Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.64 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 806
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108089
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1316
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9220
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8771
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14370
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425676
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3848
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 538
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 726
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227725
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7003
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 627
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310636
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62234

(UEFI) Dell XPS 15z L511z modded BIOS - and HOWTO
(02-11-2013, 07:12 AM)jkbuha Wrote: I have a couple of questions:
1) Does Windows in BIOS mode use DSDT, or is ACPI purely used by UEFI-booting?
2) How did you actually compile the DSDT - is it simply iasl or did you use some additional parameters?
1. Every OS uses ACPI, Boot mode has nothing to do with it...
2. -d for decompiling with iasl, -oa for compiling

@kasar
thanks, i figured the reason it failed for me.. and HxD doesn't help in W8 either.

@Brabbelbla
HairyCube did boot with FOWM commented out... but as he has Legacy OS installed it didn't do anything except broke RF toggle Smile
find
quote
@jkbuha your config file just gives me the old white screen on boot(which reminds me your old edid method involved chameleon how do you solve for it now on clover).....i'm guessing its device preoperties differences.......anyways using my own config i get sound skipping if i move up my fsb above 100.
find
quote
@timewalker

oh, glad to know you fixed it Smile

what was the issue?

@t6590
on windows, I fixed the sound skipping by changing some things and doing some tweaks while using the 100+ fsb, but sure in other OS

anyway I never got clover working with my windows installation ):
find
quote
Windows 8 IS the issue lol Big Grin
Clover will not work with out Phoenix, the Legacy Init is broken, because UEFI never worked properly in the first place.

A fix for touchpad Fn+F3 on Win8 is possible now Smile verified by HairyCube.
Huh, Dell .. we have a saying for this... "If the mountain won’t go to Mohammed, Mohammed must go to the mountain"
find
quote
haha, glad I didnt updated then Tongue

windows 7 = still awesome, dont need to update, the only thing I will get will be headache configuring stuff again and reinstalling some stuff, also will have probably compatibility issues.

so , it seems I can discard clover definitly as for windows use.

*-*

it seems I reached the max OC posible then via ME firmware hacks D:

I can try disable usb ports to see if I can get a little extra power, but I think lose the entire usb ports feature just for a little more OC is not worth of it :/
find
quote
(02-11-2013, 08:20 AM)t6590 Wrote: @jkbuha your config file just gives me the old white screen on boot(which reminds me your old edid method involved chameleon how do you solve for it now on clover).....i'm guessing its device preoperties differences.......anyways using my own config i get sound skipping if i move up my fsb above 100.

No the EDID method is twofold:

1) Via Chameleon (or Clover) you need to inject device properties to support dual channel - otherwise my 1080p display doesn't even power up.

2) The EDID override is only possible via System/Library/Display/Overrides, and is documented as per my method on tony's site. So it doesnt make a difference whether I use Clover or Chameleon as the fix is applied at session loading.

Obviously my config.plist file is to make my display fire up properly, which is why it won't work for yours directly. However sound worked fine on my machine at 125MHz FSB. Not sure if it's because the i7 supports a higher spread spectrum?
find
quote
Uhm, now that @HairyCube has figured a way of modifying the module it's technically possible to alter SSDTs as well, this said voltage could be lowered on CPU by altering CPU _CST data according to ACPI specification...
Also notifying AndyP about a bug of the 7E374E25-8E01-4FEE-87F2-390C23C606CD module checksum not adjusting properly is a smart idea to make this procedure automated.
find
quote
Hmmm good points:

1) Why would modifying the SSDT's in the BIOS change the voltage - I mean I've done this in OSX at runtime but the voltages still remain the same (I think, though I've never actually measured them in OSX, not sure if you can though - as they have to be reported through SMC?)

2) Good point re: AndyP. I'll drop him a PM.
find
quote
You've done what at runtime? You are using DropOemSSDT to drop original OEM tables and GenerateCStates to use something slice has hardcoded into his generator which never ever change. I'm not even sure where you are getting you P-States from, probably from predefined plist in PlatformPlugin ??? Not a particularly good idea if you ask me. Besides <key>DsdtName</key> has a default value of <string>DSDT.aml</string>, so there's little to no pint in duplicating this.

AFAIK you can get this reported from IntelCPUMontor, we don't have real SMC and never will, even though our ITE chip is technically an SMSC chip..

I've dropped a post on MDL forum already, not sure how close he's reading his thread though. I've already posted about versions after 2.07 going bananas about firmware volume header missing, but it's still present as of 2.13.
find
quote
could someone please explain why there isnt an a12 modded bios with undervolted gt550m vbios? I read through 10 pages and cant figure out why they are not available since before there were older modded bios with gt550m bios? i read its some sort of incompatibility? if so could i please get someone to tell me what is the incompatibility?

and maybe could someone make an a12 bios with undervolted 550m vbios for me to try if its safe?

thank you.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 28 Guest(s)