Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 794
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108006
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9214
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8765
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14356
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425639
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3844
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 534
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 724
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227573
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119716
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6999
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 621
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310591
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

Shutdown IGP (nv hybrid graphics)
#1
Hi all, this is my first thread and im new to bios moding so be easy on me.

I bought a hp dm3 (1104tx) which has a nvidia dGPU and an intel iGPU (hybrid graphics, not optimus), the problem is that i cant use the "official" nvidia driver for linux, unless i can hardware-shutdown the IGP (see nvidia driver release notes), the bios (Insyde) has no options to shut down the iGPU and HP wont listen to my request.

Now, I own an HP mini 311 and i've found a moded bios to unlock hidden features in the bios (insyde once again),and im pretty sure my dm3 has a hidden option to shut down the IGP.

So... I need to mod my bios, this is really urgent as I have some CUDA work to do for uni.

I'm really n00b here so, where should I look for info? I know this has to do with the DSDT but i cant really tell.

I can post my current BIOS/other info on request.

THANK YOU A LOT!

Sorry for my English, I love the language but I haven't mastered it.
find
quote
#2
unhiding insyde bios options? your doing better than we are! Tongue

Seriously though if you have unlocke stuff already is highly unlikely that you can unlock anymore. if the features not there in the bios and the manufacturer doesnt add it then we cant help Sad

Although im not definately going to look at the mini 311 bios Smile

Admin
find
quote
#3
(11-05-2010, 05:26 AM)1234s282 Wrote: unhiding insyde bios options? your doing better than we are! Tongue

Seriously though if you have unlocke stuff already is highly unlikely that you can unlock anymore. if the features not there in the bios and the manufacturer doesnt add it then we cant help Sad

Although im not definately going to look at the mini 311 bios Smile

Admin

Sorry, I think, I couldn't express myself correctly, I meant this:

-need to disable IGP on HP DM3
-also have mini 311 whit hacked bios from this forum http://myhpmini.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=3744
-that hacked bios (insyde) has options to disable IGP if any (it does not have a dGPU therefore iGPU is the only option)
-Need to figure out how to unlock same setting in DM3

Thanks

Also it is my honor to have you in my thread
find
quote
#4
oh sorry , we cant unlock hidden settings for Insyde bioses yet Sad

Admin
find
quote
#5
Hi!

I can't be of any help; did a google search and didn't find much, will have to look into it again later on.

If you have CUDA work to do, is it feasible to install a copy of Windows onto a partition? You could download system-rescue-CD, make a 10GB partition for XP or 40GB partition for Win7, and get your CUDA work done, while waiting for nVidia to update their drivers, or for someone to find a hack to make it work on computers where you can't disable the IGP? Smile

ASUS A8JR : 3GB Ram, Nvidia 9650M GT 1GB Graphics (upgraded from 512MB Go7700 with custom BIOS). T7200CPU (with faster FSB and clock) - plug&play!
Apple Macbook Pro - top spec as of Mid 2012 - used it for a while, back to my ASUS as it as so much more flexible and usable!![/color]
find
quote
#6
(11-07-2010, 02:20 PM)jommoner Wrote: Hi!

I can't be of any help; did a google search and didn't find much, will have to look into it again later on.

If you have CUDA work to do, is it feasible to install a copy of Windows onto a partition? You could download system-rescue-CD, make a 10GB partition for XP or 40GB partition for Win7, and get your CUDA work done, while waiting for nVidia to update their drivers, or for someone to find a hack to make it work on computers where you can't disable the IGP? Smile

Thank you, thats exactly what I'm gonna do...

Also, I think i might have an Idea of how to mod the bios, as soon as I have time I'll try and post back.

Thank you all.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)