Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Today 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 40981
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: k24a1
Today 05:28 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 6576
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 86
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317142
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101078
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2524
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 339
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55328
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64133
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4102
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 148
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 98
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52220
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167249
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 240
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 330
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 130
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6334
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 141

[Unlocked, sp54724] HP Dv6-6135dx [amd]
(12-14-2011, 01:21 PM)camiloml Wrote: I think if you disable the "Cool 'n' quiet" feature fan will run at full speed.

Ooo . . just noticed the updated bios with fan control. I will flash since i brought my laptop to work. I also will try and confirm 100 percent fan with the disabled cool n quiet junk!

Ok that dose not help fan un at 100 percent. Can percentage of fan be added to bios? Im ready to donate if you can make these good thigns happen! Also someone claimed the bios allows you to select the 6750m as primary or permanent? please explain as i cannot find
find
Disabling Cool 'n Quiet didn't seem to affect the fan. I couldn't find a way to set discrete card only either, although that's not as important to me. Only OpenGL thing I'll run is Minecraft and that plays fine with the IGP. But ability to have fan crank to full at set temperature would be awesome. I'm thinking coolsense may have something to do with it though. But no way to remove it without uninstalling HP Support Assistant, and last time I did that I ended up with issues. Although I may make an image of my system, remove it and see if the fan is affected.

I also am planning on an Intel wifi adapter, something better than the piece of crap that's currently installed, and see if the removal of whitelist works.
find
Does anyone else have graphical issues while running the HP drivers? While I'm in firefox I have artifacting, even before I did the custom bios update.

Also, can anyone recommend me a set of drivers? The HP ones are absolutely awful. When I install them it seems like it's just an overly simplified driver. It doesn't even install the control center, and I feel like the 6750 isn't even being used.

Does this modded bios allow me to make the 6750m the primary adapter? If so, someone please tell me because this laptop has been a pain in the *beep* for me. It seems like they intentionally left out a way to use only the 6750, I don't want any of this switchable graphics garbage or crossfire, I just want to know that my 6750 is alive and working.
find
Also looking for the option to make the 6750m the primary adapter. This bios does not seem to have it (it's grayed out). Anyone know how to make this available?
find
My 6750 is for whatever reason no longer detected after flashing this bios. I reverted back to stock bios and reinstalled windows, tried many different drivers and it's still not detected. I have to run the 6620g alone to actually have a usable machine. Any advice would be appreciated.
find
Try loading bios defaults or in worst case try removing cmos battery for a few moments.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
(12-21-2011, 05:55 PM)camiloml Wrote: Try loading bios defaults or in worst case try removing cmos battery for a few moments.

I tried everything I could think of including those, no go.
find
I ran into the same issues after testing. I had to uninstall my video drivers, and while running standard VGA (I raw installed Windows), I installed one of the stock BIOS and reset defaults on that. Then after the OS loaded, I installed the Cat 12.1's again, and the hybrid mode worked again. *edit* See below for an easier way the reinstalling drivers. **

I then reloaded the mod BIOS and only changed the VIDEO settings.

To set true Power Xpress mode:

Set "Power Xpress" then:

PX Fix Mode: Enable
PX Dynamic Mode: Disable
Stereo 3D: Disable
PX mode: MuxLess
Discrete GFX Modules: None
HDMI Audio: Enable

To set the original Hybrid mode:

PX Fix Mode: Disable
PX Dynamic Mode: Enable

To set switchable + Hybid (HOLY GRAIL MODE, BUGGY!!!):

PX Fix Mode: Enable
PX Dynamic Mode: Enable

The great part about setting true Power Xpress for me is, I am one of those users with the BSOD issue. Now I can at least fall back on the discrete only card (I got to really test it to see if the BSOD issue goes away). *edit* I give up, I'm sending this thing back. Software patch on HP's site didn't do anything for me!**

I wish I could flash the Video BIOS back to stock but cannot. One user I found reported that after installing F. 21, the BSOD's stated (no clue what they were running before). I tired to flash the F. 1D BIOS to see if that would fix my problem, but the Video BIOS still stays dated 2011/04/06. I don't believe the F. 1D BIOS has Video BIOS code (would need a confirm on this).

Anyway, to if you mess up and turn on switchable graphics, but leave the card using the higher powered card, you will run into ColdRush's issue.

ColdRush, to fix the problem...

First, set Hybrid or PowerXpress mode as I outlined above. Open Device manager and select the card that has an arrow pointing down, right click select properties, then enable the device. Restart. Should work okay now. If you change video settings in the future, manually set the device to Power Saving!

Word of warning, DO NOT SWITCH GRAPHICS MODES WITH HDMI DEVICE. Unplug the HDMI device first! You will be sorry if you do. lol
find
Hi,
I loaded this Bios (sp54724_NWL_740_880_VGA-OC_UlkMenus_ByCamiloml) in my DV6-6135dx and it's running great except for one little catch. 3dmark Vantage and 3dmark11 both keep kicking back the following error.

Workload Single init returned error message: DXGI call IDXGIOutput::GetDisplayModeList failed:

The item requested was not found. For GetPrivateData calls, this means that the specified GUID had not been previously associated with the object.

DXGI_ERROR_NOT_FOUND

I don't think it is related to the overclock. In both benchmarks it completes the first two graphics tesst and then gives the error just as it goes to load test #3
The first two tests run well with no artifacts and the gpu max temp stays under 60 degrees. The heaven dx11 benchmark completes and I can let it loop for a half hour with out any problems.

Anyone have any thoughts on what might be causing this?
find

tarigsby I am getting the same message , did you find a solution yet?
find