Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108038
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9214
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8765
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14359
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425647
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3844
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 534
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 724
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227591
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119718
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6999
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 621
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310591
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62224

[Unlocked] Acer Aspire 5741G (v1.23) + UEFI BIOS Alpha Test
#1
Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to unlock the BIOS of the Acer Aspire 5741G.
I searched the forums and found unlocked BIOSes of similar laptop models (e.g. 5742G or 5755G which seem to use the same/similar BIOS), but I do not want to risk bricking my laptop by flashing it with a BIOS that is not primarily made for the 5741G.

At the moment I use the latest available BIOS, v1.23:
http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...&SC=EMEA_8

The BIOS menu also says: Insyde H2O Rev. 3.5

I'd be glad if someone could help me out here :-)

btw: This laptop has both an integrated (Intel HD) and a discrete GPU (NVidia Geforce 320M), but Acer disabled the integrated chip, so I cannot switch between them. Do you think with an unlocked BIOS I might be able to activate it again?
find
quote
#2
bump :-)
find
quote
#3
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

I wait your news Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#4
Thanks for confirming,



Moved to unlocked /mod

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#5
Yeah, it worked, but it didn't show me any additional settings that I was hoping for (e.g. Fan Control and Video Settings).

But still thank you! :-)
find
quote
#6
Will it work like nvidia optimus?
please help us to unlock i5 intel IGP (switchable with GT320m) so that we can save a little bit battery life
find
quote
#7
(02-24-2012, 06:36 AM)kimyu92 Wrote: Will it work like nvidia optimus?
please help us to unlock i5 intel IGP (switchable with GT320m) so that we can save a little bit battery life

Unfortunately it does not unlock the Intel GPU chip, so no, it doesn't work like nvidia optimus Undecided
find
quote
#8
so anyone know how to hack the bios to unlock Intel GPU (what a waste i5 IGP)?
find
quote
#9
(01-08-2012, 03:31 PM)camiloml Wrote: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

I wait your news Wink
I had to register again just to make a thank you post! The bios works fine and I've been adjusting a lot of features ever since.
Keep up the good work!
find
quote
#10
hi
this model Acer Aspire 5741G can be upgrade the ram to 16 GB
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)