Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 813
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108111
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1318
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3545
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9224
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8774
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14374
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 253
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425701
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3850
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 542
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 336
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 730
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227802
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119732
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 392
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7006
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310657
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62242

Unlock request for HP dv6516tx
#1
Product Name and No.: HP dv6516tx

Operating System: Windows XP

Error Message: No Bluetooth device found

Changes Made: Updated BIOS to most recent version F. 5A

System Information:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name UDAYMITTAL-PC
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Pavilion dv6500 Notebook PC
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13 GenuineIntel ~1496 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.5A, 3/22/2010
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5687 (xpsp_sp3_qfe.080930-1426)"
User Name UDAYMITTAL-PC\Uday Mittal
Time Zone India Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 4,096.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 2.23 GB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 4.83 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Problem Description:

Yesterday I updated my laptop's BIOS to F 5A - latest available on HP Website. Since then I have lost the bluetooth functionality, which was wroking just fine prior to the update. Now the system doesn't find a bluetooth device.

What I have already done:

1. Switched back to previous versions of BIOS (available on HP Website coz I didn't note the BIOS version before I updated it). - That didn't work.

2. Reseated the wireless card - Didn't work.

3. Manually checked the connection of bluetooth module to the motherboard - Connection was fine but it still didn't work.

4. Uninstalled the bluetooth driver and reinstalled it (HP integrated module WIDCOM) - still didn't work

5. Installed HP Wireless Agent - Didn't work

6. Installed HP Integrated module driver along with HP Wireless Agent - Didn't work

7. Installed Ubuntu to check if its recognizing the device - Even its not recognizing the device which it used to do earlier.

8. Sadly there's no BIOS setting in Setup which I can change to correct the bluetooth behaviour (Phoenix BIOS with limited interface).

After all the research, I am posting this because I am unable to find a sloution to this problem on my own. I request the members to please help.

Since I am not able to get to BIOS setting related to Bluetooth in the current version I would like to request the unlocked version of the same.

Link to BIOS file: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48001-48500/sp48024.exe

Thank you so much and Kudos on the great work going on here.

Uday
find
quote
#2
Hi Uday ,

I have searched for any bluetooth ettings in your bios and found nothing to unlock about this .
I`m so sorry for this .

Thank you ,
Ahmed


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#3
Hey Ahmed,

Sorry for d late reply but thanks for taking out time for my problem. I have tried almost everything but couldn't get it work so would have to try a bit harder I guess.

Neways is there any setting to enable USB CD/DVD drive boot.

Uday
find
quote
#4
Hey Ahmed,

I got the bluetooth working. Had to dismantle the laptop and found that a small switch was loose. Anyways do tell me if there is something to enable USB CD/DVD booting.

Uday
find
quote
#5
Ok , i will see if there is any hidden options for boot and reply to you ASAP . But please be patient as I'm busy in studying for my exams in college Smile


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#6
Please go to this thread as you have the same bios file ( 30CCF5A.WPH ) as this thread ........ all hidden options will be unlocked including any boot options ( if found )

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-un...831ca-bios

it will be unlocked very soon.


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)