Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 809
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108091
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1317
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9223
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8773
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14372
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425682
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3849
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 539
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 727
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227766
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7005
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310648
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62236

[Solved] Dell Optiplex 780 Quad-Core Support
#51
hello everyone I have a PC Optiplex 780 SFF, and q8400.I was researching if you can use the Xeon processors on this pc and I saw that if you can. I downloaded an update and updated the BIOS correctly, but now I can not use my q8400, I have disabled the option of cpu support that, serves so that the Xeon is compatible. I have the A15 BIOS, and now I can not use my q8400.It is on the screen that the cpu is not supported by the system and that it consults the documentation of the computer, I can not enter Windows. I know that is my error, but I want to know if this BIOS disables the core 2 quad, in order to buy a Xeon once, since I have seen that if you can use here, for example x3363. Thank you

which Xeon processors are compatible with the Optiplex 780 SFF?
I just modified the bios of my 780 sff, and it does not recognize my q8400, if I buy the x3630, will I RECOGNIZE it?

In the bios cpu information, my q8400 does not appear, and I can not enter windows 10.
Will my motherboard have died?
the modified bios belongs to this forum and I read that a user worked for it, now it has an x3363 in optiplex 780.
find
quote
#52
KUSANAGUI777, read this thread attentively.
find
quote
#53
(01-28-2019, 01:31 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: KUSANAGUI777, read this thread attentively.

thanks, so I see if the xeon works, and it no longer recognizes the q8400, but if it recognizes the e6700, what I will do is buy the q9650. it will work?

I think so, since it is recognizing another cpu, and the bios that you download is yours, one that says: O780-A15 1067A-771.exe
find
quote
#54
Now I only have the e6700 with overclock at 3.060 ghz stable (257 in set fsb), do you have any way to go to more than that frequency? , because if I increase to 270 in set fsb there it stops after a few seconds. There goes a picture.

https://ibb.co/J2dg8FJ

when I had the q8400 I put on set fsb up to 311 and got 2,872 ghz, and here (e6700) I can not only up to 257.
I think it is for the limit of 95w, try to download your file that ends in hrd and use the Dell Client Configuration Utility application, to try to unlock the 95w limit, maybe so I can put it to 3,33.But the bios rejected the update .
Because I read that a user had an optiplex 780 and a qx9650 of 130w and could not use it, and thanks to you could use it,

I await your answer thank you.
find
quote
#55
Did you flashed my mod and tried to boot with new CPUs?
find
quote
#56
(01-29-2019, 03:46 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Did you flashed my mod and tried to boot with new CPUs?

if I did it and I currently use the e6700.From where I write to you.
find
quote
#57
Flash it and try.
find
quote
#58
(01-29-2019, 03:58 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Flash it and try.
ok I will, I hope I can overclock the e6700 or that I recognize the q8400 again my O780 SFF.
find
quote
#59
(01-29-2019, 03:58 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Flash it and try.

I ran the file. exe from windows, the pc was restarted but this image comes out:

https://ibb.co/QFYqP34
find
quote
#60
My mod is hdr-file, not exe.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)