Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.64 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6374
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14014
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424521
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3629
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 215
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 319
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224697
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119180
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6796
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 421
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309771
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61979
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 633
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20290
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169395
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6361
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 837

(UEFI) Dell XPS 15z L511z modded BIOS - and HOWTO
#41
thx! ^_^
find
quote
#42
(01-03-2012, 02:06 PM)kasar Wrote: thx! ^_^

Hey kasar Smile

Any luck with the recovery.fd image? Let me know if you need any help!

I'm planning to work on the unlocking of the BIOS options over the weekend, at the moment I'm waiting for Ahmed to finish his exams, so would be good to hear if there's a successful method to recover the bios using that flashfile Wink

Cheers
jkbuha

find
quote
#43
sadly nope Sad
i was talking by pm with the guy, and told him to do several things but he didnt had any luck, after talk with him for a while, I didnt got response from him in some days.

it seems like he had no success unlocking the bios, at least for the moment.

i also noticed the "diagnosis tool" I got working by pressing FN + B at the l502X, also works without any kind of usb or cd rom plugged in, wich means it is some extra tool already in the bios.

weird as [censored] :O
find
quote
#44
(01-05-2012, 05:41 PM)kasar Wrote: sadly nope Sad
i was talking by pm with the guy, and told him to do several things but he didnt had any luck, after talk with him for a while, I didnt got response from him in some days.

it seems like he had no success unlocking the bios, at least for the moment.

i also noticed the "diagnosis tool" I got working by pressing FN + B at the l502X, also works without any kind of usb or cd rom plugged in, wich means it is some extra tool already in the bios.

weird as [censored] :O

Sorry to hear that kasar.

Out of interest, could you send me the complete usb flash you made for your friend's 15z, so that I could try it out on mine?

Cheers
jkbuha
find
quote
#45
ok, I created an image from it using "usb image tool",download it to restore it : )

about the image itself, here it is download

I didnt got it working anyway :/

also never tried any usb image tool till today, so I dont know if the restored img will be even bootable, give feedback plz ^^

note: (I noticed the backup image I did was from my laptop, you will need to replace the bios.wph with yours, also you will need to replace all the .fd files by yours and renaming them like I did with mine)
find
quote
#46
Didn't work for me either. I also tried another method - to format the usb stick as fat, put the bios.wph, minidos.sys and phlash16.exe and press fn+f3 - nada. I did get to see the diagnostic screen - pretty interesting Smile wonder what else is hidden in the initial boot.

Out of interest - how did you create your usb image - i couldn't find all the fd files that were referenced in your compressed image?

Cheers
jkbuha
find
quote
#47
I created the usb with the tools mentionated at the other topic

here is the DL link

http://op4gunners.com/redirect/tools/ksr..._L502X.rar

I also tried to pick the recovery fd file found in the dell's flashing folder for the l502X
so I copied it to the usb disk tooo, and renamed it to several names I read it may works on another forums, however no luck Sad

I also created the usb backup .img file using the app mentionated in my previus post, I also got a new MP from the user asking help for the BIOS recovery.

I got some bad news, he gave up with the recovery trying and contacted dell for a motherboard replacement since the laptop still covered by guarantee.

I guess we are just lucky we went so far without a single brick o.O

find
quote
#48
I've been following the thread here and on the other forums where you have been posting about bios modding-well done with all the progress specially the voltage for the vbios.

Would the text for the recovery be in the bios file? That way we could search for the string for example "dell bios recovery" in the bios rom and look for any clues regarding key combinations?
find
quote
#49
Thanks kasar - I'll give it a go (when I get round to finding a 32-bit windows somewhere) and keep you posted!

(01-08-2012, 07:46 AM)Yaks Wrote: I've been following the thread here and on the other forums where you have been posting about bios modding-well done with all the progress specially the voltage for the vbios.

Would the text for the recovery be in the bios file? That way we could search for the string for example "dell bios recovery" in the bios rom and look for any clues regarding key combinations?

Yes - actually I did this on my L511z bios just now.
Recovery is present in these two roms on my bios:

1) ED2DE537-7823-4CB1-B687-85BA9BBEF0B4_1_591.ROM - this is interesting because reading the text it seems that it might actually create a recovery disk itself.

2) C6602CDF-E16A-4147-9B9A-0B399498722A_1_1259.ROM - SystemCrisisRecoveryPei.efi

What Dell do you have?

find
quote
#50
I don't actually have a dell yet, but going to buy an L502x very soon. I have really enjoyed reading your, kasar's and Ahmed hosam's posts, and am impressed by how far you got from sharing ideas.

I wonder if there's a locked bios menu to let you create the recovery disk/USB?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 41 Guest(s)