Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.64 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 802
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108072
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1316
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9218
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8769
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14367
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425672
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227704
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119726
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 390
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7002
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310631
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62230

(UEFI) Dell XPS 15z L511z modded BIOS - and HOWTO
Great work nebster - +1 rep! Can't wait to see a one-pass mod for each new bios that comes out Smile

Had a bit of a scare now as I was experimenting with patching the intel vbios and mistakenly patched the wrong connector table so laptop booted in the dark. Thankfully I whipped out kasar's recovery cd, boot into recovery mode and flashed the replacement bios pronto. Well done kasar in creating a great automatic recovery tool! +1 added as well!

Now I'm back on v2104 until I figure out the following:

(i) why is text mode missing from v2143
(ii) what are the *minimum* patches to apply to new vbioses
(iii) where are the remaining goodies such as voltages

(11-07-2012, 02:04 PM)Florin9doi Wrote: http://a-dda.googlecode.com/svn-history/...j_64-1.dll

Thanks Florin9doi - rep added as well! Did you get my post re: what version of vbios inverted your screen?
find
quote
The brightness it's inverted. When I press Fn+F4, the brightness increase and when I press Fn+F5 the brightness decrease.
find
quote
with my bios or did you add your own connector tables?
find
quote
(11-07-2012, 04:17 PM)jkbuha Wrote: Had a bit of a scare now as I was experimenting with patching the intel vbios and mistakenly patched the wrong connector table so laptop booted in the dark. Thankfully I whipped out kasar's recovery cd, boot into recovery mode and flashed the replacement bios pronto. Well done kasar in creating a great automatic recovery tool! +1 added as well!

glad to know it worked for you Smile

I decided to focus on the recovery method since we were messing too much with the bios, and as expected, sooner or later at least one of us would need to recover its bios ^_^



if u want u can add the ISOs for the 3 mentionated systems xps15, xps17 and xps15z at your first post, near the recovery keys ^^

here is the one for l702x (need to be tested)
http://www.mediafire.com/?kx0f80q9b8bmiv4

here is the one for l502x (well tested ^^)
http://www.mediafire.com/?z4lt1n56catjme6

about the 15z one, I dont have it, so if u can upload your modified ISO for the 15z it would be nice Smile
find
quote
With unmodded file, the internal screen didn't works. After i changed the block between 0be0h and 0d00h the screen works but with inverted brightness. I'd like to know if I'm the only that have this problem and if the older vbios with 1366x768 vesa mode works in text mode.
find
quote
@Florin9doi
Didn't someone mention that wasn't the correct offset in the end?
find
quote
I don't care about the offset. i'd like to know if exist a bios with 1366 vesa and working text mode and if for the others brightness is ok...
find
quote
I wonder if I can make a new BIOS ROM with the Intel Flash Image Tool, taking the pieces from the latest L502X, but subbing in ME 8 firmware for the ME 7 firmware?
find
quote
@Florin9doi
I just meant depending on how you inserted the data there, maybe it's because it is inserted at the wrong offset meaning you're keys have been reversed somehow. Extremely unlikely but hey...

@TimeWalker
Are you sure @CodeRush's git code is correct (it didn't compile because of a merge conflict not being resolved fully but ignoring that). When I run it, it seems that some length values are being written one off. Have you tried the output?

I've pushed my changes anyway and uploaded a new windows version. It correctly recreates A17-A19 EFI BIOS's for L702X but won't correctly recreate the output from @CodeRush's tool. I'll soon make a way of patching the BIOS. Any preferred way/file format you would like for patching?
find
quote
Yes I did try th output. And another person with XPS 15 confirmed it as well actually. The program compiles and works without a hiccup even under OSX.
I had tried feeding A11 bios to it while staying on A04 myself and it fladhed properly. CodeRush pathes the PWM module slightly different, he nops the part which would otherwise be skipped after the 0xEB operand.
Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 32 Guest(s)