Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6358
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14009
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 110
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424483
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3625
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 290
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 211
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 314
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224592
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 277
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 415
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309742
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61969
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20282
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169349
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 831

[Unlocked] Enable Advanced menu HP Envy 14
#11
(10-15-2011, 02:11 PM)Tchongy Wrote: yes the files names you have are correct. I already had a semibrick with my previous computer and the recovery processus worked with a 16gb flash drive Smile
In any case I tried the modded bios and it seems to be working fine. I will make some test in case.

Ok thanks! im gonna test the modded bios now Big Grin.
It Works! Thank you soo much!
Hey Tchongy, do you have the ''execute disable option'' on your bios? because i cant find it D:
find
quote
#12
I don't know which option you are talking about. There are so many options now Smile
In any case when I set the ram clock to 1600mhz nothing happen, it's still running at 1330mhz, maybe because the ram voltage is too low (Unfortunately there is no option to change the ram voltage).

Anyway thank you for the mod, the menus are unlocked and no semibrick here Smile


find
quote
#13
Guys,
Hi from an Envy owner!
As for the bios, I am in trouble. I flashed the bios from camiloml and after some hours and 3 restarts, it was a semi-brick (or so I think, the caps lock light keeps flashing) and I couldnt get into the system nor the bios.

I have most things prepared to unbrick my laptop as per the instructions, however I do not have the 03385.bin and 03385.sig files from the official HP SP54022 firmware update to put in the flash drive I prepared for recovery.

Could you please upload these two files somewhere and pass on the link?

Thanks a ton. I am worried as to what is going to happen to my Envy.

PS: Please PM me the link if you cannot post.
find
quote
#14
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...p54022.rar
Thanks for confirming,



Moved to unlocked /mod

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#15
(11-11-2011, 06:26 PM)camiloml Wrote: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...p54022.rar
Thanks for confirming,



Moved to unlocked /mod

Thanks camiloml.
However, when I try to flash, it tells me "System Bios Recovery Failed". My questions:
a. Do I have to delete everything on the HP_TOOLS partition of the laptop before attempting this?
b. Removing CMOS battery is a necessity?
C. Which of these steps are optional?

Thanks again.
find
quote
#16
Normally is needed rename/delete HP_TOOLS partition before flashing a RSA SIGNED bios after being modded.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#17
Okay. I removed the msata system ssd and only kept the data drive without any HP_TOOLS partition.
Still my envy keeps on rebooting.
Tried your idea, Linuxhata's idea and thopiekar's idea as well. still no luck.
Are the recovery BIOS image uploaded by you signed?
Alright, another successful bios recovery. Here are the steps:

Note: My Envy 14 had an msata SSD as a system drive and another sata hdd as a data drive. The HP_TOOLS partition was on msata ssd and was not deleted, however the bios files were removed. I would and as camilo suggested remove this partition of you are modding the custom firmware.

1. Remove the msata ssd. Only keep the data drive. (I havent tested it without the data drive). This would be beneficial to those who do not have an external device to connect the ssd or hdd to another PC.
2. Prepare the usb drive as per LinuxHata's suggestion (search the forum).
3. replace the bios files with the recovery ones in all 3 folders (current, new, previous).
4. remove battery
5. pulg in the usb drive
6. power on
7. It should do the needed. No need to press anything. The computer should flash and recover the bios and restart.

Thanks to camilo, linuxhata and thopiekar.
Cheers!
find
quote
#18
Guys I desperately need help. I'm trying to enable ACHI mode but have have difficulties doing so. I understand that I would need to access the Advanced BIOS Menu and that this tread is suppose to help users succeed with the process. Would someone be kind enough to guide me in this quest? Huh

So far, I tried installing camiloml's BIOS but had no luck as it would tell me that the bios failed to update. Where do I go from there?
find
quote
#19
Rename HP_TOOLS partition and try flasing again.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#20
(12-28-2011, 10:10 AM)camiloml Wrote: Rename HP_TOOLS partition and try flasing again.

Thanks for responding, but the thing is that, I've just reset my computer to factory setting and the HP_TOOLS partition is no longer present.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)