Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424189
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3563
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 226
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 256
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223885
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119108
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6743
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 358
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309540
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61907
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 571
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20227
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169166
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6271
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 774
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5741
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61122
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274959

[Test] Request for Whitelist removal for Lenovo IdeaPad z360
#1
Hi,

I wish to change the wireless lan card, but if I change it to one the cards I wish, I got an error and the notebook stop booting... I hope that someone could help me and change the biosfile or could show me how to change it.

Thanks for your help and sorry for my bad english...

-Manufacturer: Lenovo
-Model: IdeaPad z360 - 0912
-Bios revision: 35CN22WW
-Bios Type: Phoenix
-Bios Download Link: http://download.lenovo.com/UserFiles/Dri...22WW64.exe

Current card:Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter
(PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&SUBSYS_30A117AA&REV_01)

Desired Card: Intel WLAN 4965AGN MM2 or Intel WiFi Link 1000

find
quote
#2
Uploading now non whitelisted bios, find it in second HERE of my signature. Test it and tell me Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#3
Question 
Hi,

Thanks for your work, but sadly it didn't work for me. I could flash the BIOS, but after that the Notebook shut off after POST screens. I load the Bios default Settings and all works fine. Than I change to the Intel Wifi Link 1000 Card and also got the Error Messages to check my wifi card and the Notebook stop booting.

could you please check the BIOS again? Could I send you more information to help?
Best regards.
find
quote
#4
What is the error message?

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#5
the Messages are:

ERROR
Error! Not support wireless LAN in system.
Please turn oft system and check your wireless LAN device.

I also test it with the Intel 4965 card.
find
quote
#6
hmmmm, it's strange, i'm sure i removed whitelist check.

Anyway, i made another try from scratch, so delete old file and test new one.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#7
I'm afraid, but didn't work :-(
I got again that Error message above and I only could Power off...

Something thats seems not normal after flashing the Notebook reboot, go on and go off than it goes on and Boot normally.

I upload the logfile from the flashprogram, perhaps it could help ?

http://www.mediafire.com/?id8k62lycssadu2



I also extract some Information wie "RW" about the Wireless LAN Card:

Device/Vendor ID 0x002B168C
Revision ID 0x01
Class Code 0x028000
Cacheline Size 0x10
Latency Timer 0x00
Interrupt Pin INTA
Interrupt Line IRQ17
BAR1 0xF0500004
BAR2 0x00000000
BAR3 0x00000000
BAR4 0x00000000
BAR5 0x00000000
BAR6 0x00000000
Expansion ROM 0x00000000
Subsystem ID 0x30A117AA


find
quote
#8
Hi, I check the label of the original WLAN-card.

There was named another model.

It was named as ANATEL ATH-AR5B95 or small as Atheros AR5B95. There were also many other IDs could it help if I write all information down or uploading an photo?

Edit:
Could you change the Whitelist-ID to the following?
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0083&SUBSYS_13058086&REV_00

Edit - 2:
I change the Whitelist Hardware-IDs by my self and it works fine! :-)

Is to remove the whitelist also easy ? could someone shortly tell me howto?

find
quote
#9
For removing the whitelist you need to hexedit a file too, but you need before to disassemble it and look for the code that checks that IDs on the list then figure out how to modify it to always return like if a value in that list matched.

That's quite different exchanging an ID to be recognised and completely remove whitelist checks. Smile But hey! try and if you manage to do it help me with requests in this section Smile

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#10
What a pitty, I thought I have only to fill the ids with 0 or F ... Wink
Okay... What program did you use for disassemble? w32dasm89 ?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)