Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Yesterday 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 123
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Yesterday 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 119
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 184
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1222539
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118966
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 192
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6676
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 298
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309100
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61815
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 505
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20141
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168916
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6187
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 707
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5664
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60990
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274845
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 821
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24768

[Unlocked] Acer Aspire 5741G (v1.23) + UEFI BIOS Alpha Test
#1
Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to unlock the BIOS of the Acer Aspire 5741G.
I searched the forums and found unlocked BIOSes of similar laptop models (e.g. 5742G or 5755G which seem to use the same/similar BIOS), but I do not want to risk bricking my laptop by flashing it with a BIOS that is not primarily made for the 5741G.

At the moment I use the latest available BIOS, v1.23:
http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...&SC=EMEA_8

The BIOS menu also says: Insyde H2O Rev. 3.5

I'd be glad if someone could help me out here :-)

btw: This laptop has both an integrated (Intel HD) and a discrete GPU (NVidia Geforce 320M), but Acer disabled the integrated chip, so I cannot switch between them. Do you think with an unlocked BIOS I might be able to activate it again?
find
quote
#2
bump :-)
find
quote
#3
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

I wait your news Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#4
Thanks for confirming,



Moved to unlocked /mod

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#5
Yeah, it worked, but it didn't show me any additional settings that I was hoping for (e.g. Fan Control and Video Settings).

But still thank you! :-)
find
quote
#6
Will it work like nvidia optimus?
please help us to unlock i5 intel IGP (switchable with GT320m) so that we can save a little bit battery life
find
quote
#7
(02-24-2012, 06:36 AM)kimyu92 Wrote: Will it work like nvidia optimus?
please help us to unlock i5 intel IGP (switchable with GT320m) so that we can save a little bit battery life

Unfortunately it does not unlock the Intel GPU chip, so no, it doesn't work like nvidia optimus Undecided
find
quote
#8
so anyone know how to hack the bios to unlock Intel GPU (what a waste i5 IGP)?
find
quote
#9
(01-08-2012, 03:31 PM)camiloml Wrote: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

I wait your news Wink
I had to register again just to make a thank you post! The bios works fine and I've been adjusting a lot of features ever since.
Keep up the good work!
find
quote
#10
hi
this model Acer Aspire 5741G can be upgrade the ram to 16 GB
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)