Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 459
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 104589
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 978
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3355
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 8480
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8161
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14339
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 247
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425523
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3837
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 526
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 326
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 665
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227441
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119624
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 384
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6993
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 613
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310556
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62217

[Unlock Request] Asus X456URK Motherboard
#1
Hi, I'm new to this modded BIOS and don't have any knowledge of doing it. 

Recently, I just bought a 1050 ti for an eGPU setup and didn't do my research well. Can anyone help me to unlock the bios so that i can enable the "hot-plug" in the PCIE Express Slot? I don't want to want to feel like i wasted my money. Sad

https://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/...456URK/45/ <-- the link to the bios driver.
I'm currently using the BIOS 304 as it is the latest 1.

(I've also insert the ZIP file for the BIOS)

If you need me to post anything else, do tell.

Thank you so much for your help.


Attached Files
.zip   X456URK-AS304.zip (Size: 4.22 MB / Downloads: 3)
find
quote
#2
(03-11-2017, 06:15 AM)junai78 Wrote: Hi, I'm new to this modded BIOS and don't have any knowledge of doing it. 

Recently, I just bought a 1050 ti for an eGPU setup and didn't do my research well. Can anyone help me to unlock the bios so that i can enable the "hot-plug" in the PCIE Express Slot? I don't want to want to feel like i wasted my money. Sad

https://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/...456URK/45/ <-- the link to the bios driver.
I'm currently using the BIOS 304 as it is the latest 1.

(I've also insert the ZIP file for the BIOS)

If you need me to post anything else, do tell.

Thank you so much for your help.

I think I can get that done but I need a full backup of your current bios rom

Requirements:
AfuWin 3.05.04 > download


Extracting AfuWin:
  1. Open up "afuwin.zip"
  2. Extract all files somewhere safe

Backup your original rom:
  1. Open a command prompt as admin in the Afuwin folder you just extracted
  2. Type "AFUWINx64.exe backup.rom /O" (without quotes)
  3. Save the generated file somewhere safe and send it to me
find
quote
#3
I hope this is correct.


Attached Files
.rar   backup.rar (Size: 4.11 MB / Downloads: 9)
find
quote
#4
(03-11-2017, 04:39 PM)junai78 Wrote: I hope this is correct.

I modded your BIOS, I enabled hotplug on all pci ports so try it out and see if it works.

First of all: I am not responsible for any damage you do to your laptop!

Requirements:
A backup of your original rom
The modified rom > download

Installing modified rom:
  1. Make sure your laptop is plugged in
  2. Close all windows
  3. Disable your antivirus
  4. If you have windows 10, make sure no updates are pending (so it doesn't auto restart during the flash)
  5. Copy the modified rom you downloaded to the Afuwin folder
  6. Make sure that the modified rom you copied is EXACTLY 6291456 bytes
  7. Go back to the admin command prompt in your Afuwin64 folder
  8. Type "AFUWINx64.exe X456URKPCIHP.rom /GAN"
  9. If you get any sort of error like size mismatch, DO NOT flash the bios
  10. Press Y when prompted
  11. Restart your laptop and see if it worked

Please post your results here...
find
quote
#5
Thank you so much! Big Grin
find
quote
#6
Hi,

I've just flashed the modified BIOS but it seems like nothing changed in the BIOS settings. I can't find the option to enable the PCI Express Port Root for hotplug. Do you have any guidelines/steps that i can follow?

Followed your steps for the flashing correctly too. Any ideas why it won't work?

   

       
find
quote
#7
bump.

Help me out please someone. Sad
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)