Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 802
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108071
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1316
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9218
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8769
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14367
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425671
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227695
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119726
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 390
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7002
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310630
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62229

Unknown mobo, Phoenix BIOS - unlocking
#1
Hi all, it's my first post here ;-)

Here's the long story short: I have a mobo of unknown origin (a pull-off from a DVR of some sort), the BIOS ID is:

6A79HAKCC-00 05/05/2008

The AK thing says it's either Aaeon or Advantech - embedded computer manufacturers, the problem is - I couldn't find BIOSes on their respective websites, nor the specific motherboard model.

examination+googling revealed that this mobo is an Intel 945GM(E) + ICH7 one, modified Phoenix BIOS. The motherboard presents itself as Advansus 945G.

Here's the ROM file, backed up using the UniversalBIOSBackup:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/07e57nyy242fxw...6.00PG.rom

Honestly speaking, I'm too much of a n00b to modify it straight away - I've tried PhoenixModTool 1.42 and Phoenix BIOS editor, without success - cannot load the file properly. Can anyone help me?
find
quote
#2
(04-23-2014, 08:39 AM)godfreyho666 Wrote: Hi all, it's my first post here ;-)

Here's the long story short: I have a mobo of unknown origin (a pull-off from a DVR of some sort), the BIOS ID is:

6A79HAKCC-00 05/05/2008

The AK thing says it's either Aaeon or Advantech - embedded computer manufacturers, the problem is - I couldn't find BIOSes on their respective websites, nor the specific motherboard model.

examination+googling revealed that this mobo is an Intel 945GM(E) + ICH7 one, modified Phoenix BIOS. The motherboard presents itself as Advansus 945G.

Here's the ROM file, backed up using the UniversalBIOSBackup:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/07e57nyy242fxw...6.00PG.rom

Honestly speaking, I'm too much of a n00b to modify it straight away - I've tried PhoenixModTool 1.42 and Phoenix BIOS editor, without success - cannot load the file properly. Can anyone help me?


Just checking to see if you ever found a bios for your motherboard? I have a few of these (Verint Edge VR200 DVR) and got a few to work as DVRs with a propriety hard drive. But wanted to use the nice case to make a PC to use as a File Server/DLNA Server; so I stripped out the CCTVs card & the PQI Standard Disk on Module (IDE/PATA) module and installed Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) , but PC is slow even with a 120GB Sata SSD hard drive and 4GB. On board video card is awful so I am planning on purchasing a low profile nVidia card and see if that would help the performance. Ive searched the internet and found it to have a ADVANSUS Model 945G motherboard but was unable to find any BIOS updates. It currently only see about 3.5GB of memory (and think the video card is using some of my original 4GB). Any help with an updated BIOS would be appreicated and if I by chance come across an update I would be more than happy to pass it your way.

Thanks in advance

Jeff
find
quote
#3
Hi, unfortunately not. I managed to open the BIOS file for modding, but subsequent tinkering damaged it - I had to hotflash it :-) It seems it's custom-tailored by Advansus, not by having certain features locked, but completely removed instead (although of course I might be completely wring).

What puzzles me, though - is there any (from a different manufacturer) unlocked BIOS that could serve as a replacement for the original one?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)