Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424447
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3618
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 279
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 205
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 305
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224505
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119169
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6786
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 405
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309718
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61964
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20278
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169310
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6350
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 824
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61200

[UNLOCKED] Unlocking amd-v for Aspire AO725
#41
The 2.12 link is dead, does anyone still have the file?
find
quote
#42
Link is fine.
find
quote
#43
Yeah the link was fine. Flashed 2.12 with the Fn+Esc method, and it worked just as fine as when I flashed 2.04. However upon booting into Windows I noticed that the BT/Wifi button (FN+F3) was broken. Someone else had also mentioned this as an issue earlier. I also noticed that my strange issues with cpu power states and sleep wasn't fixed either, the whole reason I flashed 2.12 (CPU would sometimes be stuck at 0,8 ghz, the lowest power state, but apparently this was an OS (8.1) issue it seems.)

So I decided to go back to 2.04. Used the same file as everyone else in this thread, and the same Fn+Esc method. All seems fine, USB drive is blinking etc. After a while the computer turns off, and that was it. Would not start again, in fact, the blue LED that would always be lit when plugged in isn't even lit anymore. The power button does nothing, Fn+Esc does nothing. It seems as if there is not even any power connected. Have unlugged battery and charger, waited, held down the power button for a minute... It is as bricked as it could possibly get.

I have not tried removing the CMOS battery yet (requires taking the whole thing apart), but I very much doubt this would work since the power LED is not even lit up when I plug in the charger.

Is this usual? I have never heard of anyone totally bricking this hard before, in any case ever. Usually you at least get some power briefly, but in my case there is nothing whatsoever.

Time for a new laptop Sad
find
quote
#44
I sold my AO725 and now I will avoid Acer products Smile
find
quote
#45
(02-09-2014, 06:54 PM)ssshadow Wrote: So I decided to go back to 2.04. Used the same file as everyone else in this thread, and the same Fn+Esc method. All seems fine, USB drive is blinking etc. After a while the computer turns off, and that was it. Would not start again, in fact, the blue LED that would always be lit when plugged in isn't even lit anymore. The power button does nothing, Fn+Esc does nothing. It seems as if there is not even any power connected. Have unlugged battery and charger, waited, held down the power button for a minute... It is as bricked as it could possibly get.

Have you found any solution for this brick yet? I also bricked mine Sad
find
quote
#46
Ok friends,

I dedicated some time to understand and I can say that problem may be the Encapsulated Bios version used in unlocked version !
I haven't the modded file in question (it's not available for download) so if anyone want to reupload i will be glad to check and confirm what I said.
But the original 2.12 version is Encapsulated, so We have to extract original pure one from it to mod and reflash.
If We use Encapsulated one the effect will be Always a Brick, or by InsydeFlash or by Recovery, both will produce a Brick !!!
So I have done a version new from decapsulated pure file and I post here, I guess (as I never have tried to flash by InsydeFlash an decapsulated bios and I will like to get answers about it, but I cannot ak this to You, there is brick possibility) the best way to reflash is the Recovery mode, You used before.
So rename modded bios as recovery bios name ZHGBIOS.fd and put it into USB Dos bootable and try it !

http://rghost.net/52927511

Let me know, if that Brick Sequel is been interrupted !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#47
(02-20-2014, 04:21 AM)pollob666 Wrote:
(02-09-2014, 06:54 PM)ssshadow Wrote: So I decided to go back to 2.04. Used the same file as everyone else in this thread, and the same Fn+Esc method. All seems fine, USB drive is blinking etc. After a while the computer turns off, and that was it. Would not start again, in fact, the blue LED that would always be lit when plugged in isn't even lit anymore. The power button does nothing, Fn+Esc does nothing. It seems as if there is not even any power connected. Have unlugged battery and charger, waited, held down the power button for a minute... It is as bricked as it could possibly get.

Have you found any solution for this brick yet? I also bricked mine Sad
No, sorry. I tried removing the CMOS battery, but as expected it doesn't make a difference. Since it's bricked so hard that not even the power LED is lit up when plugged in, it is safe to say there is no chance of recovery whatsoever.

Really stupid of Acer or Insyde or whoever is responsible to have the recovery flasher on the same chip as the BIOS. It's like, when you really need it to recover from a failed flash, it won't work, because the recovery itself also gets bricked in the process... Huh

Perhaps one could JTAG flash a new BIOS, or something of that nature... but there is no info on the net about doing it for this computer. I don't even know if there are any connectors for it on the motherboard. And even if there are, since not even a single LED flashes or anything, it looks pretty unlikely to work.

(03-09-2014, 03:03 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Ok friends,

I dedicated some time to understand and I can say that problem may be the Encapsulated Bios version used in unlocked version !
I haven't the modded file in question (it's not available for download) so if anyone want to reupload i will be glad to check and confirm what I said.
But the original 2.12 version is Encapsulated, so We have to extract original pure one from it to mod and reflash.
If We use Encapsulated one the effect will be Always a Brick, or by InsydeFlash or by Recovery, both will produce a Brick !!!
So I have done a version new from decapsulated pure file and I post here, I guess (as I never have tried to flash by InsydeFlash an decapsulated bios and I will like to get answers about it, but I cannot ak this to You, there is brick possibility) the best way to reflash is the Recovery mode, You used before.
So rename modded bios as recovery bios name ZHGBIOS.fd and put it into USB Dos bootable and try it !

http://rghost.net/52927511

Let me know, if that Brick Sequel is been interrupted !
Regards
Your link is dead.
find
quote
#48
Ok New link Acer Aspire One 725 v. 2.12 here :

http://rghost.net/53860042

regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#49
Ok, but where's the option to turn AMD-V on? I can't seem to find it in this version and Windows still tells me, it is disabled...

-.-
find
quote
#50
(04-15-2014, 03:14 PM)ThatOneAss Wrote: Ok, but where's the option to turn AMD-V on? I can't seem to find it in this version and Windows still tells me, it is disabled...

I am not magician so i cannot see Menu Tabs on my laptop, so
if You can upload some or all Menu Tabs Screen Shots I can look it
me too and can find what is shown and what I can unhide yet
(may be AMD-V) !
I will wait your upload and then will reply
Regards

Here another user flashed my modded bios and said AMD-V activated !
Look here :

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Ac...7#pid69697

Regrds

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)