Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
Rog Strix B650E-F BIOS File Extraction
Last Post: panmetrix24
Today 11:25 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 30
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Pipo89
Today 06:47 AM
» Replies: 236
» Views: 69378
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: onetapxdf
Today 03:37 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1306
[REQUEST] Lenovo G400S (7BCNxxWW) Whitel...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 03:14 AM
» Replies: 203
» Views: 70331
[REQUEST] Lenovo V570(c) (44CNxxWW) BIOS...
Last Post: d3m3n7r
Yesterday 05:20 PM
» Replies: 18
» Views: 11104
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y520-15IKBN (4KCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: ati90
Yesterday 05:02 AM
» Replies: 64
» Views: 36890
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: SteamTug
Yesterday 04:24 AM
» Replies: 1734
» Views: 544379
[REQUEST] Lenovo G410 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Yesterday 03:58 AM
» Replies: 53
» Views: 10718
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: Brutoloco
04-21-2024 08:22 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 494
[REQUEST] LG GRAM 14T990 Unlock request
Last Post: riclausk
04-21-2024 12:15 PM
» Views: 4202
[REQUEST] SLIC 2.1 for ASRock 880GM-LE F...
Last Post: amijim
04-21-2024 10:27 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 111
[REQUEST] Dell Alienware 15 R3 BIOS Unlo...
Last Post: jason.exe
04-21-2024 03:44 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 165
[REQUEST] Samsung NP450R5G unlock hide s...
Last Post: magg
04-21-2024 12:54 AM
» Views: 159
lenovo e595 20nf bios spw unlock
Last Post: vsteez
04-20-2024 07:56 PM
» Views: 155
uefi mod for mac pro 1.1/21. support xeo...
Last Post: victorgbrmrr
04-20-2024 01:17 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 166
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
04-20-2024 07:24 AM
» Replies: 1974
» Views: 659745
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 (HEE...
Last Post: MAVARACOMPLEX
04-20-2024 03:23 AM
» Replies: 121
» Views: 22202
[REQUEST] - ACER ASPIRE 2012 BIOS with U...
Last Post: Aspire
04-20-2024 03:21 AM
» Views: 129
[WORKING] Asus P8Z77-V: NVMe BOOT Suppor...
Last Post: 0nlythebest
04-19-2024 08:35 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 22944
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad SL400 & SL500 ...
Last Post: ivan333bor
04-19-2024 04:54 PM
» Views: 6877

Sabertooth X58 Bios mod
I ment the QPI/Dram voltage, was to lazy to write the whole name Smile
find
@VaLeRO if you actually need 1.4v to stabilize 16gb of memory at 1600mhz, you have a terrible uncore. When you have to go above 1.3v to uncore you need to rethink your overclock goals.

If you down clocked your memory to 1333 with tuned timings, you would need less uncore voltage. Thus causing less heat. Then you could probably push your core 1 (maybe 2) more multipliers which would out perform your current setup.
find
(12-05-2018, 02:20 PM)pir8man Wrote: @VaLeRO if you actually need 1.4v to stabilize 16gb of memory at 1600mhz, you have a terrible uncore.  When you have to go above 1.3v to uncore you need to rethink your overclock goals.  

If you down clocked your memory to 1333 with tuned timings, you would need less uncore voltage.  Thus causing less heat.  Then you could probably push your core 1 (maybe 2) more multipliers which would out perform your current setup.

Interesting, I will try this out with 1333, while watching at the QPI/Dram voltage value. To do this, I need to flash your modified BIOS, might be tomorrow to check.

Now I understand the warning message in the modified BIOS, this occured when I had the overclock Ai on Auto and only changed the DRAM Frequency to 1600.

I could choose 2 option:
*To not modify the QPI/Dram voltage based on DRAM Frequency needs.
*To modify the QPI/Dram voltage based on DRAM Frequency needs.

Could this be the reason why it didn't boot with the modified BIOS? Because of the QPI/Dram voltage value? Does that mean that the stock BIOS isn't that well made, like kind of failsafe? It kinda looks like to me.

Forgot to add an extra detail, the warning message occurred only when I reached 1600, below that I didn't had a message. Which should mean that the uncore isn't to high.
Sounds to me plausible that it could be the reason of it.
find
Just because XMP sets a voltage, that does not mean this is what your CPU needs to run those speeds/timings, those are programmed guesses as what 'Might be plenty for all CPU's in the world to function with their memory" Often it's fine at stock manually set, but with 16GB usually need a little more and that is why I suggested 1.2-1.3. At 999-24 and 2T, you can probably use stock manually set or lower range of what I mentioned like 1.2-1.25

For your XMP, that's not really a "needs" thing, that is common generally low speed, with very loose timings, the only reason you might need a little more is because 4x4GB is often a little tough for X58

I doubt this has anything to do with the mod BIOS. Maybe some other bug due to XMP selection and the changes made during the mod. I don't see this "Any version" within the thread, so I can't see what pir8man's change log was for that file. What do you need in a "Mod BIOS" and I can make you one that will work fine. If you do not use something don't get it updated (@Marvell 91xx=sucks) Big Grin
find
(12-05-2018, 03:08 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Just because XMP sets a voltage, that does not mean this is what your CPU needs to run those speeds/timings, those are programmed guesses as what 'Might be plenty for all CPU's in the world to function with their memory"  Often it's fine at stock manually set, but with 16GB usually need a little more and that is why I suggested 1.2-1.3.  At 999-24 and 2T, you can probably use stock manually set or lower range of what I mentioned like 1.2-1.25

For your XMP, that's not really a "needs" thing, that is common generally low speed, with very loose timings, the only reason you might need a little more is because 4x4GB is often a little tough for X58

I doubt this has anything to do with the mod BIOS.  Maybe some other bug due to XMP selection and the changes made during the mod.  I don't see this "Any version" within the thread, so I can't see what pir8man's change log was for that file.  What do you need in a "Mod BIOS" and I can make you one that will work fine.  If you do not use something don't get it updated (@Marvell 91xx=sucks) Big Grin

Alright, I uploaded the latest mod version from pir8man or see post #50, inside de zip file there is a changelog. It could be what you're saying.
Once I tried again with modded version, the issue came back, black screen on boot. It seems something went wrong in that modded file.
Doesn't matter what I do in the Overclock Ai tuner, I will get black screen on boot.

I'm on this moment on stock version with only DRAM Frequency on 1333 and seems to work. This without choosing the XMP profile, but then, I have to play manually with the values (I think). I'm sure, it could be fine with everything on auto, but I see you guys knows better what the values should be to work just fine with this RAM setup. Smile

I try to squeeze every bit performance from my system for as long as I can use it with gaming and for work, until I can afford to buy a new PC. Smile

Attached Files
.rar   SabertoothX58-1402-S21.rar (Size: 2.2 MB / Downloads: 20)
find
(12-05-2018, 11:41 PM)ValeRO Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 03:08 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Just because XMP sets a voltage, that does not mean this is what your CPU needs to run those speeds/timings, those are programmed guesses as what 'Might be plenty for all CPU's in the world to function with their memory"  Often it's fine at stock manually set, but with 16GB usually need a little more and that is why I suggested 1.2-1.3.  At 999-24 and 2T, you can probably use stock manually set or lower range of what I mentioned like 1.2-1.25

I doubt this has anything to do with the mod BIOS.  Maybe some other bug due to XMP selection and the changes made during the mod.  I don't see this "Any version" within the thread, so I can't see what pir8man's change log was for that file.  What do you need in a "Mod BIOS" and I can make you one that will work fine.  If you do not use something don't get it updated (@Marvell 91xx=sucks) Big Grin

Alright, I uploaded the latest mod version from pir8man or see post #50, inside de zip file there is a changelog. It could be what you're saying.
Once I tried again with modded version, the issue came back, black screen on boot. It seems something went wrong in that modded file.
Doesn't matter what I do in the Overclock Ai tuner, I will get black screen on boot.

I'm on this moment on stock version with only DRAM Frequency on 1333 and seems to work. This without choosing the XMP profile, but then, I have to play manually with the values (I think). I'm sure, it could be fine with everything on auto, but I see you guys knows better what the values should be to work just fine with this RAM setup. Smile

I try to squeeze every bit performance from my system for as long as I can use it with gaming and for work, until I can afford to buy a new PC. Smile

I had another thought.  you are probably having issue because you are attempting to run your dual channel memory kit(s) in triple channel.  This gains you no performance and is harder on the MCU.  change it to what the XMP profile is optimized for 2xdual channel and it should perform correctly again.

you currently get triple channel speed to 12GB and single channel to the remaining 4GB. as testing found triple channel was not any better than dual (why the next generations went back to dual channel), you would get better performance with dual channel to the full 16GB.
The MCU should be able to run this at the XMP profile with stock voltage.  If not, let us know.

Also, if you memory was a full 4x4GB kit then you are fine.  If it was two separate 2x4GB kits, you may want to add 1 to Command Rate to start with.  The XMP profile on a 2x4GB kit does not take into account that it will ever be paired with more memory. an extra CR may be necessary until you can test it out later.
find
I found something was overlooked in S21/S22 updates.  I have redone them from scratch and reposted the fixed versions to a Gdrive location: HERE
find
I agree with pir8man's first comment, if these are dual channel kits (or 4x4 kit) they are not made for X58 really. This I know causes issue due to certain sub-timings not being set properly for X58, which is much worse when you have 4x4GB. Mainly these would be tRFC and tFAW (Four Act WinTime) and tRRD (RAS# to RAS# Delay). Auto is setting tRFC way too low I'm sure, I'll go back after I post this and check your images to see if you added any that show some current sub-timings or not. I see in your HWInfo shot, TRFC 208, that's not nearly enough for X58 and 16GB, start around 320 in the BIOS (Or if it wont go that high set max).

Please download and run these, and post screenshots, Run whichever CPU-Tweaker works for your system (can't remember if both work in X58 or not), so we can see all other subtimings the board is auto-applying - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...5342267233

Command rate 1T will only make stability worse, and require more voltage on the memory controller, don't do that!

pir8man, triple and quad channel have always proven to be much better than dual, and have continued through the upgrade stream on the higher end platforms (X79-X99, x299). Dual channel remains constant on the mid-range boards, X58 and it's successors are considered a higher tier/performing platform.

Also, X58 can run 4 Dimm's in triple channel, but you have to install memory into the correct slots per each board.
Here is how this works for this board
[Image: nqbpzdh.jpg]
find
(12-06-2018, 02:50 AM)pir8man Wrote: I found something was overlooked in S21/S22 updates.  I have redone them from scratch and reposted the fixed versions to a Gdrive location: HERE

I tried to flash S21 any version, but gave me an error: Boot Block file invalid.
find
Yes, it is a 4x4 kit and had it put like it shows in the layout with red marked. Oh [censored].. Smile

This screenshot is with stock BIOS, with XMP profile, DRAM Frequency on 1333 and QPI/Dram voltage on 1.25: https://imgur.com/a/lTvqHET
This one with stock BIOS, on Auto, DRAM Frequency on 1333 and QPI/Dram voltage on Auto: https://imgur.com/a/iJwNj41
find