Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6436
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14065
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 147
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424627
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3668
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 339
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 239
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 361
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225080
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119233
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 308
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6830
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 455
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309892
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62020
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 674
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20333
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169483
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6416
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 878

[Unlock Request -Christmas Edition!] Overclock Options on Asus P5G41T-M LX2 GB
#1
Need some dire help to overclock this, as its nearing closer to Christmas and I had to skimp on parts to build a computer for my son. I assumed the CPU would be overclockable via the Motherboard, but alas, no dice. There are no options to overclock whatsoever and the actual CPU details are greyed out, any help unlocking them for this board would be greatly appreciated.

Original BIOS: http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=P5G41T-M+LX2%2FGB&p=1&os=29

thanks to anyone who can overcome this herculean effort.
find
quote
#2
I will take a look at this when I return to my modding workstation.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#3
Thanks a bunch, I really appreciate it. I wouldn't be able to post the motherboard back to have my money returned in time for Christmas, so this is a major help.
find
quote
#4
Hi Dukedazza,

An initial analysis of your BIOS suggests its fully locked using my utilities, however it seems one of my moderators was able to successfully unlock the LR version with the AI Overclock Utility etc.

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-En...T-M-LX2-BR

I am running some comparisons to see if the BIOS he posted is compatible with your motherboard, but there is a high chance there is and that it will be your best bet for overclocking. I will research the small model number difference to see how much difference there is.

Regards,
TheWiz
www find
quote
#5
Update: It is very hard to discern what the difference in these boards are. They look the same, Same Socket/chipset, but without knowing exact differences it would be very risky to flash the BIOS if you don't have a foolproof method of recovery. It seems for whatever reason the BR has all of the overclocking support and the GB has none.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#6
(12-15-2011, 06:48 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Update: It is very hard to discern what the difference in these boards are. They look the same, Same Socket/chipset, but without knowing exact differences it would be very risky to flash the BIOS if you don't have a foolproof method of recovery. It seems for whatever reason the BR has all of the overclocking support and the GB has none.

TheWiz

hmm. Well, thanks for everything, I appreciate it. I may have to give it a try anyways, is there a specific way of doing this? and if the worst happens, how can I recover my BIOS?
I'll let you know if it works after your advice.
find
quote
#7
You could follow the standard AMI flashing procedure as described at http://bios-mods.com/bios-update/ , however I believe your board should let you select a flash ROM straight from your BIOS menu.

Additional notes: They do indeed have the same chipset, socket, etc, but my "gut" is telling me that you could run into some serious issues that may result in a bricked board. You can always follow the ASUS recovery instructions for your board in your manual or our recovery methods at http://bios-mods.com/recovery/ , however I personally would only flash this if I had the means to reprogram the chip and retest easily, especially if it needs to be ready for Christmas. The actual overclocking performance you would gain would only be so significant even if the BIOS was 100% working. Maybe you can post your system config and identify the speed issues you are having and we can diagnose it from a software standpoint.

Regards,
TheWiz
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)