Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 799
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108064
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9217
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8768
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14366
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425664
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227637
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7001
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310612
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62228

Updating Bios of VIA EPIA - MII Mini iTX Board
#1
Hi All,

I downloaded the OEM BIOS for Via Mini-ITX motherboard from following link:

http://www.viaarena.com/displaydownload.aspx?PageID=1&DSCat=42&DCatType=3

and I am trying to update Bios Via Mini-ITX motherboard to Oem Bios. But when I open the downloaded file, I saw that each folder contains "Bios_D.Bin" and "Bios_R.Bin" file. How can I know which ".Bin" file I have to use to upgrade my Bios? My main concern is PCMCIA folder and it also contains two bin files : "Bios_D.Bin" and "Bios_R.Bin" , what is the difference between these two files ? which .Bin file I have to use to upgrade the Bios? Do I have to use both files to upgrade the Bios ? if I have to use both .Bin file to upgrade the Bios, then which .Bin file I have to use first?

I will greatly appreciate if anyone here could help me.
cishor
find
quote
#2
The link you have downloaded is not the motherboard BIOS , its a DOS based fastboot environment , looks like a mini-os to provide basic functionality without booting the whole operating system. The two bin files in the PCMCIA folder are most likely just the bioses to recognize the pcmcia cards you have connected.

Back to the main point , this is not the file your looking for , the latest BETA bios available is here:

http://www.viaarena.com/Guide/dmatest_epiam2.bin

This bios had quite a lot of features including some basic overclocking hidden which i have unlocked in this mod:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Via%20EPI...34s282.zip

Try at your own risk!
Regards
Admin
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)