
find
quote
#9
Hi, I hope something happened in the year 2011 Wink
Now, I have a problem like you, but my mobo is the x6dhe-g, and I bought 2 paxvilles (SL8MA), too. Or is there anything else wrong with our boards whatfor they don't support the new CPU's?
I hope everybody can understand... Sorry, I come from Germany Wink
find
quote
#10
Well i've given the mod one more update , the microcode entry for 0F48 cpu's was in the donor bios and not in the original and i've managed to merge it into the original bios now.

Good luck! - Same download link

Admin
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)