Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 91
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424380
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3608
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 270
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 197
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 298
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224379
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119161
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 270
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6778
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 397
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309681
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61955
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 615
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20268
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169253
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6336
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 817
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5785
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61188

Unlock the BIOS for Acer Aspire 7715z
#1
I would like to ask what programs I will need to unhide the Advanced and Power menus in the BIOS setup utility. I need them to override a problem in power management.

Is there a howto that I can read to understand what I will be doing?

I prefer to work on (Debian) Linux although I will use Windows without problems.

Download Link for BIOS:
http://support.acer.com/product/default....delId=1781
Please, use the latest BIOS update.

This is the Service Manual. A screenshot of the bios setup utility is found on Page 23. The 'Advanced' and 'Power' menus are shown but on my computer, they are hidden.
tim.id.au/laptops/acer/aspire%207715z%207315.pdf

BIOS screenshot:
http://www.dumpyourphoto.com/photo/view/.../0sW451meT

Thanks.
find
quote
#2
I managed to unhide the "Advanced" menu but the "Power" menu is still hidden. I used the link: http://www.jakobheinemann.de/j-bios.html

Any hints or links as to what I should do or read are appreciated.

Thanks.
find
quote
#3
Awesome!!

I had a look to the link you posted. I am in the same case as you but I can't get a bios under .rom or .fd format so i'm looking to the bios extraction part with fmem.
find
quote
#4
I managed to have the bios but I was unable to run the script.
Could you please explain me how did you proceed?
Thanks in advance
find
quote
#5
(12-19-2012, 05:27 PM)sabrevolt Wrote: I managed to have the bios but I was unable to run the script.
Could you please explain me how did you proceed?
Thanks in advance

I ran the script on Linux (Debian Wheezy). I had to use the command:
python j-bios.py -v original-bios.fd modified-bios.fd

The good news for you is that you don't need to install Linux because you can run a LiveCD; download the iso and burn it to a CD. After that boot the CD. If you use Ubuntu, the libraries and software will be more recent and it is made more novice friendly.

Hopefully that helps.

Place the original Bios file and the j-bios.py scripts in the same directory for the command to work. Otherwise, you have to use relative paths for the script, the input bios file and the output file.
find
quote
#6
Hi guys

I have the same Aspire 7715Z and I use Windows 7 x64.
Got an t8300 cpu with InsydeH20 bios and woulfdlike to have Advanced settings avaliable.
Anyone got this right from Windows?

The dinosaur has arrived! Wink
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)