Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: sakmarksaw
Today 03:45 AM
» Replies: 2320
» Views: 657687
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 (HEE...
Last Post: MAVARACOMPLEX
Today 03:23 AM
» Replies: 121
» Views: 22065
[REQUEST] - ACER ASPIRE 2012 BIOS with U...
Last Post: Aspire
Today 03:21 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 32
[WORKING] Asus P8Z77-V: NVMe BOOT Suppor...
Last Post: 0nlythebest
Yesterday 08:35 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 22814
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad SL400 & SL500 ...
Last Post: ivan333bor
Yesterday 04:54 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 6793
uefi mod for mac pro 1.1/21. support xeo...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 02:50 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 98
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Yesterday 02:48 PM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 373
[REQUEST] DNS A35FB, Pegatron A35
Last Post: Polkash51
Yesterday 01:28 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2853
ASUS R1F CPU upgrade
Yesterday 12:22 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 197
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 (8ACNxx...
Last Post: psycomaffo
04-18-2024 10:36 AM
» Replies: 69
» Views: 26139
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
04-17-2024 05:04 PM
» Views: 156
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
04-17-2024 03:23 PM
» Views: 140
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
04-17-2024 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6241
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
04-17-2024 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 220200
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
04-17-2024 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 211
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
04-17-2024 08:28 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 211
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98875
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 24128
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 324856
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 1094

[UNLOCKED] Unlocking amd-v for Aspire AO725
The 2.12 link is dead, does anyone still have the file?
find
Link is fine.
find
Yeah the link was fine. Flashed 2.12 with the Fn+Esc method, and it worked just as fine as when I flashed 2.04. However upon booting into Windows I noticed that the BT/Wifi button (FN+F3) was broken. Someone else had also mentioned this as an issue earlier. I also noticed that my strange issues with cpu power states and sleep wasn't fixed either, the whole reason I flashed 2.12 (CPU would sometimes be stuck at 0,8 ghz, the lowest power state, but apparently this was an OS (8.1) issue it seems.)

So I decided to go back to 2.04. Used the same file as everyone else in this thread, and the same Fn+Esc method. All seems fine, USB drive is blinking etc. After a while the computer turns off, and that was it. Would not start again, in fact, the blue LED that would always be lit when plugged in isn't even lit anymore. The power button does nothing, Fn+Esc does nothing. It seems as if there is not even any power connected. Have unlugged battery and charger, waited, held down the power button for a minute... It is as bricked as it could possibly get.

I have not tried removing the CMOS battery yet (requires taking the whole thing apart), but I very much doubt this would work since the power LED is not even lit up when I plug in the charger.

Is this usual? I have never heard of anyone totally bricking this hard before, in any case ever. Usually you at least get some power briefly, but in my case there is nothing whatsoever.

Time for a new laptop Sad
find
I sold my AO725 and now I will avoid Acer products Smile
find
(02-09-2014, 06:54 PM)ssshadow Wrote: So I decided to go back to 2.04. Used the same file as everyone else in this thread, and the same Fn+Esc method. All seems fine, USB drive is blinking etc. After a while the computer turns off, and that was it. Would not start again, in fact, the blue LED that would always be lit when plugged in isn't even lit anymore. The power button does nothing, Fn+Esc does nothing. It seems as if there is not even any power connected. Have unlugged battery and charger, waited, held down the power button for a minute... It is as bricked as it could possibly get.

Have you found any solution for this brick yet? I also bricked mine Sad
find
Ok friends,

I dedicated some time to understand and I can say that problem may be the Encapsulated Bios version used in unlocked version !
I haven't the modded file in question (it's not available for download) so if anyone want to reupload i will be glad to check and confirm what I said.
But the original 2.12 version is Encapsulated, so We have to extract original pure one from it to mod and reflash.
If We use Encapsulated one the effect will be Always a Brick, or by InsydeFlash or by Recovery, both will produce a Brick !!!
So I have done a version new from decapsulated pure file and I post here, I guess (as I never have tried to flash by InsydeFlash an decapsulated bios and I will like to get answers about it, but I cannot ak this to You, there is brick possibility) the best way to reflash is the Recovery mode, You used before.
So rename modded bios as recovery bios name ZHGBIOS.fd and put it into USB Dos bootable and try it !

http://rghost.net/52927511

Let me know, if that Brick Sequel is been interrupted !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
(02-20-2014, 04:21 AM)pollob666 Wrote:
(02-09-2014, 06:54 PM)ssshadow Wrote: So I decided to go back to 2.04. Used the same file as everyone else in this thread, and the same Fn+Esc method. All seems fine, USB drive is blinking etc. After a while the computer turns off, and that was it. Would not start again, in fact, the blue LED that would always be lit when plugged in isn't even lit anymore. The power button does nothing, Fn+Esc does nothing. It seems as if there is not even any power connected. Have unlugged battery and charger, waited, held down the power button for a minute... It is as bricked as it could possibly get.

Have you found any solution for this brick yet? I also bricked mine Sad
No, sorry. I tried removing the CMOS battery, but as expected it doesn't make a difference. Since it's bricked so hard that not even the power LED is lit up when plugged in, it is safe to say there is no chance of recovery whatsoever.

Really stupid of Acer or Insyde or whoever is responsible to have the recovery flasher on the same chip as the BIOS. It's like, when you really need it to recover from a failed flash, it won't work, because the recovery itself also gets bricked in the process... Huh

Perhaps one could JTAG flash a new BIOS, or something of that nature... but there is no info on the net about doing it for this computer. I don't even know if there are any connectors for it on the motherboard. And even if there are, since not even a single LED flashes or anything, it looks pretty unlikely to work.

(03-09-2014, 03:03 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Ok friends,

I dedicated some time to understand and I can say that problem may be the Encapsulated Bios version used in unlocked version !
I haven't the modded file in question (it's not available for download) so if anyone want to reupload i will be glad to check and confirm what I said.
But the original 2.12 version is Encapsulated, so We have to extract original pure one from it to mod and reflash.
If We use Encapsulated one the effect will be Always a Brick, or by InsydeFlash or by Recovery, both will produce a Brick !!!
So I have done a version new from decapsulated pure file and I post here, I guess (as I never have tried to flash by InsydeFlash an decapsulated bios and I will like to get answers about it, but I cannot ak this to You, there is brick possibility) the best way to reflash is the Recovery mode, You used before.
So rename modded bios as recovery bios name ZHGBIOS.fd and put it into USB Dos bootable and try it !

http://rghost.net/52927511

Let me know, if that Brick Sequel is been interrupted !
Regards
Your link is dead.
find
Ok New link Acer Aspire One 725 v. 2.12 here :

http://rghost.net/53860042

regards

[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
find
Ok, but where's the option to turn AMD-V on? I can't seem to find it in this version and Windows still tells me, it is disabled...

-.-
find
(04-15-2014, 03:14 PM)ThatOneAss Wrote: Ok, but where's the option to turn AMD-V on? I can't seem to find it in this version and Windows still tells me, it is disabled...

I am not magician so i cannot see Menu Tabs on my laptop, so
if You can upload some or all Menu Tabs Screen Shots I can look it
me too and can find what is shown and what I can unhide yet
(may be AMD-V) !
I will wait your upload and then will reply
Regards

Here another user flashed my modded bios and said AMD-V activated !
Look here :

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Ac...7#pid69697

Regrds

find