Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.64 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108043
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3541
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9216
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8767
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14363
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425650
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 535
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227609
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119720
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7000
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310595
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62225

(UEFI) Dell XPS 15z L511z modded BIOS - and HOWTO
yeah,I am loading the me_backup.rom directly with the app


here is the image tool 7.1.20.1119

http://www.mediafire.com/?6664zjcu62xudhz

let me know if I missed to upload any file

edit: here also are my backups

http://www.mediafire.com/?cxx5j8ir71f631t
find
quote
no idea why it shrunk down to 1,507,328 bytes .. but here you go:
nope... dont
find
quote
did you modded it?

how did you override that error?! :o

if this works you are my hero today!

Code:
C:\BIOS MOD\A12 PROJECT\modded menus\ME test\Tools\System Tools\Flash Programmin
g Tool\Windows64>fptw64.exe -ME -F modded_l502x_me_image_OC.bin

Intel (R) Flash Programming Tool. Version:  8.1.10.1286
Copyright (c) 2007 - 2012, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Platform: Intel(R) HM67 Express Chipset
Reading HSFSTS register... Flash Descriptor: Valid

    --- Flash Devices Found ---
    W25Q32BV    ID:0xEF4016    Size: 4096KB (32768Kb)


Warning: The file does not contain enough data to completely fill
         the target write area! Continuing will truncate the Write
         Length to the File Length!
            File: "modded_l502x_me_image_OC.bin"
            File Length: 1441792
            Write Length: 1568768

Do you want to continue? Y/<N> or q to quit : y

PDR Region does not exist.
GBE Region does not exist.

- Reading Flash [0x161000] 1408KB of 1408KB - 100% complete.
- Erasing Flash Block [0x002000] - 100% complete.
- Programming Flash [0x002000]    4KB of    4KB - 100% complete.
- Erasing Flash Block [0x005000] - 100% complete.
- Programming Flash [0x005000]    4KB of    4KB - 100% complete.
- Erasing Flash Block [0x00D000] - 100% complete.
- Programming Flash [0x00D000]   20KB of   20KB - 100% complete.
- Erasing Flash Block [0x011000] - 100% complete.
- Programming Flash [0x011000]    4KB of    4KB - 100% complete.
- Erasing Flash Block [0x015000] - 100% complete.
- Programming Flash [0x015000]    4KB of    4KB - 100% complete.
- Erasing Flash Block [0x01D000] - 100% complete.
- Programming Flash [0x01D000]   20KB of   20KB - 100% complete.
- Erasing Flash Block [0x021000] - 100% complete.
- Programming Flash [0x021000]    4KB of    4KB - 100% complete.
- Erasing Flash Block [0x025000] - 100% complete.
- Programming Flash [0x025000]    4KB of    4KB - 100% complete.
- Erasing Flash Block [0x02D000] - 100% complete.
- Programming Flash [0x02D000]   20KB of   20KB - 100% complete.
- Erasing Flash Block [0x033000] - 100% complete.
- Programming Flash [0x033000]   12KB of   12KB - 100% complete.
- Erasing Flash Block [0x035000] - 100% complete.
- Programming Flash [0x035000]    4KB of    4KB - 100% complete.
- Erasing Flash Block [0x092000] - 100% complete.
- Programming Flash [0x092000]  360KB of  360KB - 100% complete.
- Erasing Flash Block [0x106000] - 100% complete.
- Programming Flash [0x106000]  456KB of  456KB - 100% complete.
- Erasing Flash Block [0x159000] - 100% complete.
- Programming Flash [0x159000]  320KB of  320KB - 100% complete.
- Verifying Flash [0x161000] 1408KB of 1408KB - 100% complete.
RESULT: The data is identical.

FPT Operation Passed

C:\BIOS MOD\A12 PROJECT\modded menus\ME test\Tools\System Tools\Flash Programmin
g Tool\Windows64>

brb, rebooting ^^
find
quote
actually do use this one Big Grin
http://www.mediafire.com/?m2g631wi74uaa99

fptw64 -me -f outimage.bin

eh whatever .. it was the same one .. so you flashed the correct one.
yeah I don't know .. I just used the FITC on the file you posted.
find
quote
flashed the file


laptop doesnt boot anymore ):

black screen

(posting from my old laptop)

nothing works, cmos clear,bios recovery CD... definitly dead.

I guess my last hope is take appart the thing again and flash the flash backup again by removing phisically the chip ...

feel really depresed now
find
quote
sorry to hear that .. way to go :S looks like I'm your bitter enemy today...
at least you have a backup at hand. one more sleepless night of soldering, eh ?
if this doesn't bring you OC.. then I just would stop bothering. Until Dell gets their sh*t together and releases a Windows 8 compliant BIOS updated we have reached *the* wall.

Reading Flash [0x161000] <-- that was suspicious indeed .. should have said 0x180000.
find
quote
well, like I told you I consider myself lucky for was able to desolder and resolder the chip from the mobo and the laptop were able to boot.

however chances I get this working again are slim.

well, if for some reason I am able to recover the computer, I think I will give up for the bios stuff for some time, I feel tired.

as for you, dont worry, it isnt your fault, have a complete brick was a risk I asumed when I went into this ^^
find
quote
regardless of what you do .. I wish you the best of luck.
but if I were you .. I would take some sleep first and then attempt reviving the frankenstein in the morning... unless you slept through the day, because otherwise chances of you [censored] up while being in this state are pretty high .. lack of sleep+disappointment = not really a good motivator to work when all you can think of is "¿cojones para que lo hice esto?" :S
find
quote
"¿cojones para que lo hice esto?"

yeah, that is exactly what I think now.

well, the good point is that I have the programer almost ready, the wires are there, and also have a usb stick with everything in, but the soldering stuff is still required, that is why I tried to do a external flashing port in the begining, to avoid this, but the wires plus the motherboard components made me unable to get a proper dump and of course being unable to flash anything.

I have the motherboard again in my hands, took apart the whole laptop now.

ok, chip removed aparently ok.


almost 50% work made :o

any of u interested in getting the corrupted firmware dump to investigate what caused the issue?

finished soldering the chip to the programer, going to connect it to desktop parallel port now
find
quote
yeah, lets see what this [censored] fpt has flashed on there ...
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 32 Guest(s)