Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Acer AN515-46 3070ti BIOS Modding Reques...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14008
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 110
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424482
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3624
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 290
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 211
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 313
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224589
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 277
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 415
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309742
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61969
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169348
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 831

Unlock Advanced Options in Lenovo B450 BIOS
#1
Brick 
Please help me to unlock Advanced Bios Features in my laptop.

Model - Lenovo B450
BIOS - InsydeH2O Rev 3.5
BIOS Download - http://download.lenovo.com/UserFiles/Dri...CN26WW.exe


Thank you.
find
quote
#2
Here

https://hostr.co/d68JZt4THJOx

<div style="background-color: #f9f9f9">
http://felipejfc.com
</div>
find
quote
#3
(03-04-2014, 09:40 AM)fjfc Wrote: Here

https://hostr.co/d68JZt4THJOx

Thank you fjfc.

I flashed my BIOS with the above file, I got a new tab 'Configuration' but as soon as I move to that tab system is restarting. Everything else is working fine, but I am unable to select that tab.

By the way, I am looking to enable VT-X on the BIOS.

Hope you can fix it.

Thank you.
find
quote
#4
(03-04-2014, 01:51 PM)NirmalRajmohan Wrote:
(03-04-2014, 09:40 AM)fjfc Wrote: Here

https://hostr.co/d68JZt4THJOx

Thank you fjfc.

I flashed my BIOS with the above file, I got a new tab 'Configuration' but as soon as I move to that tab system is restarting. Everything else is working fine, but I am unable to select that tab.

By the way, I am looking to enable VT-X on the BIOS.

Hope you can fix it.

Thank you.

Ok I'll take a look, is your processor compatible with vtx?

<div style="background-color: #f9f9f9">
http://felipejfc.com
</div>
find
quote
#5
(03-04-2014, 02:29 PM)fjfc Wrote:
(03-04-2014, 01:51 PM)NirmalRajmohan Wrote:
(03-04-2014, 09:40 AM)fjfc Wrote: Here

https://hostr.co/d68JZt4THJOx

Thank you fjfc.

I flashed my BIOS with the above file, I got a new tab 'Configuration' but as soon as I move to that tab system is restarting. Everything else is working fine, but I am unable to select that tab.

By the way, I am looking to enable VT-X on the BIOS.

Hope you can fix it.

Thank you.

Ok I'll take a look, is your processor compatible with vtx?

Yes, it is compatible.
Please see the CPUz Screenshot.
The new menu added is 'Advanced', but if I move to 'Configuration' laptop restarts.

[Image: CPUInfo.jpg]
screenshot tool
find
quote
#6
I'll try to manually enable vt-x for you with a mod and will edit here with the link...

EDIT

Can't be done using the original BIOS...

Can you DUMP your BIOS for me and link it? there are several tools and tutos on web on how to do this....
Also, was this tab Configurations in the BIOS already before the mod? was it working?

<div style="background-color: #f9f9f9">
http://felipejfc.com
</div>
find
quote
#7
It is in Advanced CPU Control (sub-menu) if not appear it's hidden so unlock and will be visible !
Setting: VT Support, Variable: 0x1AF [1] default (It's enabled by default)
Option: Enabled, Value: 0x1
Option: Disabled, Value: 0x0

Into bios backup You will find this register 0x1AF and if it's = 0 then is disabled !

regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#8
(03-04-2014, 05:34 PM)BDMaster Wrote: It is in Advanced CPU Control (sub-menu) if not appear it's hidden so unlock and will be visible !
Setting: VT Support, Variable: 0x1AF [1] default (It's enabled by default)
Option: Enabled, Value: 0x1
Option: Disabled, Value: 0x0

Into bios backup You will find this register 0x1AF and if it's = 0 then is disabled !

regards

Master BDMaster, I'm waiting for him to backup it, so that I can use EFI Dumper
Many thanks

<div style="background-color: #f9f9f9">
http://felipejfc.com
</div>
find
quote
#9
(03-04-2014, 05:34 PM)BDMaster Wrote: It is in Advanced CPU Control (sub-menu) if not appear it's hidden so unlock and will be visible !
Setting: VT Support, Variable: 0x1AF [1] default (It's enabled by default)
Option: Enabled, Value: 0x1
Option: Disabled, Value: 0x0

Into bios backup You will find this register 0x1AF and if it's = 0 then is disabled !

regards

Hey BDMaster. Sorry I haven't been online in a while. Nice to see this forums staying busy! Big Grin

So for IFR, I use the C programming language notation to indicate the size in bytes of the variable storage, [size in bytes]. Unfortunately EFI's IFR doesn't indicate the default value like UEFI's does. So for this setting:
Code:
Setting: VT Support, Variable: 0x1AF [1]
It's variable storage is located at offset 0x1AF at it takes up 1 bytes Tongue

The notation Universal IFR Extractor uses is:
Code:
Anything in parentheses, (), is additional information
Anything in brackets, [], is the size in bytes
Anything in braces, {}, is code

And incase you didn't notice, I got version 0.5 uploaded Big Grin
find
quote
#10
(03-04-2014, 10:11 PM)donovan6000 Wrote:
(03-04-2014, 05:34 PM)BDMaster Wrote: It is in Advanced CPU Control (sub-menu) if not appear it's hidden so unlock and will be visible !
Setting: VT Support, Variable: 0x1AF [1] default (It's enabled by default)
Option: Enabled, Value: 0x1
Option: Disabled, Value: 0x0

Into bios backup You will find this register 0x1AF and if it's = 0 then is disabled !

regards

Hey BDMaster. Sorry I haven't been online in a while. Nice to see this forums staying busy! Big Grin

So for IFR, I use the C programming language notation to indicate the size in bytes of the variable storage, [size in bytes]. Unfortunately EFI's IFR doesn't indicate the default value like UEFI's does. So for this setting:
Code:
Setting: VT Support, Variable: 0x1AF [1]
It's variable storage is located at offset 0x1AF at it takes up 1 bytes Tongue

The notation Universal IFR Extractor uses is:
Code:
Anything in parentheses, (), is additional information
Anything in brackets, [], is the size in bytes
Anything in braces, {}, is code

And incase you didn't notice, I got version 0.5 uploaded Big Grin

Hey donovan, this version you linked is 0.3

<div style="background-color: #f9f9f9">
http://felipejfc.com
</div>
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)