Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Yesterday 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 131
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Yesterday 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 122
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 189
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1222640
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118982
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 194
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6682
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 305
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309126
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61835
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 509
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20147
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168945
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6192
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 711
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5674
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61011
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274850
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 823
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24768

Tyan Thunder K8SD Pro (S2882-D)
#1
Good day all.

I am looking for help and advice regarding making a new custom bios for my Tyan Thunder K8SD Pro (S2882-D) motherboard.

The above motherboard has a build in Silicon Image SteelVine Sil3114CTU SATA Raid Controller.

From what I have read is that the ROM used for the Sil3114 is part of the main system bios.

The current Sil3114 rom is v5.0.64, but I am having some issues and would like to try and update the rom to v5.0.73.

Tyan Thunder K8SD Pro (S2882-D) v3.09 BIOS: ftp://ftp.tyan.com/BIOS/2882-D_309.zip
Silicon Image SteelVine Sil3114CTU Rom v5.0.73: http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/BIO-003...0_5073.zip

So can anyone please advice if this is possible, and if so, how I would go about doing this?

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards.
find
quote
#2
(05-26-2011, 07:08 AM)Mad Professor Wrote: Good day all.

I am looking for help and advice regarding making a new custom bios for my Tyan Thunder K8SD Pro (S2882-D) motherboard.

The above motherboard has a build in Silicon Image SteelVine Sil3114CTU SATA Raid Controller.

From what I have read is that the ROM used for the Sil3114 is part of the main system bios.

The current Sil3114 rom is v5.0.64, but I am having some issues and would like to try and update the rom to v5.0.73.

Tyan Thunder K8SD Pro (S2882-D) v3.09 BIOS: ftp://ftp.tyan.com/BIOS/2882-D_309.zip
Silicon Image SteelVine Sil3114CTU Rom v5.0.73: http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/BIO-003...0_5073.zip

So can anyone please advice if this is possible, and if so, how I would go about doing this?

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards.
try this
http://rghost.ru/8030551
find
quote
#3
Thanks for the custom bios, Updated without any problems, the Sil3114 ROM is now shown as v5.0.73.

But I am still having the same issue.

When I try and install Ubuntu 11.04 64bit server with 2x2TB Drives setup in Raid-1 via the Sil3114 I get upto a point then get this warning.

Quote:parted was unable to re-read the partition table on /dev/mapper/sil_bhafdhcafccb (no such
file or directory). This means Linux won't know anything about the modifications you made.

If I try with only a single 2TB drive all is fine.

I have put up a post on the ubuntu forum, but as of yet I have not had any replies.

Here is my post: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1767255

There are over versions of the Sil3114 Rom here: http://www.siliconimage.com/support/searchresults.aspx?pid=28&cat=15

But I don't know if any of them are suited for my motherboard.

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards.
find
quote
#4
Could you please do the same again for me but this time with the v5.4.0.3 rom?

Tyan Thunder K8SD Pro (S2882-D) v3.09 BIOS: ftp://ftp.tyan.com/BIOS/2882-D_309.zip
Silicon Image SteelVine Sil3114CTU Rom v5.4.0.3: http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/BIO-003...0_5403.zip

Thanks again.
find
quote
#5
(05-27-2011, 06:01 AM)Mad Professor Wrote: Could you please do the same again for me but this time with the v5.4.0.3 rom?

Tyan Thunder K8SD Pro (S2882-D) v3.09 BIOS: ftp://ftp.tyan.com/BIOS/2882-D_309.zip
Silicon Image SteelVine Sil3114CTU Rom v5.4.0.3: http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/BIO-003...0_5403.zip

Thanks again.

mod http://rghost.ru/8167621
find
quote
#6
Thanks again.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)